• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone have an Acura Dealership plate I can use?

I am going to pick up my car on saturday in atlanta and have to drive back with no plates. I am kicking myself because I just threw out the Mcgrath plates that were on my new mdx when I cleaned the garage last week. If someone in the city or not to far out has an Acura Dealership plate I could borrow I would appreciate it. I am taking about the ones that are on all new dealership cars or even an acura certified pre-owned plate is fine. I think with that on and the Mcgrath acura frame I have it will be a little less noticable than going with nothing. I thought about the LAF cardboard thing but that is not really true yet and probably just as likely to get me stopped. It would possibly look like I just bought the car from a dealership rather than like I'm up to something shady. Oh, and I can't get a temp transfer tag because in chicago you need the title first. The car was registered in florida and I am picking it up in Atlanta so I can't get the Florida temp transfer tag either. Wonder if I could go into the ATL DMV with my florida title and get one, if it is even open? Let me know if anyone can help.
thanks

When I bought my car in Virginia a month ago, we went over to the DMV who issued me a temp sticker. I was sopposed to put it on my window, but I forgot. 700 miles, no plate, sticker, and no cops. :D However, If I did get pulled over, iI had documentation to prove I owned the car:

1. Title
2. BOS
3. Temp sticker

The Temp sticker was only $5. I'm sure Georgia has something like this. It's called a "point a to b" permit or something of that nature. My permit was for 3 days. If they don't have something like this, then the title and BOS should hopefully work if you get pulled over.

I guess I can say the sticker blew out the window if I have to. Got the number for the ATL DMV thats open saturday, gonna call them in the morning.
The car is red, that does not exactly help me blend in. How many cops did you drive past that could have pulled you over synth19?

Ask the guy you are buying it from to leave the plate on for one day and mail it back to him. He has deniability if you get in trouble with it...he can say he forgot to take it off. The title and bill of sale show it is your car when you drive it home, he is no longer responsible for the vehicle regardless if it has his plate on it or not.

I asked for the old plate, the previous owner refused. As far as cops go, I think only 1-2. At one point I noticed a cop in front of me, I just stayed behind to make sure I didn't pass him. Eventually he exited.

Ask the guy you are buying it from to leave the plate on for one day and mail it back to him. He has deniability if you get in trouble with it...he can say he forgot to take it off. The title and bill of sale show it is your car when you drive it home, he is no longer responsible for the vehicle regardless if it has his plate on it or not.

if its bought out of state....you can roll with no plates.

you just need the TITLE and BILL OF SALE with DATE.

ive bought alot of bikes and couple cars from out of state. only time i got pulled over is coming back from MN on my gixxer1000....a state trooper pulled up to me at belvidere oasis and questioned me.

i showed him the bill of sale and title...and he told me if i bought it in IL, i would need a "temp" plate...but since its out of state, i was fine.

Back