• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BBS LM's (18/17) or ProDrive White GC06 (17/17)

Rick,
You can't go wrong with the 1994 NSX Type R look. The white 7 spokers on this car is 17/18. You should just buy my wheels.:biggrin:
Steve
White1718.jpg

Last edited:
i have 17/18 i do want to get the 18/19 setup some day, bigger looks better, then again i do like having my car lower...

do you have a bigger high res picture of your car on those 17/18" silver LM's?
I would love to see it up close!

Well I went today to a "Test Fit" a local set of 17/18" Gold LM's with polished lips on my car. I will post a few shots tomorrow. My initial impression is the 17/18" setup just looks too small and the rear tires are too thick (he had 265/35/18) I think a 275/30 would work better.

WhiteNSX: I've seen those Prodrivers but I want to try the LM's first :)

rk

Let me first say A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL PRIME and S2KI members as both sites have been awesome in helping me out.

I'd also like to say that looks are purely subjective so its my opinion that the 17/18" setup looks a bit too small after I tried it on in person. I think it can be fixed somewhat if I use different profile tires. But what I'm saying is what I think is small may be perfect for someone else.

So after visually installing these on my slammed NSX I have decided the 17/18 setup might be too small for me. I think if I swapped the tires out for 275/30 rears it might look better. Also I prefer the dark gun-metal LM's over the Gold color.

Pictured below are Gold LM's:

17x7.5, +38 fronts on 215/40 tires
18x9, +42 rears on 265/35 tires

rearprofile.jpg

frontprofile.jpg

fender_rear.jpg

angle_front.jpg

Closeup_front.jpg

fullbody.jpg

Last edited:
do you have a bigger high res picture of your car on those 17/18" silver LM's?
I would love to see it up close!

Well I went today to a "Test Fit" a local set of 17/18" Gold LM's with polished lips on my car. I will post a few shots tomorrow. My initial impression is the 17/18" setup just looks too small and the rear tires are too thick (he had 265/35/18) I think a 275/30 would work better.

WhiteNSX: I've seen those Prodrivers but I want to try the LM's first :)

rk
heres a couple pics,
IMAGE_001.jpg

14159thermalinmia_12_.jpg

Last edited:
Brooklynzson: thanks for the post!~

For some reason your black NA1 NSX really pulls off the 17/18 combo better than my car. I like how your car sits pretty flush and slammed!

What size tires are you running and what are your wheel offsets? Any spacers in there?

sweet ride,
rick

Brooklynzson: thanks for the post!~

For some reason your black NA1 NSX really pulls off the 17/18 combo better than my car. I like how your car sits pretty flush and slammed!

What size tires are you running and what are your wheel offsets? Any spacers in there?

sweet ride,
rick
Honestly your car looks sick with the 17/18 but since you have an NA2 the skirts and rear valance make the wheel well look longer, if that makes any sense,so the 18/19 would be better for your car.

I have 215/40/17 up front and 26/35/18 in the rear, no spacers, but i am looking to get some in the rear. I'll take some more recent pictures this weekend, those are about 2 years old and she's a little lower now, and she told me to tell you shes Brooklands Green not Black lol. Im thinking about selling my LM1s to get the 18/19 but i like how slammed my car is and i dont want to have to get thin tires, I'll see, decisions, decisions....Never ending w/ this car...

you might as well do the 17/18 set up dickerson has on his nsx, but diff color..

car's coming along. can't wait to get mine!

*edit* oh yeah, didn't i recommend bbs lm's to you last year on aim? haha

Last edited:
you might as well do the 17/18 set up dickerson has on his nsx, but diff color..

car's coming along. can't wait to get mine!

*edit* oh yeah, didn't i recommend bbs lm's to you last year on aim? haha

Nope after trying on some 17/18's on my nsx, it MUST BE 18/19 combo if I go with the LM route. I have nothing against my GTV's so it must be a stunning wheel for me to change!

I might have found a source for a new set of LM's in DSK for my car so fingers crossed :)

rk

Nope after trying on some 17/18's on my nsx, it MUST BE 18/19 combo if I go with the LM route. I have nothing against my GTV's so it must be a stunning wheel for me to change!

