• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone have the front radiator hoses burst?

Also, has anyone had the coolant hoses that run through the center of the car burst? I am wondering about the longevity of these hoses and when I should change them

They last a long time, and break at anytime. Depends on were you live how much you drive. Hot climates and hard driving will make for more frequent changes necessary. I just finished changing all the hoses on my 91 and did not find any that were ready to go. The Dos Amigos in the engine compartment showed the most deterioration (softness). The main problem is if you loose a hose on the X you end up on the side of the road waiting for a flat bed, hoping you did not damage the engine.

mikerosi said:
when I should change them
I think it's a good idea to change them at the same time as you change the timing belt and water pump, for three reasons: (1) it's an appropriate interval of time/mileage - long enough so that it's not unnecessarily frequent, but short enough so that they should be able to last that long without failing; (2) it saves labor and materials (the coolant is flushed at the same time in either operation); and (3) it's easy to remember and keep track since it's already a service interval.

Back