• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

anyone try a JDM ECU?

You may have problem using JDM ECU due to the Gasoline Octane difference. In Japan, they use RON standard, which on premium fuel for NSX, is about 97 Octane (plus or minus a few). Unless you have a place locally to get high octane fuel, you probably shouldn't try it.

Last edited:
I do, what do you need to know?

Cheers,

AR

the octane difference is, of no concern. i've known TONS, including myself, that have ran jdm ecu's with 91 octane, and had no detonating problems.

i'd like to know if the ecu will operate the engine and whatnot correctly. i dont want to find out there's differences with certain sensors or whatnot that will result in things not working...

AR99NSX, gimme that ecu in your avatar! man, i want a mugen ecu for this project, like my last. sorry, you can't help, cause you're running a jdm ecu on a jdm spec car.

charles said:
sorry, you can't help, cause you're running a jdm ecu on a jdm spec car.

I am sorry I can't help, but I'll be inclined to think that the ECU will learn to cope with your fuel.

I use 99 RON wich I think is equivalent to 95 US.

Cheers,

AR

I'm actually looking for the Type R ECU to work with the Type R Face gauge shit lights; the problem is, I will loose my TCS feature and Octane issue concerns me. If I find one, I will try...

Vancehu said:
I'm actually looking for the Type R ECU to work with the Type R Face gauge shit lights; the problem is, I will loose my TCS feature and Octane issue concerns me. If I find one, I will try...

i'd be willing to take a chance on the octane thing. hundreds have ran jdm ecu's with 91 octane with no problem. nissans, toyotas, and yes hondas. i did it on my last honda. even bumped up the compression over 12:1 and still ran 91 octane. not optimal, but it didn't destory my motor either. the crappy Ti retainers was my downfall :mad:

something i forgot about... obd1 vs. obd2. how do i tell the difference on the ecu?

Back