• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone one know about these NA1 headlights..

I would like to know if anyone has any leads on these NA1 headlight alternatives i saw today.
113.jpg

Why do you refer to them as "NA1 headlights"?

NA1 is an engine code for the 3.0-liter NSX engine. That engine was included in all '91-96 NSXs and in '97-05 automatic NSXs. (The NA2 code is for the 3.2-liter NSX engine included in '97-05 manual NSXs.)

The NSX has had two different versions of headlights, which have no correspondence with the engine code. All '91-01 NSXs, both NA1 and NA2, had retractable, projector beam headlights with conventional bulbs. All '02-05 NSXs, both NA1 and NA2, had fixed, HID headlights.

Why do you refer to them as "NA1 headlights"?

NA1 is an engine code for the 3.0-liter NSX engine. That engine was included in all '91-96 NSXs and in '97-05 automatic NSXs. (The NA2 code is for the 3.2-liter NSX engine included in '97-05 manual NSXs.)

The NSX has had two different versions of headlights, which have no correspondence with the engine code. All '91-01 NSXs, both NA1 and NA2, had retractable, projector beam headlights with conventional bulbs. All '02-05 NSXs, both NA1 and NA2, had fixed, HID headlights.

slight technical mixup. i rushed when putting the thread together. i am well aware of these differences.:wink:

Just by looking at the actual lamp assm. looks like they're hella modules which are very good quality. But as for the rest, fitment looks questionable.:confused:

Just by looking at the actual lamp assm. looks like they're hella modules which are very good quality. But as for the rest, fitment looks questionable.:confused:

This is the third iteration of the backyard special headlight design, on these they use a motor, to raise the rear of the buckets at night and provide a better beam angle. This allows them to mount the housings themselves lower in the bucket, to create the illusion of the entire car being lower.

The quality of the light is probably acceptable, but the housing itself seems sub par... this could be the hood, but the backyard special hood is known as a well-fitting item, so it is probably either the headlights themselves, or perhaps a rush installation (fixed headlights take a long time, and a large degree of patience, to fully align on early nsx's).

Here is another picture of the headlights, from the BYS website:
P1000240-1.jpg
P1000124-1.jpg

During the day the headlights will be flush with the hood, but at night, when activated, the bucket raises to produce the proper beam angle.

When I visited BYS years ago they were still fine tuning the headlights. I'm not sure how much better it has come along since then but hopefully they've got it fitting/looking right now.

Looks promising but fitment doesnt look so great....also are they using HID projectors and is the beam pattern only for RHD?

Hahaha, Felix is here.

Hey mang!

-JZ

Back