• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone out there north of the border?

Hi,

New member and just wondering if there are any Canadians out there. It's lonely up here in Calgary!

Try posting your inquiry in the General or Off-Topic forums - they get more traffic. Because the forum name here is "Northwest US Region" the other Canadians probably aren't looking here. I believe there are several Canadian NSXPrime members.

I was "accused" of being Candian a few weeks ago - (I'm Scottish!) - a checkout clerk in Orchard Supply stated as if he were completely knowledgeable "so - what part of Canada are you from?"
Does that count?
laugh.gif

D'Ecosse said:
I was "accused" of being Candian a few weeks ago - (I'm Scottish!) - a checkout clerk in Orchard Supply stated as if he were completely knowledgeable "so - what part of Canada are you from?"

Actually, if you go to somewhere like Cape Breton and listen to the people there, I think you'll find that it's not just a coincidence that the province it's in is named Nova Scotia.

My step Mom is from PEI.

I've been to Calgary on business trips.

Does that mean I'm a step Canadian? Ay!:rolleyes:

I've bounced Loonies off naked women body parts:eek:

Does that count for something?:D

Ian: I rented "The Unsaid" on DVD tonight. It stars Andy Garcia. It turns out this was shot in Regina, or at least significant parts of it. I didn't learn this until the closing credits. In an early scene it showed a train traveling through a prairie and I thought to myself it looked like Saskatchewan.
Anyway it's a good movie. Check it out if you haven't already.

I'm off topic here but if it's any consolation I'm north of the border too s-zero.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply everyone. I guess i'm not all alone up here in Calgary Alberta after all. Some distant neighbors among you out there so thats cool. I guess i'll be seeing you guys out on the board. Thanks guys.

There are lots of us. In fact, I will be in Calgary at Race City attending a track event on August 18th & 19th. There are two NSXs in my driving club Performance Drivers Club and if you really want to have a couple of great days in your NSX, sign up and meet us at the track. It is professionally run and a great time can be had.

NSX Maven, I just stumbled across your email and I visited the PDC website and practicallly read everything. I am pumped and looking forward to the event. I just realized that it is during the week which means I will have to take two days off work. Oh well, I will have to make sure the wife is earning money that day to support the speed adiction.

Thanks for putting me onto the sight.

s-zero said:
Hi,

New member and just wondering if there are any Canadians out there. It's lonely up here in Calgary!

Hi I am from Victoria. Nice to meet you. There is Cokerat here as well. He is from Calgary. Pm him.. stay in touch.

LGNSX

Dash Rip Rock said:
NSX Maven, I just stumbled across your email and I visited the PDC website and practicallly read everything. I am pumped and looking forward to the event. Thanks for putting me onto the sight.

I look forward to meeting you there. Last year, we had two NSXs. If you come we will increase that by 50% - what a growth rate!

Be sure to join the club - it costs something like all of $20 (Canadian) and best of all I am told that my NSX is featured on the cover of the next quarterly issue of our magazine The Challenge . :)

Back