• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

BBSC questions

ANYTIME said:
100%? Yes, 100% passed you. Even Craig said I blew by both of you. NEXT

Why not set up a time and get it all on video... so we can all see... sounds like NSXTC thinks his car will SMOKE any of you...

The main reasoning of why it will work is likely from having a larger CFM producing blower. I feel that the current 1000 doesn't provide enough air at low rpm. With the larger blower, it'll likely work less to provide more air which is a plus. I haven't met Mark much at all, but from everyone that knows him, they regard him very highly. His product's design are very nice and well thought out, after looking everything over. He should get a lot of credit for this being his first SC design. It's great that SOS and Basch is getting together, giving the people more resources to aftermarket parts to the public. Stock NSXs are great, but upgrading is adding more spice. After I get the 2000 upgrade, I'll write a report for all of you. I stick to my opinions without any other outside influences.

I talked to ANYTIME and Craig. We will set-up a documented, controlled-environment rematch in the next week or two hopefully.

Just for the record, Im running a 9 PSI, Aftercooled Novi2k BBSC on a built 3.0l motor (9.5:1 compression). I don't have a dyno on this setup, but I am confident in predicting a victory against a base 6lb CTSC on a 3.2 and 3.0l, respectively! :D

And, IMHO, after having on my car in the following order 1) 6 Lb CTSC, 2) "9" lb CTSC, 3) 6 lb N1k BBSC, 4) 9 lb N1k BBSC, 5) 9 lb aftercooled N2k BBSC, that the N2k Based BBSC definitely makes a low-end seat of the pants difference over the N1k. It is very obvious after driving both setups both in the canyons and on the track. I would have to think that if anyone has an N2K dyno plot, the torque curve would show the difference accordingly.

NetViper said:
Why not set up a time and get it all on video... so we can all see... sounds like NSXTC thinks his car will SMOKE any of you...

NSXTC said:
I talked to ANYTIME and Craig. We will set-up a documented, controlled-environment rematch in the next week or two hopefully.

Just for the record, Im running a 9 PSI, Aftercooled Novi2k BBSC on a built 3.0l motor (9.5:1 compression). I don't have a dyno on this setup, but I am confident in predicting a victory against a base 6lb CTSC on a 3.2 and 3.0l, respectively! :D

And, IMHO, after having on my car in the following order 1) 6 Lb CTSC, 2) "9" lb CTSC, 3) 6 lb N1k BBSC, 4) 9 lb N1k BBSC, 5) 9 lb aftercooled N2k BBSC, that the N2k Based BBSC definitely makes a low-end seat of the pants difference over the N1k. It is very obvious after driving both setups both in the canyons and on the track. I would have to think that if anyone has an N2K dyno plot, the torque curve would show the difference accordingly.

Or goto the 1/4 track and see what MPH you both pull. This test is not going to be 100% correct

Your right Marc...your car's faster :rolleyes: all the boys are impressed now
newtonguesmile.gif

NSXTC,

I'd be happy to add my Novi1K BBSC to your test... let's prove to everyone once and for all the differences between these set-ups.

We're all geographically close enough to get together. However, let's make sure we have a controlled environment for such a test which, for me, is not a public street.

Either let's get together at the same dyno on the same day and dyno all of the cars back to back and put all of the curves on top of one another for comparison or let's agree to meet at the 1/4mi track and run each of the cars where we can compare trap speed as well as some friendly head to head wagers.

I predict that a lowly Novi1K BBSC car will take the low compression, Novi2K, aftercooled machine... and I'm willing to prove it and end the debate. As for the CT cars, the question is if there's enough space to catch them. I think that certainly they'll be out in front at the start.

It will be a hoot. Let's do it.

nsxpowered - I only have three words. Ignorance is bliss.

I think the test should be against a normal compression novi 2000. that's probably the closest match up. I'm in california San Diego which is pretty close too. Anyways, I guess this will be nice to read about when it happens between you guys.

