• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Besides the NSX, my other H.S. dream car was a Supra Turbo ~ Any owners here?

So if I go back in time to 1994 which is my senior year in high school, I was driving a Eclipse turbo but my 2 dream cars back then were the MKIV Supra and NSX.

My ownership of the NSX fulfills 50% of my dream but I just got a call from a buddy who has a MKIV Supra Turbo he wants to sell to me. It's one of those rare opportunities to own a special car.

What do you guys think this car is worth?

Any NSX owners that also have a Supra turbo? :)

My plan originally was to sell one of my s2000's and pickup a GTR so I can take the kids out but with this Supra popping up, I'm seriously thinking of getting this car instead since I think I can fit one baby seat back there.

I've owned 6 of em, and 2 Nsx's. Both are great, depends on what you're looking for in a car, of course

as for the worth, the 6 speeds still fetch a good nickel, up to 50 and sometimes 60k for collectibles, average examples start in the late 20's to mid 30's depending on miles/mods (unlike the Nsx, the lesser the better in terms of resale value)
automatics I've seen as low as 17k.. Boring

i wish the Nsx had the 2j powerplant/reliability, now there's a dream for the ages

Last edited:
I've owned 6 of em, and 2 Nsx's. Both are great, depends on what you're looking for in a car, of course

as for the worth, the 6 speeds still fetch a good nickel, up to 50 and sometimes 60k for collectibles, average examples start in the late 20's to mid 30's depending on miles/mods (unlike the Nsx, the lesser the better in terms of resale value)
automatics I've seen as low as 17k.. Boring

i wish the Nsx had the 2j powerplant/reliability, now there's a dream for the ages

I agree with SupraTT, the supra does hold its value pretty well but do be careful cuz most of these cars are highly modified. If I were to buy a supra again it would definitely be stock or just BPU (basic performance upgrade) as these are much rare now and still worth $25k to $30k over 100k miles with no mechanical or minor problems.

I'm looking at an AUTO since my wife wants to be able to drive it. I heard the AUTO is faster on the drag strip, any truth to that?

EDIT: I found Supraforums :)

How many NSX owners here also have a Supra in their garage? I know quite a few IS-F owners have Supras!

The beauty of the MKIV has always been the high power output of those motors, just wished our NSX can be tuned so easily. The other day I was following a simple black lowered Supra with exhaust in the NSX thinking, a black one would be so perfect.

Last edited:
If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a PM. I owned 8 MKIV's in every possible configuration and know what to look for. Btw I would pass on the auto
Supraforums is a great forum to learn all about the all mighty Supra.

I too was a big fan of the MKIV supra. Something I've always wanted and may own one in the future. I probably wouldn't settle for less than 1997 MKIV 6Spd

While my Supra is only an NA, I still love the car. It's a '95 hardtop 5 speed SE (Special Edition). I've owned it for 6 years and bought it from the original owner here in Nashville. Everywhere I go, people stop me to ask about it and are always wanting to see if I want to sell it.

You should seriously consider buying your friend's car, even though it's an automatic. I seriously believe the MKIV Supra will be the iconic car for the current younger generation, much like the '69 Z28, '67 big block Corvette and '68 Hemi Dodge Charger is for people of my generation.

One day, people like my 25 year old son who have always lusted after a Supra, will have saved enough money to buy one, and the prices will skyrocket just like the muscle cars of my youth have.

Last edited:
S4play, there is a white TT 6-speed for sale on supra forums right now. The seller seems to be asking a reasonable price. I've lusted after these as well but I've passed up on the opportunity in the past in order to keep the NSX. I'm glad I did, the NSX is no power monster but it certainly puts a smile on my face. Also turns more heads.

MKIII looks better than the MKIV face.

MKIV looks like it belongs to Roger Rabbit or some Chevron commercial.

Have to disagree on that one. With the right mods its looks just as bad ass as the viper
(Ww lip, rmm spoiler, aggressive 18" wheels).

Thats one car that can hold its own on all levels

MKIV rear looks OK.

Face = only a mother would love.....

MK3 looks like a NSX (with pop up lights since the frog eyes are fugly) and BMW 8 series are all made with the same designer.

92t-front.jpg

Toyota-Supra_1996_800x600_wallpaper_09.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Have to disagree on that one. With the right mods its looks just as bad ass as the viper
(Ww lip, rmm spoiler, aggressive 18" wheels).

