• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone have a 2002+ NSX for sale?

This could possibly be the same car I flew to San Jose to buy back in 09?
Here is the vin JH4NA21612T000042. You can do a seach on it.

Were the 02+ cars always interior color matched or could you purchase a different color as an option? I've got a dealer brochure but it's buried in boxes and I can't find it. I wonder if there was no choice and you had to take the color match or if you could order it with say a black interior.

My preference no matter what color the car was... would be a black leather interior... but that's just me.

Bought in 09 for $45k, now for sale for $55k...hmmm....

Not unreasonable when the economic crisis hit in 2008...

I know of someone who owns an Imola Orange Pearl that was bought in the $40's and he'd never sell it for less than $55k now.

John - either the LBBP or that White 02 would be amazing.

Heck Bangbang and I subscribe to the same NSX disease...he's owned 5 and I've owned 3. I'm sure there's many of us in that same boat.

Bought in 09 for $45k, now for sale for $55k...hmmm....

To those owners who are considering selling, this is a prime example of the NSX being an excellent investment! :biggrin:

Seriously though, what other investment is likely to go UP in value over time and is also a toy that you can enjoy? I hope DocL reads this.

It's true I saw a o2 or 03 imola sell for 50k two years ago those days are gone now! That same car with more miles now is like 60k today

Last edited:
That's pretty shitty news for a guy like me.

Meanwhile I just got back from a helluva day on the track in my CR. Very hard to consider letting it go now, which is what I'd need to do to pick up an NSX this year. Let's see what develops. The CR absolutely RIPs on the track. Dare I say, more than my NSX ....

Newer design, built in the same factory....

It could be John, you're enjoying driving something different. If you timed your laps (and I'm sure you didn't because that's bad), but if you did, where do you think you're lap times would be compared to your NSX?

IMHO, I don't think the track times can compare with all things equal. Feel is very subjective... I remember Jenson Button being asked when he went from Honda's RA108 mid to rear field F1 car to Brawns BGP001 which domainated esp in the first race... he said it basically felt the same.

I think John will remember that the NSX also absolutely rips the track like the CR does but if he drove 10 laps with the CR, then 10 laps with an NSX, I doubt the CR would ever beat the NSX taking the fastest lap of each.

I'm not saying the S2000 is far below, we are talking about cars in the same power class.

I don't know about that Garrick - I remember track guys swapping out their NSXs for S2000s and going faster. 240hp vs 270 or even 290 could easily be a wash once weight factors in.

Don't discount how fast s2000s can be. They're probably faster in a straight line than a '95 NSX (with targa, 5spd, and 270).

S2000 vs NSX on the track likely comes down to driver. Supercharge either and you're dusting the other on the straights.

I don't know about that Garrick - I remember track guys swapping out their NSXs for S2000s and going faster. 240hp vs 270 or even 290 could easily be a wash once weight factors in.

Don't discount how fast s2000s can be. They're probably faster in a straight line than a '95 NSX (with targa, 5spd, and 270).

S2000 vs NSX on the track likely comes down to driver. Supercharge either and you're dusting the other on the straights.

And tires tires tires tires.

Ya John - tell the nice peoples what you bought. Oh ya ,nothing yet. You're in an excellent position as a buyer this time of year to wait for the perfect deal.

I'm sure that there's more than a few great 02+s for sale now that will get sold for mid $40s given the time of year.

John will buy one of those and he will take another ride in the <cough> under 300hp club. :)

Sorry for not replying to this earlier.

On the track, I would have to say the NSX takes the cake in top end speed, and grunt to pull out of corners. The S2000 feels tighter, lighter and the Spoon brakes and Endless pads my CR was equipped with (along with the fact
the car is much less expensive to fix so the pucker factor was not there compared to lapping the nsx) made the car feel really confident in a tight course like the DDT. I did the DDT in the NSX waaay back in the day (in 2007) so its really hard to make an accurate comparison but overall I would put the CR at an advantage. On a wide open, sprawling circuit like my home course at Calabogie with big sweepers and straightaways I think the NSX would be the winner. Dead heat I guess is the diplomatic way to say it. Don't forget when I say grunt, my old nsx was supercharged with the GruppeM, which is known for its low end torque. Not sure what a 270hp NSX would feel like.

One thing to say though...wind tunnel tested functional aerodynamics like the CR is hard to beat! My old NSX was a buffet of off the shelf tuner parts which I'm sure is more style than substance. On the highway, I've never been in a car as stable as the CR. EVER. No lift, no buffetting, NOTHING. It was eerie.

Yes, my 2 months (to the day) experience with the S2000CR is over. The car found a great new owner who took possession of her yesterday. She's in Barrie now. This is his 3rd S2000. The last one was a Rio Yellow 2004 with a paxton supercharger. He just sold that 3 months ago and regretted it ever since until he found my CR. I find it really interesting the parallels between S2000 and NSX owners. They are so loyal to their cars and many I have met are on their 2nd or 3rd S2K. Very cool. Every owner I've met has been like a younger version of an NSX owner. Nice people.

For the first time since 1998 I'm without a dedicated sports car. I'm going to hobble by with my FX35 until the right car comes along. I'm keeping my options open, so no idea if it will be another NSX.

Those S2000s are great cars. So cheap too.

John is in a good position. All I can tell him is grab his stein and get ready for Octoberfest!!!!

Last edited:
Those S2000s are great cars. So cheap too.

John is in a good position. All I can tell him is grab his stein and get ready for Octoberfest!!!!

Dave is the most rabid Porsche guy I know. He cares more about my next choice than my wife. :)

Keep the suggestions coming brother!

I don't care about your choice, I just want you to be happy.

And I know what will make you happy.

Starts with P and ends with orsche Turbo.

BUY THIS
The only problem with that car is that it looks like a Porsche Turbo.

I have now diagnosed your problem: your eyes are crossed.

Ask the person who's closest to you to hit you in the side of the head, hard.

That'll uncross them and a GTR will suddenly look the same to you as it does to the rest of the world without crossed eyes!

ALSO- Its the car that made me rabid. If you think Im bad, try the car. Its VISCIOUS, but yet it takes my son to hockey/baseball/carries my bike on the roof/rules the road in the winter/took my family of 4 away for the weekend/etc...

Last edited:
Back