I might have found a source for a new set of LM's in DSK for my car so fingers crossed :)

rk

fwiw, I think the gold 17/18 look fantastic.

fwiw, I think the gold 17/18 look fantastic.

they look good in pictures but in person they look small and dated. My friend commented why I wanted to use such antique looking wheels....

I've never been a gold person so will just have to keep my eye open on the used market for a set of 18/19" LM's. Prefer gun-metal but I'll take silver too and do the rest myself.

rk

I'm about to install a set of 18/18 BBS LM's.

I agree that the LM's look too small in 17's for the fronts.

Do you have any picture updates with the 18/18 LM's? I'd love to see what they look like on your ride!

I STILL CAN'T FIND ANY 19X9.5" REAR BBS LM'S IN ANY COLOR! :mad:

Amazing no one has a set of nice rear 19" LM's they want to sell!!!! grrr

rk

Do you have any picture updates with the 18/18 LM's? I'd love to see what they look like on your ride!

I STILL CAN'T FIND ANY 19X9.5" REAR BBS LM'S IN ANY COLOR!
rk

*bump for SOMEONE to sell the GIANT 19's :D ....

-man i can't believe you still can't find them, it reminds me the Advan 5's 17-18" dramas i go through (+ like 15 people on prime alone) ... good luck on your quest, oh btw, I am going 25mm spacers on my OEM's .. i saw your thread and i decided to do it!

Cheers man!

Oscar

What size rubber are you running front and back?

The fronts are PERFECT stance but the rears look a bit small. Is it because you can drop it a bit further or maybe go to a thinner profile tire?

LM's look really sharp on your ride :)

SIDENOTE: Will LM's fit if the sizing is:

18x10 +50
18x9 +42
Silver face

I know the rears should be fine with say a 15mm spacer but I'm worried the 18x9 is too wide up front. What do you guys think?

rk

Last edited:
Rick, on your white car I think the gold lm's with the silver/polished outtter lip looks very nice. Frank

thanks Frank! :)

I'm going to try DSK finished LM's this time around, gold is to "bling" for me...

rk

thanks Frank! :)

I'm going to try DSK finished LM's this time around, gold is to "bling" for me...

rk

Rick I know you have your heart set on BBS LM's. I think you should consider a set of Advans T5's in bronze in 18 - 19's.

Here is a pic of my Legend Coupe with Advans AVS Model 5's in bronze.

file.php

I know the T5's are not the same as the Model 5's, but they do come in 18x8's and 19x10's, which is ultimately what you want. Besides, I don't think anyone is rolling on a bronze set of 18 - 19's, you would be the first.

Mike

I think you're referring to DBK or Diamond Black LM's. As far as I know those have been discontinued since Feb 08. That is what I was told after I ordered mine last year and it appears true. If you look on the BBS website, only the standard silver and gold are available.

BBS or some other place may have the sizes you need in stock, other wise I don't think you're going to be able to order new ones. Check with a reputable source to find out as they may or may not produce more, since they did reintroduce limited amounts of the Champ Editions specially for the Nissan GTR. You can always go with the standard colors and refinish them to what ever color you want, but.....$$$$$$$

Also, just my opinion but don't stretch the tires unless you have an extremely aggressive offset and it requires it. Other wise, to me it looks funny. These cars require the stretch.

l_0381b36752f3ed42c5d16715828811d4.jpg

DSC07210.jpg

Last edited:
Rick I know you have your heart set on BBS LM's. I think you should consider a set of Advans T5's in bronze in 18 - 19's.

I know the T5's are not the same as the Model 5's, but they do come in 18x8's and 19x10's, which is ultimately what you want. Besides, I don't think anyone is rolling on a bronze set of 18 - 19's, you would be the first.

Mike

Mike,

Which model Advans are on your Legend? T5's?

I like the 18/19" combo you have on your NSX, are those Model 5's? Like I said in one of your threads, I'll buy those off you if you want to get rid of them.

But otherwise I kinda have my heart set on a set of BBS LM's or possibily a set of white 18/19" Volk TE37's.

rk

Back