• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AP-X custom subwoofer enclosures

Re: new sub boxes

The 10" Pioneer has gone to RichM -

Still have a 12" earthquake here.

The 10" Pioneer has gone to RichM -

Still have a 12" earthquake here.

I don't think these guys can handle the 12" sub like us. :wink:

Here are a couple pics of the 12" earthquake and the 10" pioneer IB-Flat

Attachments

• IMG_2032.JPG
    IMG_2032.JPG
    76.2 KB · Views: 483
  • IMG_2036.JPG
    IMG_2036.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 478

can't wait to install!

I have a countersunk 12" earthquake ready to go!

I am testing my super slim enclosure now, it will give 2-3" of legroom OVER stock!

I have a countersunk 12" earthquake ready to go!

Is this still available and how much $$ is it angus? Also, do you have anything with a 10" ready or ready soon? And finally what is the production time estimate for the new super slim?

Thanks,
Hugh

Last edited:

Here are a couple pics of the 12" earthquake and the 10" pioneer IB-Flat

I want a 12 but will have to sell my existing sub box first...man the amount of stereo equipment I have purchased in the last month is ridiculous...I think I may have a problem:redface:

Is this still available and how much $$ is it angus? Also, do you have anything with a 10" ready or ready soon? And finally what is the production time estimate for the new super slim?

Thanks,
Hugh

I do have the 12" still available. Since my sub boxes are usually made to order, I try not to build them until someone orders one. It takes a week or two - I can make you a super slim box if you want to test one out, it is really amazing for how small it is!

Last edited:

I do have the 12" still available. Since my sub boxes are usually made to order, I try not to buils them until someone orders one. It takes a week or two - I can make you a super slim box if you want to test one out, it is really amazing for how small it is!

How much is the 12" you have in stock and how much would the super slim "beta" cost?

Thanks,
Hugh

How much is the 12" you have in stock and how much would the super slim "beta" cost?

Thanks,
Hugh

PM'd you!

I'd be very interested in a super slim box. Do you have any pics? I have a brand new in box Pioneer Premiere 10" flat sub. Would it work in this enclosure? What's the price?

I'd be very interested in a super slim box. Do you have any pics? I have a brand new in box Pioneer Premiere 10" flat sub. Would it work in this enclosure? What's the price?

Is your pioneer a new style one? The IB-Flat? If so , it will work.

Please PM me about the slim box and I will fill you in.

I will soon have a 10" regular box and a 10" super slim box ready to go! I'll post pics when they are ready.

I have a 10" box ready to go, with or without Pioneer IB-Flat woofer!

The 10" box has gone to cosmod250!

I do have a super slim 10" in the mold now if anyone is interestd, it is capable of almost as much bass as the regular 10" but adds legroom over stock!

I received my system from Wil overnight, box, 10" Pioneer and an old school used amp, the same great service I got when I purchased my wheels and AP1 exhaust.

Thanks Wil for the advice and tips on the process it went very smoothly.

The only glitch I had was that having a '95 I had to relocate the EPS computer to the underside of the glovebox. I did this before putting the sub into place and then found that I had placed it too far towards the front of the car and the sub would not go into place. I removed the EPS computer, installed the sub and then relocated the computer which worked much better. That would be my suggestion to anyone else doing this install on a car with EPS.

I am 5'9" so the amp went behind the drivers seat with no problems and in fact tucks away very nicely there.

The sound improvement is just what I wanted. I have the stock head and Bose door speakers and was experiencing a light squeel at low volume which Wil said was probably the sub amp and he was right. No more squeel and a hundredfold improvement in sound quality. I have no intentions of any more upgrades to the audio system (other than ipod adapter and Sirius radio) and while I know that audiophiles may not agree, I am thrilled with my system.

I highly recomend this sub box to all NSX owners, thanks again Wil!

Peter

I received my system from Wil overnight, box, 10" Pioneer and an old school used amp, the same great service I got when I purchased my wheels and AP1 exhaust.

Thanks Wil for the advice and tips on the process it went very smoothly.

The only glitch I had was that having a '95 I had to relocate the EPS computer to the underside of the glovebox. I did this before putting the sub into place and then found that I had placed it too far towards the front of the car and the sub would not go into place. I removed the EPS computer, installed the sub and then relocated the computer which worked much better. That would be my suggestion to anyone else doing this install on a car with EPS.

I am 5'9" so the amp went behind the drivers seat with no problems and in fact tucks away very nicely there.

The sound improvement is just what I wanted. I have the stock head and Bose door speakers and was experiencing a light squeel at low volume which Wil said was probably the sub amp and he was right. No more squeel and a hundredfold improvement in sound quality. I have no intentions of any more upgrades to the audio system (other than ipod adapter and Sirius radio) and while I know that audiophiles may not agree, I am thrilled with my system.

I highly recomend this sub box to all NSX owners, thanks again Wil!

Peter

Let's see pics of your install! And that beautiful Soundstream reference amp!

Back