• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AP-X NSX turbo system (angus turbo kit)

Yes, there is one person running it there I will try to find him for you.

Just got my AP-X kit with upgrades and installed/tuned this past week. The kit is of the highest quality. There are no complaints to be said about it. Everything fit perfectly together. Install went very smooth with minimal issues (only ran into 2, but they were easily resolved). Wil is the man and provides excellent customer service with timely responses to emails and phone calls. Don't delay, get yours today! My setup can be seen here:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151472

Met up with DWN here in Colorado to look at the system on his NSX. Looks amazing and performs even better. Scary fast. Gonna get me one very soon.
Wil,
DWN should be calling you soon to talk about some options.

Is this compatible with a 96 Automatic? I seem to see mixed answers about the AEM F/IC w/ auto cars... I'm about ready to drop the coinage for it but not if it leaves me with a garage queen... lol

Is this compatible with a 96 Automatic? I seem to see mixed answers about the AEM F/IC w/ auto cars... I'm about ready to drop the coinage for it but not if it leaves me with a garage queen... lol
The AEM F/IC issues is not because of the AT vs. MT. It's because of OBD1 vs. OBD2. With that said it can be tuned for both.. OBD1 just takes a lot more tuning time.

Not sure more people arent purchasing Wil's kit. Why would you want to send your car to another state to get a kit installed, when Wil will sell you a kit and you can have this installed locally. Wil is a great communicater and will send you your parts when promised, not give you tons of stories or excuses. Alos, for the guys that want the high horsepower, this kit will handle that as well. Frank

Just wonder why running a braided line allows you to run the oil return over the charge pipe instead of under like with the rubber pipe?

Baffled, thought a pipe was a pipe.

Yes, and while a 90 deg. fitting is a no-no in a turbo drain, since we are using a scavenge pump, it is OK to use a long radius 90.

Hi all. Just got my spa yellow 97 nsx-t (now turbo ) from t1 racing in Dallas. Dropped it off on August 1 2012 and gotten it back January 3 2013. A long and painful (money) road. I installed Wil's kit on June 2012. Went on nicely. Had to call him a few times where to drill holes and wire pump. But everything went smoothly. Even helped someone in Colorado with his kit through text. Drove my baby for 100 miles like wil instructed me to so no leaks. Put her on the trailer on July 31 and drove to Dallas from nacogdoches tx. About 3.5 hours away.
Dropped her off at t1 was a sad day. What I wanted was 400-425whp for now. So they suggested a walbro 225 fuel pump and 725cc injectors. I already sold my aem fic and got aem ems series 2. Sold my 400cc injectors. I already installed the aem air fuel gauge and aem tru boost. Also need an acura interga idle control motor.
Everything installed a few weeks later called back and said my baby was smoking the shop. So what they think was the scavenger pump was pumping too fast and having air bubbles and turbo dont like that. They suggested a sump tank like porsches have. So my mistake was not contacting wil about the situation. 50 kits sold and i need a tank. So i said ok. They get the tank in and now i have another problem. The pump is not working and oil is flowing out of the new sump tank. They had to modify the scavenger pump and when they sent it back to wil, it was not in warranty. so great. got another pump sent to them. They put it in and all is good. My baby made 362whp @ 6lbs.
I then asked what can i do to make 400-425whp. T1 says nothing they can do. Thats all the turbo is going to do. I then say can i take the 3lb spring out and put a bigger one. T1 says you dont want to push it. I said why is there people out there with 400whp on the same kit. I was like ok been too long and running out of money. So i took her home. Feels like a beast. Drove couple friends and cops were following me so ill keep her on the down low. (yeah right with a spa yellow)
One day she'll have her 425whp. To all guys with 400whp. what did you do. thanks
And to wil Thank you fro a great kit. I love it.

Did you install a manual boost controller?

362whp at 6 psi 3.2 motor on Dyno jet is pretty low number if U ask me. Did u unhook vvis waccuum hose? Look like tony just don't wanna deal with ur car anymore, he can turn up a boost to 8psi but he chose not to.

What was Wil's solution to the smoking issue? Seems like there have been a few issues with the oil pump. Curious, because I am going to install the kit soon and I am wondering if I should buy a SOS oil sump tank. Also, whats the consensus on using a oil catch can? Just want to make sure I get it right the first time. THX

Last edited:
I wanted to get it right the first time also. Wils kit does not need the sump tank to work. Maybe the scavenger pump was not working right when I first delivered the car. I don't know.
With using the SOS tank. You have to relocate the scavenger pump. It sits right there. I am not using a catch can.

Let me check of they did unhook it. Hose #3 correct. I did tell them to do that when I first got the car off the trailer.

If they didn't unhook it, u can't just unhook it now. U have to go back for retune or ur car might run lean

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing wrong with the pump that comes with the kit, just make sure wire it right, test it make sure its running and run the oil return line under the charge pipe (it'll smoke if u tune it over charge pipe) unless u use 90 degree fitting

Last edited:
Oh so I don't want to retune it.
And for the pump. I wired it right. Took off the line for pump and asked my wife to start the car. It was flowing good. So turned it off right away. Put more oil back in and was on the trailer. Mines was over like cosmos.

Back