• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone know a tuner?

I just put my BBSC up for sale in the parts section again, this time with an AEM. I've decided if nobody buys it, I'm just going to install the thing and have done with it.

With that in mind, does anyone know a Seattle area tuner/shop who they would trust to work with both AEM and the NSX? I don't want to take the thing too far- either that means I pay the tuner to install the system, or I try to limp long distance on a substandard tune.

Thanks,

Nick

No one responded... pretty much sucks inthe NW for a tuner to be honest. I tried one down a bit south.. I'll refrain from the name but if they don't breathe the NSX, I wouldn't let them get within an inch.

Your best bet honestly is to drive/ship it down to Shad @Driving Ambition or Autowave and then drive back and have fun.

TRUST ME. Getting a tuner is like getting a brain surgeon - only one shot to screw it up, and many usually do...

I just put my BBSC up for sale in the parts section again, this time with an AEM. I've decided if nobody buys it, I'm just going to install the thing and have done with it.

With that in mind, does anyone know a Seattle area tuner/shop who they would trust to work with both AEM and the NSX? I don't want to take the thing too far- either that means I pay the tuner to install the system, or I try to limp long distance on a substandard tune.

Thanks,

Nick

I didn't answer because you asked for a Seattle tuner, two of the best engine guys in the US are Arnie Loyning and Jay Ivey are in Portland both with years of experience and both with the latest Superflow engine dyno's. Arnie has built championship engines of all types for SCCA, CART, USAC, Winston West,etc, for over 25 years, most famous for his Toyota Atlantic engines and Formula Ford engines and if he will not take it on he will steer you to someone who can. These guys are not inexpensive but are some of the best in the business and well respected by their peers in industry.

Try out ILL Tech Auto in Tacoma.
I've been to their shop several times and they are pretty good. They do mostly EVO's, Supra's and STI's... but do NSX's as well seeing as how they have one.

NSXPrime name is Illtechauto

They are the ones that have the completely carbon fiber widebody NSX that was for sale a while ago.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=996960

IV.

...... I'll most likely be taking my car down to Driving Ambition this mid/late January... and staying there for the time that it's being worked on.

If anyone's interested in 'carpooling' :biggrin:lmk.

Try out ILL Tech Auto in Tacoma.
I've been to their shop several times and they are pretty good. They do mostly EVO's, Supra's and STI's... but do NSX's as well seeing as how they have one.

NSXPrime name is Illtechauto

They are the ones that have the completely carbon fiber widebody NSX that was for sale a while ago.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?p=996960

IV.

Not saying if they are not good enough to "fix" a nsx, but the cf nsx, is originally Seth's car (One of the SOS show car.) It's on Super Street magazine and feature in their calender too. My buddy (freelance201)bought it from him, drove it for 6-7 months, knowing he's leaving the country and sold it to these guys.

Whatever they said on the ad, I've only seen that they put a dvd player on it. Everything else is the same the way my buddy sold him.

maybe you should call Charles @ Acura of Lynnwood up and see what he recommends.

.. I can't stress this enough, don't take your car to anyone that doesn't have a clear record of success working on NSX's, where they have tuned multiple times and are well aware of the kinks and limitations. NSX != Evo, Supra, STI or Doge Neon.

I would also recommend that ask the have shop insurance that covers damage to the vehicle. I didn't even know this existed! Most shops have basic bare bones insurance. To my pleasant surprise, Shad's DA shop has this, and it just shows the level of commitement, quality, pride and confidence that his engineering company has.

I'm not trying to knock anyone. I will tell you that I have had an experienced Supra tuner work on my car, and while I'm sure he was very good, he worked, afaik, limited work on the NSX. I wasn't happy with the result, and the thousands of dollars it cost me.

When I asked for some help, they told me to go up a creek without a paddle.
Remember, it's your 20k engine.

While it may not be the single most factor, my car never ran the same after that and why I will be going in for a rebuild. Other factors were that there were too many cooks in the kitchen.. more than one person molesting your car is too much imo.

No need to speculate who that was... the whinners are the loudest, and I'm one of them :) but just b/c you complain, doesn't make it untrue :) Dali anyone ;) ?

Pick your wives carefully, your house and your tuner more carefully :)

Last edited:
maybe you should call Charles @ Acura of Lynnwood up and see what he recommends.[/quote]

Give Carb Connection a call or check them out here. http://www.carbconn.com/ These guys have the most experience that I know of in our area and they are AEM and HONDATA approved. Let them know I sent you if you contact them.

+1 for Carb Conn in Kirkland...they just got the new AEM FIC units in and it looks like it will work well with the stock ECU.

JZ

Back