• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone use a Comptech PGI or PGII clutch?

Well it is too late a PG1 was shipped to me. So I will see how stiff it is or isn't. FYI as described by Nate the difference is the PGII is like an on/off switch whereas the PG one has a very smooth and long engagement. Pedal pressure on both is the same.

My clutch is still holding up and the wear has slowed since I learned how to freaking heel and toe properly. So probably won't put it in until the winter for next year. My car shall be a BEAST next year. I will seriously be out of things to mod and will have to start putiing it back to stock to rebuild it again. Caroline style.

That's after a DDozier twin system.

Well it is too late a PG1 was shipped to me. So I will see how stiff it is or isn't. FYI as described by Nate the difference is the PGII is like an on/off switch whereas the PG one has a very smooth and long engagement. Pedal pressure on both is the same.

Having driven both I would say that isn't accurate. Ymmv

You ordered the right clutch Dave (PG1), with your current build the PG2 is overkill. I've been running around for over a year with a PG1 on my 400+whp 3.0L/CTSC. Yes, its a heavier pedal than stock but not too heavy. The oem clutch is too soft, the PG2 is too harsh and the PG1 is just right.

You ordered the right clutch Dave (PG1), with your current build the PG2 is overkill. I've been running around for over a year with a PG1 on my 400+whp 3.0L/CTSC. Yes, its a heavier pedal than stock but not too heavy. The oem clutch is too soft, the PG2 is too harsh and the PG1 is just right.
threebears.jpg

I think proper installation also has a lot to do with feel, doesn't it? I have seen some poorly installed clutches feel nothing like they are supposed to.

Back