• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AZ NSXs: 10/4 drive to the lake!

Original thread here (note: consists of multiple pages).

What: NSX drive to Lake Roosevelt
When: Saturday, October 4th
Where: Meet at Mercado Del Rancho Center
Time: 9:00 AM
Other: Please contact Lon if you need a radio
Road conditions: Please check for local road construction
What to bring: sunblock, water, camera equipment, swimsuit, towel
Caravans: Stay tuned, information to be posted below.

Drive Attendees

TucAZNSX - 2 people
nik3sgte - 2 people
scNSXgirl - 1 person
peiserg - 1 person
PHOEN$X - 1 person
WhooHoo - 1 person
Lon Varscsak - 1 person
v8Killer - 1 person
FlyNLow - 1 person
NSXlent in az - 1 person
Paul Dalton - 2 people
Brian Kim - 1 person
David Spresser - 1 person
MYNSX - 2 people
Syonara - Probably
SCS2K - Maybe

People Who Need Radios

TucAZNSX
nik3sgte
peiserg
WhooHoo
Lon Varscsak
Phoen$x
FlyNLow
Brian Kim
NSXlent in az
David Spresser
MYNSX

Unsure on Radios

scNSXgirl
v8Killer

People Who Do Not Need to Rent Radios

Paul Dalton
Syonara

Last edited:
West side caravan

Westsiders, since the 101 will be closed this Saturday, we'll have to cruise the surface streets. Let's meet in front of the Outback Steakhouse on Bell Rd at 8:30AM.

NSXlent in AZ: you are welcome to stop by my house so we can drive there together.

My cell is 480-203-8490 in case anyone gets lost.

OK, see you are outback steakhouse on saturday...would it be too muych trouble to make a right at tatum, and then head east on shea? My friend lives along the way if we go that way..no detour @ all

peiserg said:
would it be too muych trouble to make a right at tatum, and then head east on shea? My friend lives along the way if we go that way..no detour @ all
No problemo! You just volunteered to lead the caravan. :D
mbartlett4 said:
I wish I were going with you all.
Next time. Good luck with your car!

Woohoo! Okay, not Whoohoo the person, but Whoohoo the exclamation! He and I were working (okay, he was working) on my car so that I could get my broken wheel shipped off to Forgeline to get fixed, and I was thinking, "How expensive could a decent, yet not so decent set of tires be for the stock wheels that I have sitting around?".

Well apparently there's a sale on Kumho's at Tire Rack because I got a full set of 712's shipped for under $300! Anyway, they may be crappy tires (it's a backup set of wheels anyway), who knows, but that means I get to drive my own car!

I was happy to be a passenger, but now I'm excited to drive!

Lon

P.S. -- All the links are so I can be like PHOEN$X ;)

Last edited:
phoenix,

If my brother (who is 13y/o and thinks NSX's are the next best thing to scoring on a hot chick in his class) wants to come and I don't have room, would you have room? I'd take him but i've already promised a ride my friend @ 56th/shea..

if no go i understand, no biggie.. he doesn't even know about the ride so wouldn't be bummed out if i never mention it.

peiserg said:
If my brother (who is 13y/o and thinks NSX's are the next best thing to scoring on a hot chick in his class) wants to come and I don't have room, would you have room? I'd take him but i've already promised a ride my friend @ 56th/shea..
Gerry, I don't have a problem driving him there. The only issue is I won't be going home immediately afterwards. If someone can give him a ride back, I'd be happy to taking him to the lake.
LonVarscsak said:
Well apparently there's a sale on Kumho's at Tire Rack because I got a full set of 712's shipped for under $300!
This is good news! I've heard good things about Kumho tires, plus my rear tires (I think) are Kumhos.
LonVarscsak said:
P.S. -- All the links are so I can be like PHOEN$X ;)
Muahahahaha!
evilcool.gif

P.S., By my count we could have up to 16 cars this time! Wow...

PHOEN$X said:
No, Chompies is on the northeast side of town, pretty far east actually from where I am. Depending on freeway closures, you should be able to get there pretty quickly. I suggest you guys meet up with other east siders (MYNSX, scNSXgirl, syonara, scs2k, FlyiNLow, WhooHoo/Lon, etc.) and caravan to the meeting location.
I am coming from Alma School & Queen Creek if anyone else wants to meet up?

I'm coming from Ahwatukee but I have one stop to make before I head north to the meeting place, so I won't be able to caravan. Maybe I will see some of you on the road.

Also, my Avatar photo has my stock wheels on the car but I currently have my Black BBS wheels on. So if you see a Black X with Black BBS's on it, that me. See you soon.

Phoenix, no problemo with the return trip. He's pretty fricking excited since i mentioned the drive.. all he can talk about..
fortunately, he and my amigo are about 2 miles apart, (he's at 49th st and shea vs. 56th and shea for my friend.)

Okay, its radio time!

I'm finalizing the radio numbers. Please look at my post about who needs a radio and who doesn't and make sure that you're on there if you want one.

It currently looks like we need 11 radios.

Lon

Kart Racing

Is anyone interested in going to display the cars and race on a new indoor Kart track?

Sorry for the last minute notice but I JUST found out about this. A new Kart track which opens tomorrow (10/3) is having "Clubwars". The details are a bit sketchy, but sounds like fun. There are 3 clubs who are scheduled to battle for a future catered event. The three clubs are:
  1. Sprots Car Club of America (SCCA)
  2. ASRA (?)
  3. National Auto Sport Association (NASA)
    [/list=1]

Where: 48th Street & S. of Washington (317 S. 48ths St.)
    When: 10/4/03, starts approx. 7:00pm with 1st race at 8:30pm
    Cost: On average, one race (18 laps) is $24.

I was told by the event coordinator that we are welcome to come and I am trying to have NSXCA included in the "Clubwar". In addition to the driving, I'm told there will be many cars on display and I trying to secure a section for us. I don't know if I will be successful, but will post updates here. Post questions and I will try to work on those as well.

hey is anyone coming with a turbo/nitrous/blower or whatever so i can check out what i can look forward to in a nother 3-4 months??? I have a measly 290HP, barely enough to get me from point A to point B.

I'd be able to show you the set-up on MYNSX "but" my car is @ Marks and It'll be a pain to juggle cars back and forth(before NSXPO) so I will be there in MY355 (hope I'm still welcome).

Maybe I'll be able to show ya' @ NSXPO if your attending.

MYNSX

:D :D :D :D

TucAZNSX said:
MYNSX! Where have you been? Glad to see you are going to make it for the drive. See ya Saturday!

I was caught in a "MUCK" :p

Up in a "MUCK";)

Runnin' a "MUCK":D

PS...... I know a secret street race place for Sat . eve !!!!:D :D

SUPER DUPER TOP SECRET!!! SHhhhhhhh!!:cool: :cool:

Hi gang, hope you're all excited about tomorrow! Be sure to check for road construction, and also I received a call from a professional photographer...a buddy of MYNSX's. Anyway, he said he would be driving along with us and taking pics. MYNSX, can you get him to post some pics online here?

PHOEN$X said:
Hi gang, hope you're all excited about tomorrow! Be sure to check for road construction, and also I received a call from a professional photographer...a buddy of MYNSX's. Anyway, he said he would be driving along with us and taking pics. MYNSX, can you get him to post some pics online here?

Just coordinate w/ yourself to get copies to you and send into here as well as NSXPRIME .
Scott has always been very accomidating and has some really great pics and equiptment as well as a hell of a nice guy.

See ya in the AM !!!
MYNSX:D :D

Back