• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AP-X NSX turbo system (angus turbo kit)

How can I tell what duty cycle or percentage my injectors are seeing at max boost/rpm? Is there somewhere in the AEM F/IC software that it charts or logs that number?

I think from what we have seen , the 440's are maxed out around 400-415whp, so Gary is right, unless you have meth or bigger injectors, you will not be able to go more than 2-3 psi more.

I am working on offering bigger injectors, I want to see what the FIC will support.

Wil,

Can you clarify Batmans question.

I run your kit with about 7.4 lbs boost. AFR's in the 10.5 to 11.8 range with petal to the metal.

If I ran 110 octane race fuel at the drag strip ($12.00/gallon), could I safely and temporarily turn my boost up to 9-10 lbs without changing anything else?

I'd like to see what 475hp or so feels like. :)
Ah Brian, the more boost bug has bitten you. Be careful because the bite from that bug can be very dangerous to your pocket book. LOL

Bob, don't get me wrong! I'm perfectly happy with 400hp. I just wanted to inquire IF I could temporarily make more hp, really to see how it would affect 1/4 mile times/speed. I also know that for every 25hp you go over 400, the chance of something giving out probably doubles.

I just wanted to inquire IF I could temporarily make more hp, really to see how it would affect 1/4 mile times/speed.

Oh, you can PERMANENTLY make more hp. The answer to your horsepower/quarter mile time question is "inversely proportional'. Get that car up here so we can build the engine. :tongue:

I see a lot of discussion in this thread about what people consider a safe air fuel ratio, and some plug fouling rich numbers getting thrown around... The AFR isn't the critical factor in the safety of your engine, the IGNITION TIMING is. We can make a low boost forced induction engine like this run perfectly happily from < 11 to one to > 13 to 1 (we don't run them that lean, but I'm exaggerating to make a point). If your tuner knows what he is doing, your engine will live a long and happy life at 12 to 1 and even a little leaner. Some people over richen to extremes as a "safety margin" (NGK appreciates your business), and I suppose that's fine, but know that your timing is the critical factor and can affect peak cylinder pressure much more dramatically than a lean mixture.

hi all. newest ap-x turbo kit buyer. just wanted to thank wil for a great kit. cant afford to put the kit on yet. needing gauges, pod of some sort, stereo install, turbo timer, and tune.

the best seller ive experienced. every text and email answered quickly

hi all. newest ap-x turbo kit buyer. just wanted to thank wil for a great kit. cant afford to put the kit on yet. needing gauges, pod of some sort, stereo install, turbo timer, and tune.

the best seller ive experienced. every text and email answered quickly

Thanks Tom! Hope you get it installed soon. Let me know if need anything else.

Wil

ill be installing the kit and stereo install all at once sometime in the fall. just had some money and price was right. can put the kit on right now but living on a farm with dirt all around means lots of dust going up fender. so im going to sell my 240 sr20det and get a g35 for now. really need you to be near me lol. but youre far away. could you text me when the bov ships thanks wil

ill be installing the kit and stereo install all at once sometime in the fall. just had some money and price was right. can put the kit on right now but living on a farm with dirt all around means lots of dust going up fender. so im going to sell my 240 sr20det and get a g35 for now. really need you to be near me lol. but youre far away. could you text me when the bov ships thanks wil

You know that my kit places the air filter at the same height as the OEM air intake right? It is just on the opposite side of the car.

As far as the install, it is very easy, just ask kookoo4nsx.

yes i know the air filter is up in the fender. we are in process of selling the farm. dont want the dust and red dirt to go all over my new kit lol. kookoo makes putting the kit easy. yes i will be putting it on myself.

I wanted to let eveyone know that I am currently negotiating to have the kit include a couple different precision turbos as an option - this will open up a new door for those who want a different boost curve.

I currently have a discounted kit which will be available soon, if interested, please PM me.

Thanks.

I currently have a discounted kit which will be available soon, if interested, please PM me.

Thanks.

Don't tempt me.

Every time I take the car out I get goose bumps on my arms. 8 months and no turbo related issues at all. The power comes on soooo smooth and then violent at the top. Lots of fun and gets the wife a little extra horny on date night!

I think from what we have seen , the 440's are maxed out around 400-415whp, so Gary is right, unless you have meth or bigger injectors, you will not be able to go more than 2-3 psi more.

I am working on offering bigger injectors, I want to see what the FIC will support.

If you need any help with this, I work for Bosch currently. I get cost on Injectors, o2 sensors, and anything else made in my building. I have to have specific part numbers, but Im willing to dig through and find better ones.

I bet quite a few of us would upgrade to the 550's.

If you need any help with this, I work for Bosch currently. I get cost on Injectors, o2 sensors, and anything else made in my building. I have to have specific part numbers, but Im willing to dig through and find better ones.

I am currently looking to offer 550's with the kit.

i wouldve had a APX Turbo Kit if my 3.0L Motor Rod Bearing didnt messed up my Engine =(

i End up buying a used 3.2L From Driving Ambition.

Saving up again for this Kit, hopefully next spring

Will when can I expect my turbo and injectors back?I purchased my kit 5 months ago and really would like to be able to drive my car soon.Im starting to get frustraded with the whole thing.Now I know your switching venders and the wrong parts were sent at first.I dont blame you personally but would like to get this done soon so I can start driving my car again.I miss her!

Will when can I expect my turbo and injectors back?I purchased my kit 5 months ago and really would like to be able to drive my car soon.Im starting to get frustraded with the whole thing.Now I know your switching venders and the wrong parts were sent at first.I dont blame you personally but would like to get this done soon so I can start driving my car again.I miss her!

Your turbo and injectors were sent out last week, you will have them any day now - BTW I was told the turbo had no seal issues so your incorrect wiring of the pump must be the source of the oil issues, please make sure this is correcte before installing the new one.

You still got another brand new turbo, not a rebuild.

I'll check the wiring but my pump was running. I know metalspikes wasn't running.So not sure what happend.

Make sure it is wired with the correct polarity (i.e. it is pumping in the right direction)

Your stuff was sent by 2 day on wed. But you were not there to accept the package, please call fedex.

I will be supplying the kit with a Precision turbocharger very soon, PM me for details!

What kind of change to the boost curve might we expect? Obviously response similar to what you would find from a modern turbocharged car such as a GTR/997/MP4/M600, starting really low and not running out at the top would be ideal. Would full boost as low as 2500-3000 be possible, or am I dreaming?

Back