• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Auto Cross tires

I'm wondering if it would be faster if I put my old 95 15/16 on my 05 for auto cross purposes. I thought the lower rim size would increase gear ratios thus increasing low end torgue. I have a set of 15 16 thought I would put some falken azensis on.

I thought the factory 15/16's didnt fit the larger braked NA2 cars.

That was one of my concerns. I haven't checked but that may be correct. If so I have some 91 model oem wheels for sale or trade.

I thought the factory 15/16's didnt fit the larger braked NA2 cars.
< sigh >

It is inaccurate to refer to "larger braked NA2 cars". NA2 is an engine code, and refers to the 3.2-liter engine that powers '97-05 NSXs with manual transmissions. NA1 is the engine code for the 3.0-liter engine that powers all '91-96 NSXs, and '97-05 NSXs with automatic transmissions.

There are two versions of the NSX brakes. The '91-96 NSX (all of which have NA1 engines) had smaller front rotors. The '97-05 NSX, including both NA1 and NA2 versions, have larger front rotors, also different piston sizes inside the calipers.

You cannot fit the stock 15" front wheels from a '91-93 NSX over the front calipers of any '97-05 NSX (regardless of whether it has an NA1 or an NA2 engine).

< sigh >

It is inaccurate to refer to "larger braked NA2 cars". NA2 is an engine code, and refers to the 3.2-liter engine that powers '97-05 NSXs with manual transmissions. NA1 is the engine code for the 3.0-liter engine that powers all '91-96 NSXs, and '97-05 NSXs with automatic transmissions.

There are two versions of the NSX brakes. The '91-96 NSX (all of which have NA1 engines) had smaller front rotors. The '97-05 NSX, including both NA1 and NA2 versions, have larger front rotors, also different piston sizes inside the calipers.

You cannot fit the stock 15" front wheels from a '91-93 NSX over the front calipers of any '97-05 NSX (regardless of whether it has an NA1 or an NA2 engine).

You should probably correct science of speed , and the rest of the internet then...

I thought the engine codes were C30A and C32B

Also, unless you run a narrow 205/215 tire in the back, most of the wider street/autocross (245+) tires are going to be very close to the stock NSX tire diameter..

Last edited:
Back