• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone get their I phone yet?

The AT&T exclusive was something Apple had to give AT&T in exchange for unprecedented control over the iPhone experience. I've also heard arguments that 3G chipset is larger and a power hog which might have swayed Apple.

In the end, I think this will be very successful. Apple will address the software issues, new versions of the phone will address hardware issues. I'll probably buy one in the next few weeks, but I also recognize a better model will be available this time next year. And the year after...

Re: The TRUE cost of the iPhone

Why dont you include the "true cost" of other smartphones. I'm sure they'll be similar in the long run.

While you're at it, throw in the true cost of NSX ownership. Wha? I need to buy gas to use it? Premium?! Oil Changes, Clutches, Brakes, CTSC, Turbo, Flux Capacitor....:eek: Other stuff too. How about true prices of Homes. You mean I have to pay taxes on something I own and paid off for?

This iPhone doesn't even support 'push' technology which is on most 2nd Gen bluetooth phones now these days. Does it support sending pictures w/ text? MMS? There will be so much copy of this, it will be the apple fans that will remain true. i like pineapples better.

There's alot of Apple haters out there it seems. Talking down the iPhone without having used one. Kinda like people talking down on the NSX without ever having driven one.

Nah. It's more like predicting the $700 Playstation 3 flop before it happened. It's easy to spot.

People who can afford a $600 phone:
- Business people
- Some college kids with spare money

Business people don't want it because it doesn't work with corporate email very well. That leaves a very small market share...

Nah. It's more like predicting the $700 Playstation 3 flop before it happened. It's easy to spot.

People who can afford a $600 phone:
- Business people
- Some college kids with spare money

Business people don't want it because it doesn't work with corporate email very well. That leaves a very small market share...

WOOT!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

With the visual voicemail and amount of data Apple wants to guarantee customers, they had to have a carrier on 100%. I heard they tried others and were turned down. Kind of says something about the other companies... Apple is making the cellphone experience better & easier, and they didn't want to take part. I wouldn't trust my company if they turned down an offer like that.

I bought one last night, just for the purpose of reselling it. After trolling Ebay and seeing there was no premium for them anymore, I returned it.

So, I owned a Iphone for about 15 minutes total. Heh.

Is everyone familiar with the battery replacement process? Here's an excerpt from CBS News:

CBS News said:
The Foundation for Consumer and Taxpayer Rights has sent a letter to Apple and AT&T Inc., the cell phone's exclusive carrier, complaining that customers were being left in the dark about the procedure and cost of replacing the gadget's battery.

The iPhone's battery is apparently soldered on inside the device and cannot be swapped out by the owner like most other cell phones.

Apple spokeswoman Jennifer Hakes said Thursday the company posted the battery replacement details on its Web site last Friday after the product went on sale.

Users would have to submit their iPhone to Apple for battery service. The service will cost users $79, plus $6.95 for shipping, and will take three business days.

The procedure is similar to the one it has for the company's best-selling iPod players, but because some users will not want to live without their cell phones, Apple is also offering a loaner iPhone for $29 while the gadget is under repair.

All the tech guys I know say it's way behind the curve and can do very little. They hate it.

I want one just cuz it looks cool. But I don't have AT&T :frown:

It's a ITurd they can keep it. Does not work with e-mail at all and now I see you have to send it in to fix the batt if it craps out. Same thing with my old razor they said I had to ship it off, after that I threw it in the trash in front of them and left. Most people have enough crap to deal with and this just adds to it.

This is the next product:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rw2nkoGLhrE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rw2nkoGLhrE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

The battery is actually soldered into the phone. No clue as to why. I just remember seeing 3-4 tiny wires attached to it.

No, but I have lots of shares of AAPL stock...please buy them.:biggrin:

Don't have one yet, but I am sold after playing another Prime Member's I phone briefly.

Its got everything I want. For the money, can I buy better?

14.jpg

but from the replies i saw that the battery has a very short life i that iphone?is it worth them to buy?with cmera of 1.3mph ?

i got mine the first day... i have no regrets. i actually really enjoy it. and it is a GREAT conversation piece at the clubs with the ladies... :biggrin:

i have some "very" interesting pictures taken on my iphone with the ladies, so that they can "flip" through them with their fingers... which they think is so cool... hahaa...

anyways, i love new toys... the iphone fits that bill :biggrin:

I played with one at the Apple store and I am sold on this I Phone. The only negative thing I have is the buttons for typing are too small/close together.

other than that the You Tube link was great , I Tunes feature excellent and the touch screen revolutionary.

It's a ITurd they can keep it. Does not work with e-mail at all and now I see you have to send it in to fix the batt if it craps out. Same thing with my old razor they said I had to ship it off, after that I threw it in the trash in front of them and left. Most people have enough crap to deal with and this just adds to it.

Where are you getting your info from? Of course the email works, even with Microsoft Outlook.

my AOL email and GMAIL email seems to work just fine :smile:

I'd just like to add that iPhone works with my Kenwood DDX-7017 headunit. When you plug it in, it tells you that the device is not designed to work with iPhone, and then asks you if you'd like to turn on airplane mode to reduce interference. Just touch cancel and you're good to go. Playlist show up just like a normal iPod. When you get a call, music fades just like its supposed to, and the ringtone even plays through the car's sound system. It also charges your phone while plugged in, no need to get a car charger!

Now I have to find my BT headset and test it out while its plugged in the car to see if/how it works.

No 3rd party software?

No high speed internet?

No removable battery?

No removable storage?

Not even a decent music/video player?

No voice command software?

Should be another home run for a company that seems to excel at selling over priced and inferior products with proprietary technology to swarming masses.

Back