• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone use the Auto Train to move an NSX?

I have a car to move from Florida to Virginia.
Can anyone provide information on the Auto Train?
Thanks.

I've done it with my NSX which is lowered about 1.25". They don't let you drive it on, but they are very careful when loading and unloading. The first time going on there were three guys watching the car from all angles and when the WW spoiler touched they waved the driver back. When he attempted a second time, the tow hook cover popped off and one of the guys ran to get it and put it back. They are very careful and it was a pleasurable experience.

I also second getting a sleeper cabin and the roasted 1/2 chicken dinner was quite tasty. :biggrin:

Thanks for the insights. I have committed to the Auto Train. It seems like a great deal: cost, covered transport, no extended wear on a car new to me, etc.
Sorry to be pulling an NSX from your state and I promise to keep her happy.
:smile:

I went to DC with my kids on the auto train. Second the second to grab a sleeper cabin. You just can't sleep on the seats. I had to give it a go because the family cabins were full and I had two younguns with me. It's only slightly better than trying to sleep in a plane, or your NSX!

Charlotte has been on the Auto-Train more times than a Bangkok hooker sees sailors during Fleet Week. Never had any issues, they are great with exotics. Absolutely get a sleeper cabin. You should have a very pleasurable experience provided that no trains on the line have t-boned a pickup truck ahead of you. In that case expect hours of delay!

Back