• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone know this car? JH4NA216XXT000211 1999 NSX-T silver

Hey Bob, just got around to finding/reading your thread. Nice meeting you at the new NSX event at Smail Acura a couple weeks ago. Great pics!

Welcome again!
Vivan

For a completely reversible bluetooth solution that doesn't cost nearly as much as the wilman retrofit, look into the GROM units. they replace the cd changer & fit behind the panels between seats & firewall.

[MENTION=28247]vivanshah[/MENTION] Thanks for the welcome and it was nice meeting the PGH group!

I am still planning to go back to Pittsburgh at least once during the summer for Cars and Coffee, time willing.

I wish I'd known about the GROM unit. I've already sent off a cheaply acquired, broken stock radio to Daryl. I keep hearing he does great work, so I'm sure it'll be worth the coin. In addition, I'm keeping my working stock unit.

Reviving my very first NSX Prime thread!

I am so thankful for the people in this thread who helped me procure my car.

Here’s a throwback to the day I took delivery of my 1999 NSX three years ago, on 11/7/2015, and another pic showing how Mr. Kaiser sits as of a few days ago. The best part of NSX ownership is meeting other owners and NSX fans. The NSX community is diverse and never ceases to amaze or surprise me. Big things coming in my 4th year of ownership!

Fun facts:

Current mileage: 79,818.6
Miles driven in three years: 20,694
Road trips of more than 100 miles: 7
Longest road trip: 5822 miles, to SF and back by way of LA and Las Vegas on the way back
NSXPOs: 3
Number of U.S. states my car has been in under my ownership: 21
Track days: 6 (5 at NSXPOs, 1 at Mid-Ohio)
Total track miles: approx 400
Average fuel economy over 20.6k miles: 21.4 mpg
Track fuel economy: 10 mpg
Number of gallons of gas consumed: 893
Cost of fuel: $2877.59
U.S. barrels of oil consumed: 21.2
Number of fillups: 71
Cost of routine maintenance: $600 or so ($5k of major maintenance was done as part of purchase price and doesn’t count)
Cost of mods: ROFLMAO and still counting
Rock chips and child induced scratches: don’t ask LOL
Total smiles per mile: Countless

362728eb0322cec9372a847af3437304.jpg

f762db0f94bfd75ad0a0ab632f25cd49.jpg

Last edited:
always a pleasure hanging out with you at xpo...many more happy miles.

Awesome to see an update to this thread like this. This is what they are for to be driven. Love it!

Updating my very first Prime thread again on my 6th NSXiversary.

I am so thankful for the people in this thread who helped me procure my car, all the people who’ve helped me mod and maintain my car, and the group for accepting this somewhat shy and quiet person IRL into the group, with open arms.

Updated fun facts:

Current mileage: 95,007.2
Miles driven in six years: 35,883

Road trips of more than 100 miles: 11 (3 this year alone)
Longest road trip: 5822 miles, to SF and back by way of LA and Las Vegas on the way back. Recent trip to Oregon as a bit over 5000 miles.
NSXPOs: 5 (would be 6 if not for the year of woe that shall not be mentioned)
Number of U.S. states my car has been in under my ownership: 24

Track days: 11 (9 at NSXPOs, 1 at Mid-Ohio)
Total track miles: approx 600

Average fuel economy over 35.9k miles: 20.5 mpg…fuel economy tanked after SOS twin turbo set installed, now I’m getting 17-18 mpg
Track fuel economy: 10 mpg
Number of gallons of gas consumed: 1632
Cost of fuel: $5686.69
U.S. barrels of oil consumed: 38.86
Number of fillups: 129

Cost of routine maintenance: still calculating but I’ve have done the last two oil changes myself. Repainted front bumper this year $500. New A/C compressor + install $1100, CCU reconditioning $300, fan relay replacement $50, all this year.

Cost of mods: ROFLMAO even harder than the last time I did this. TT parts and labor including clutch and ECU and tuning was around $17.5k and that includes the excellent deal I got on the used TT kit…could have been lots worse

Daily drivers owned/flipped/traded since NSX ownership: 4 LOL

Total smiles per mile: Still countless.

Best memory: NSXPO 2021 trip to Oregon with my 15-year-old son.

I don’t usually keep cars long, and I thought I would have moved on to a NC1 by now, but it looks like I’m not done enjoying this car.

38c607dc786f866ca4035ebc4b486715.jpg

dd3dff35d8c6a3eaf444823916409bc1.jpg

0fa8fe415145e531b94368fb8436aae0.jpg

43e9d7a9bdcffbdd3cb2024d188a0f59.jpg

Last edited:
You are the prototype of nsx ownership!.....I knew it the first time I saw the gopro on the stick..!!!!

Today is my 8th NSXiversary.
Mileage check: 107,560
Miles driven during ownership: 48,436
Daily driver cars owned/traded/flipped since I bought my NSX: 5
NSXPOs: 7
Roadtrips of over 100 miles: 18 (4 alone this year)
Cost of mods: still ROFLMAO 🤣
Memories: Countless and priceless.

Still episodically tempted to trade out for a NC1, but I’d have to be offered stupid money for my NA2 to do that at this point.

I love being a member of the NSX community!

Today is my 8th NSXiversary.
Mileage check: 107,560
Miles driven during ownership: 48,436
Daily driver cars owned/traded/flipped since I bought my NSX: 5
NSXPOs: 7
Roadtrips of over 100 miles: 18 (4 alone this year)
Cost of mods: still ROFLMAO 🤣
Memories: Countless and priceless.

Still episodically tempted to trade out for a NC1, but I’d have to be offered stupid money for my NA2 to do that at this point.

I love being a member of the NSX community!
Have you driven a NC1? I got the opportunity at one of those Exotic places in Las Vegas track on their private track. I have to say, I was a bit underwhelmed. It absolutely is a space-ship kind of car and definitely moves quick, but the soul... I don't think you'll find it has the same one as a classic NSX.

I had this similar journey when I went from an AP2 to the CTR. While the CTR is faster and absolutely more practical, it just felt.. muted. You don't get that same aural feel with high revs and engine noise while winding it out like the S2000. I thought maybe it was speed I needed more of, so I went to the Tesla Model 3 Performance. While the 0-60 in 2.9s trick is fun, it's overall a boring car to drive. Quiet, tame, and comfortable yet not exciting.

I got rear-ended in the Tesla due to someone rubber-necking an accident in traffic. Not much damage to my car, but it was during peak pandemic in 2021 and took forever for the body shop to get parts to fix the trunk/bumper. The insurance company was giving me grief about the rental (Outlander) so I started shopping for a second car. As luck would have it, a wonderfully kept stock S2000 was recently listed in my area. After seeing it, I jumped on it and all those smiles came back.

So now I have both the M3P and another AP2 again. I am never getting rid of the S, and would easily part with the Tesla any day. It's not a bad car, but anyone on this forum is a driver and if you want a driver's car.. you won't find it in most modern cars.

I am looking to get a NA1 soon to compliment the AP2. And I will probably end up selling the M3P to get a CRX Si project car to do a K20/K24 swap as my "everyday driver". There's just something about these old 90s Hondas that can't be reproduced in current times. I would recommend you drive a NC1 for yourself and see if it's really giving you the same feeling.

Back