• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone going April 9-10 to Gateway for the PCA Event

I will be at Mid-Ohio for the BMW CCA event that weekend. And based on their website, it sounds like there are still openings!

No offense, but any time I have the choice between driving Mid-Ohio and driving Gateway, I'll take Mid-Ohio. It's the most fun track out of the 23 tracks I've driven. Easy decision...

nsxtasy said:
I will be at Mid-Ohio for the BMW CCA event that weekend. And based on their website, it sounds like there are still openings!

NASA is doing Road America the same weekend, too. It was a coin toss for me, but the closeness of RAm and my car's reliability/comfort on long drives swung me there. :)

Plus, I'd like to start running with the Advanced groups, and I'd rather start doing it somewhere I'm much more comfortable with (RAm is a relatively "easy" track, a bunch of single corners connected by straights.)

-Chris

Gateway is somewhat technical and the oval makes it interesting but there are few dedicated road courses I wouldn't choose over Gateway FWIW.

Also - Mid Ohio was a blast and everyone owes it to themselves to do it at least once IMO.

nsxtasy said:

No offense, but any time I have the choice between driving Mid-Ohio and driving Gateway, I'll take Mid-Ohio. It's the most fun track out of the 23 tracks I've driven. Easy decision...

If it were 10-20 Minutes from my house I would probably switch up.
But since it's considerably farther away from my driveway.
I will have to choose Gateway. :smile:
Then My wife and kids can come and go as they please for the entire weekend.

I want to go to Mid Ohio or Road America, the next time a lot of you guys decide to invade an event, I will join in. As long as it's not conflicting with July 4-6.

len3.8 said:
If it were 10-20 Minutes from my house I would probably switch up.
But since it's considerably farther away from my driveway.
I will have to choose Gateway. :smile:
Then My wife and kids can come and go as they please for the entire weekend.

I want to go to Mid Ohio or Road America, the next time a lot of you guys decide to invade an event, I will join in. As long as it's not conflicting with July 4-6.

Len,
A few of us always do the Badger Bimmers HPDE at RA in September. This year the date is 9/24-25 maybe you should get a group together and caravan up here for the event.

http://www.roadamerica.com/2005/races_clubs.htm

len3.8 said:
EDIT: This post is a total threadjack.. sorry.
-----------------------------------------------

There's a large number of people going with Windy City BMW to RA April 30 - May 1. A few of them are even bringing NSX's. ;)

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47222

"Apps mailed in......

Tom-adv (NSX)
Steve-adv (NSX)
Ken-instruct (ITR)
Sean-novice (NSX)
Chris-intermediate or adv? (ITR)
Ryan-intermediate or adv? (NSX)
BrianK-novice (NSX)
Zanardi-instruct (NSX)
BryanH-instruct (NSX) I am guessing he will be there?????
DaveB-adv (NSX) can't make it other obligations this year"

Okay, obviously there are a lot of track events at a lot of tracks.

And, just as obviously, when a track is very close to home (as Gateway is to the folks in St. Louis), there are a lot of advantages. Not just the family stopping by, but also the time spent en route, the fact that you don't have to pack clothes or pay for a hotel, etc. Tremendously convenient. 'nuff said.

As for which events to choose... for Road America, a lot more NSXers come to the Windy City BMW event each spring than the Badger BMW event in the fall. Due to historical reasons. ;) If you apply now for the Windy City event, you still have a good chance of getting in. For Mid-Ohio, I'm not aware of any events which have a lot of NSXs attending... but the Northern Ohio Chapter of BMW CCA holds an event there Memorial Day weekend (Sat-Sun) every year, in addition to the early April event which is new this year. I'll be instructing at both. And you can still sign up for either (or both!).

If the weather cooperates, I will probably bring the NSX to the Memorial Day weekend at Mid-Ohio, as well as to Putnam Park April 16-17 with Hoosier BMW.

NSX 3.0 said:
Len,
A few of us always do the Badger Bimmers HPDE at RA in September. This year the date is 9/24-25 maybe you should get a group together and caravan up here for the event.

http://www.roadamerica.com/2005/races_clubs.htm

It's a date. That is the the day after my B-day, I know I can "guilt" my way into going to that one. :biggrin:
The only thing I want to stop me: Busy as heck making $$$'s to support my GFCP habit. :wink:

Chris F said:
EDIT: This post is a total threadjack.. sorry.
-----------------------------------------------

There's a large number of people going with Windy City BMW to RA April 30 - May 1. A few of them are even bringing NSX's. ;)

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47222

"Apps mailed in......

Tom-adv (NSX)
Steve-adv (NSX)
Ken-instruct (ITR)
Sean-novice (NSX)
Chris-intermediate or adv? (ITR)
Ryan-intermediate or adv? (NSX)
BrianK-novice (NSX)
Zanardi-instruct (NSX)
BryanH-instruct (NSX) I am guessing he will be there?????
DaveB-adv (NSX) can't make it other obligations this year"

I really would sign up for this if were I not going to be deep in a jungle in South America. Probably fighting the mosquitoes.

Back