Mr. Pond,

I think your comments are wrong about me. A better 3 words is "Stupidity is Bliss". I maybe be stupid about this subject, but I'm much too young to be ignorant.

I'm in but it'll have to be at the track. I don't race on the streets.

Maybe we do it at the next OTR event 7/23/03 at Big Willow during lunch

Nsxpowered-

You have a valid point on the compression issue, but the extra boost from a smaller pulley should make up the difference.

Kendall,
That is a great idea to join in. I am particularly interested how you fare vs. the others.

Whoever organizes this, thanks in advance.

nsxpowered,

I don't think you're stupid... after all you have an NSX!!

Seriously.... I and many others are well versed on the various differences of the Novi2K blower over the Novi 1K. Certainly it is larger, cost more, has greater CFM potential, etc.

The issue is that it seems everyone wants to say that it works better in the NSX application than a Novi1K. OK, I'm fine with that but the strange part is that despite the growing assertions of how the Novi2K is "so much better" and "solves a lot of the low-end torque" , it seems that no one has any data to back it up.

Further, and as I said, the data tends to show the inverse to be true.

Ryanmcd2 said:
Or goto the 1/4 track and see what MPH you both pull. This test is not going to be 100% correct

Ryan is absolutely correct MPH is an excellent indicator for power. When we ran our FX upgraded CTSC our MPH was 118.81mph.

Btw, Anytime, Craig, "9lb", & Kpond if you guys are interested in doing the dyno and the 1/4 mile let us know. We would be more than happy to accomadate you with the Dyanpacks, Las Vegas Motor Speedway Drag Strip, and a place to stay. We miss our old Cal Coastal buddies:)

damn.. i might just have to fly to vegas to watch this event!

Although I would love to go to Vegas for the obvious reasons as well as the opportunity to meet the FactorX people (thanks for the great offer), I think it would be easiest to meet on any given Friday night at LACR (Palmdale).

There's a nice Mexican restaurant not far from the track and we could all meet there following "the event" and have a nice dinner and all the usual BS about WHY one car was slower than another, etc.

If there's another track/dyno nearer to you guys in Camarillo, I don't mind to make the drive.

Can we get a turbo car or 2 in this thing also? Anyone close by Las Vegas.

Is there anything you can do on the BBSC to tune it on a dyno? From the description, it seems like everything is governed by the piggyback system which can not be modified on the fly.

ak said:
Is there anything you can do on the BBSC to tune it on a dyno? From the description, it seems like everything is governed by the piggyback system which can not be modified on the fly.

The Split Second engine management system is *very* dyno tunable via laptop. In simplistic terms, fuel map and timing map adjustments optimize the desired air-fuel ratio and ignition.

When you ask if it can be tuned "on the fly", if you mean while the engine is running, the answer is no. To load new data, the engine is off but the ignition key is on. This is how it works with the SS, which is piggyback. The stand-alone AEM may also require the engine be not running when loading data.....anyone?

I meant on the spot. How does the piggyback unit affect OBD-II cars compared to OBD-I car? Do they have different program?

I remember a discussion a while back about the effectiveness of piggyback computers and the OEM ECU's ability to adapt. Has anyone done dyno comparison of the initial BBSC install VS several month of driving to see if the Air:Fuel and the power delivery change??

I wonder if while on the Dyno and measuring HP and Torque, if you could measure the testostorone levels? I am sure they also vary depending on atmospheric conditions and mods.

Well I know Motec makes a wideband estrogen sensor, the "EstroTest 2000 CBD" It's useful at carshows, parking lot gatherings, and red lights. It was calibrated to zero at muscle beach, and 100% on the set of the original fast and furious when Turretto's chick shows up and says "I smell skank".

Black&Tan97Tnewportbeach said:
Well I know Motec makes a wideband estrogen sensor, the "EstroTest 2000 CBD" It's useful at carshows, parking lot gatherings, and red lights. It was calibrated to zero at muscle beach, and 100% on the set of the original fast and furious when Turretto's chick shows up and says "I smell skank".

Thats funny, Im sure a group buy is in order

Back