• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Anyone who has an automatic..........

At 60mph what is your RPM's ????

Wow no help ?????

I don't have an automatic, but the FAQ section of NSX Prime has the gear ratios of the manual transmission and automatic NSXs.

At 60 mph in top gear the engine will be spinning about:
- 5 speed manual: 2541 rpm
- 4 speed automatic: 2457 rpm
- 6 speed manual: 2363 rpm

i'm taking mine out in about an hour but won't be home until after 10 pm.
i'll post my readings for you then.

rog

just returned. my tach at 60 mph reads 2500 rpms. might be just a little above but not to 2600.
hope this helps. this is for a '94 completely stock.

just returned. my tach at 60 mph reads 2500 rpms. might be just a little above but not to 2600.
hope this helps. this is for a '94 completely stock.

Thats odd, I am going out again when the snow clears and roads are dry to check it again but I am pushing 3000 from what I remember.

Which leads me to believe the differential gears maybe have been done as well.

I forgot to post my results. 2500 RPM at 60 MPH, 95 Auto with stock wheels.

Taking mine out today to see what I get. FINALLY nice out.

I really believe I am closer to 3000+ and unsure why unless the rear diff gears were switched out.

theoretically, the wheel size will actually change the actual speed you are moving at, however, the speedometer will read a bit off. The speedometer measures rotation at the hub (I think) so the speedometer and tach should read the same regardless of your wheel size. Therefore, the tach should read at the same rpm at 60mph (according to the speedometer) when you may actually be doing a little faster than 60mph due to larger wheels.

My RPM's were right around 2500 at 60. It was really hard to keep the car at 60 though...the right foot just kept wanting to press down. :redface::biggrin:

Technical - 1992 with just I/H/E and 17's all the way around.

My RPM's were right around 2500 at 60. It was really hard to keep the car at 60 though...the right foot just kept wanting to press down. :redface::biggrin:

Well................I checked and ended up at 2500/2600. I guess with the exhaust and all it seems louder then what I thought. Not a bad thing just different then my last NSX.

Way too late, but what the heck ....
Right at 2500 rpms @ 60 mph.

Mine is a '91 with the 7-spoke wheels off of a '98.

Way too late, but what the heck ....
Right at 2500 rpms @ 60 mph.

Mine is a '91 with the 7-spoke wheels off of a '98.

Thanks for the input, just a brain fart on my part. Seemed like it was revving higher and I never checked the RPM's when I posted this thread, then it snowed and I couldn't get it out.

Back