• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone tried this JDM LED taillight?

Anyone tried this JDM LED taillight?

http://page21.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/j123730972#enlargeimg

600x399-2011051700001-2.jpg

I have them at my house, Never used them but am Selling them if youre interested.

I tested each bulb connection to verify they all work. I also added a OEM acura emblem to the center section.

how much are they?

with shipping and other misc (auction fee) and such around 13-1400 usd.

I am not using mine, I cant bring myself to put them on/mod my car so instead of just leaving them in the box forever if anyone is interested in mine PM me a fair offer.

I think they are cool, BUT what do they look like on an NSX.

any pics with the lights on? and any pics while braking?

I might be interested

I think those lights look awesome. More "oem" or "integrated" than the aftermarket led kits out there that are retrofitted into the oem tail lights. Any pics of the lights on the nsx? Would be nice to see if they blend in and not ricey.

Plus shipping, auction fees and such.

but remember this is for a SECOND set of full tails, not opening originals and modding them.

How much would you want to take it off your hands? Pm me since I can't use the pm function on my iPhone.

Are these distributed in the US? They look pretty cool. Would like to see them in person. The center section is also interesting.

Here's a pic from the auction showing the lights mounted:

NSXBACK.jpg

Last edited:
any other pics

Plus shipping, auction fees and such.

but remember this is for a SECOND set of full tails, not opening originals and modding them.

no comment on what i think about the tails but i do believe what arista5 says about shipping fees (seller to auction site)/(auction site to you), and auction fees.

most auction sites charge about 10% from the value of the ending auction amount. anything over the value of $800 USD, you have to pay EMS shipping charges which easily run up to $200 instantly. you also have to pay right away for large bulky items. Now, include the weak USD/Yen conversion and then include the fact some sites don't even us the actual exchange rate but a derivative of their own. $1400+ easy for an item about 90000 Yen.

my friend told me he won a $5 USD item and including all fees + shipping it came out to be almost $40+ USD. Talk about price gouging.

I actually tried bidding on them when they were on sale.:cool:
I think the clear lens looks or 'OEM' for a led tailight. The diffuser is great for incandescent bulbs, but unnecessary for LED bulbs. I should of not have reinstalled my diffuser when I LED'd my lights.

I actually tried bidding on them when they were on sale.:cool:
I think the clear lens looks or 'OEM' for a led tailight. The diffuser is great for incandescent bulbs, but unnecessary for LED bulbs. I should of not have reinstalled my diffuser when I LED'd my lights.

You mean the led on the rear wing, not diffuser?

You mean the led on the rear wing, not diffuser?

No, I mean the light diffuser inside the light assy. You are thinking of the one below the bumper.:wink:

No offense, but I'm not feelin them.

Agreed.

The "kind of" look nice not lit, with the brakes applied, I don't care for them. Some aspects I like (the more clear lens, the reverse lamp, etc), other parts - I don't.

If they were only $200 - I'd buy them just so I can play around with them and modify into something else. Maybe even use those lens covers with the LED conversion behind it, and reseal??

yeah they look nice not lit up , but these are on ebay now incase whoever wanna buy them dont wanna deal with a middle man.

Last edited:
Agreed.

The "kind of" look nice not lit, with the brakes applied, I don't care for them. Some aspects I like (the more clear lens, the reverse lamp, etc), other parts - I don't.

If they were only $200 - I'd buy them just so I can play around with them and modify into something else. Maybe even use those lens covers with the LED conversion behind it, and reseal??

+2 I dont think they look that cool. Looks like something I can pick up at pep boys.

Back