• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone Interested In a Road Trip To West Virginia?

I am thinking of trying to plan a West Virginia Run during the second week in October 2012 (a year from now) and want to see if any NSX people are interested.

I just got back from a motorcycle trip down there last week (been there many times) and still think it must be one of the greatest places to drive! Lots of twisty mountain roads with few cars and even fewer cops.

The second week in October promises to have great leaf colors (peak) and the weather is not too cold.

It takes most of a day to drive down and the same to come back so to enjoy it people would have to take some time off from work. I think the best way to do it would be to start the run on a Thursday and I would stay thru at least Tuesday so people could come and go as their work permits - my working days are over so I can flex as necessary to accommodate others.

Thursday October 11th would be the start date. People going to NSXPO 2012 in Colorado could be pinched time wise.

Obviously, I could and would make it another time of the year if that worked better for everybody - hell, I could do two runs... lol

It happens to be gorgous this time of year. I went to college at WVU, great place from what I remember:biggrin: Wish I had the time, I'd love to go back.

He is talking about a year from now.....lol. Sure you could fit it in somehow on that much notice

Sounds interesting. My wife and I are retired, so our schedule is flexible. Looking at a map, it looks like Tail of the Dragon is about another 500 miles away. 350 + 500 = long trip.

If we go to NSXPO in CO, most likely we would fly, not drive.

Keep me updated on your plans.

Last edited:
You should consider possibly organizing something at Summit Point Motorsports Park in WV if you're going out that way. They have a few different road course tracks, Summit Point Main Circuit is the most popular.

Just adding my 2 cents.

Frank,

I'll keep you posted! So now we two NSX's interested.

I would not be interested in doing a track day because I don't take the NSX to the track anymore. I have a Miata trackcar for that - I don't worry about wear & tear on that... lol

I am in. I assume you did Rt33. Plenty more back roads I know too.

Done few motorcycle rides in WV. It is my only treat for the weekend I look for.

Did couple times in NSX but can't beat a motorcycle ride esp. super sport. No comparison.

Last edited:
Back