Thats one car that can hold its own on all levels

This car looks way better than a MKIV and is more like a Viper than the bloated 2+2 seats (second row of seats for insurance rates?! LOL)

6052_1127914116398_5900332_n.jpg

^ I think you are in the minority with your opinion, which is totally OK. Most people prefer the MKIV over the MKIII. I like both but would only care to own a MKIV. Its a very enjoyable car and like most that have posted here I wanted one since HS. Here is mine.
IMG_6891.jpgIMG_6836.jpg

^^ nice car. I love that big azz angled single muffler on the supra. Looks kinda rice but in a good way.

I Iike the RX7 a lot. I would love to buy it if it's more reliable though.

Last edited:
^^ nice car. I love that big azz angled single muffler on the supra. Looks kinda rice but in a good way.

I Iike the RX7 a lot. I would love to buy it if it's more reliable though.

Cake, just do a LSx conversion.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VN3u2q5ShFo?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I sold mines with 250k miles on the chassis and I can say that the rest of the car is just as reliable as the NSX.

I just replaced the turbos once as an upgrade. Tranny, diff, starter, alternator, etc. were all reliable.

- - - Updated - - -

^ Agreed! FD+ LS1 swap = Win.

dam, u beat me by seconds. LOL

+1 on the Supra dream. I've always wanted one, i joined supraforums 11 years ago anticipating owning one, but as my tastes changed i ended up with a nsx somehow.

@RyanC
Your supra is done exactly right :)

Unfortunately Ive had too many of them to ever want another. Plus I sold it to my friend so I still see it all too often. Still, when that boost sets in: WaaaPSHHH theres none else like it!!

S4play, there is a white TT 6-speed for sale on supra forums right now. The seller seems to be asking a reasonable price. I've lusted after these as well but I've passed up on the opportunity in the past in order to keep the NSX. I'm glad I did, the NSX is no power monster but it certainly puts a smile on my face. Also turns more heads.

Thanks I saw the white one but working on another car locally first, plus to be honest I'm kinda done with white cars. My next car will be yellow or something else...

Here you go. It's black and look at the size of that turbo. And when it comes to women, yes size does matter.:wink:
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...41-1300whp-8-second-daily-drivable-supra.html

The black Supra there is a nice car but exactly what I don't want! I already have a heavily modded/boosted s2000 that barely passes smog, I don't want another headache car that is too modified. Looking for a clean low mileage Supra that has basic mods or stock.

Supra owner here too. I had a 95 auto T.T and I got bored very quick.

A SupraTT with a manual transmission would be a really fun car I think.
Personally, there's no way I could do automatic. Seems like it would be boring.

When I think of Supras

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?602099-Supra-vs.-NSX-comparison-Anyone-ever-own-both-cars

"....NSX's are more expensive to maintain. However the majority of NSX owners are older gentleman. The guys at NSX prime literally know every little detail about every NSX produced. No bullshitting. Just enter the vin in the search function and you will find out when the last time that particular car was vacuumed. Most guys there in the market won't look at a car unless the timing belt/WP had been changed. Don't mention anything about trying to rice out an NSX otherwise one of those old farts will reach through the computer and choke you...."

I thought that black one was funny. 8 Sec daily driver. That would get so old. A Supra with that much HP is a lot of work to drive and if its anything like mine it will always be a few miles away from the next part it needs. You would daily it for a week and then find another daily.
OP- IMO I think you should go with the GTR. If you already have a 2 seater toy or 2 why another that you have to enjoy alone? I find myself thinking about a toy with a back seat so the wife and baby can go as well. Cant have quite as much fun with them in the car but it gets old always leaving them behind to use my toys. Just a thought.

- - - Updated - - -

When I think of Supras

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?602099-Supra-vs.-NSX-comparison-Anyone-ever-own-both-cars

"....NSX's are more expensive to maintain. However the majority of NSX owners are older gentleman. The guys at NSX prime literally know every little detail about every NSX produced. No bullshitting. Just enter the vin in the search function and you will find out when the last time that particular car was vacuumed. Most guys there in the market won't look at a car unless the timing belt/WP had been changed. Don't mention anything about trying to rice out an NSX otherwise one of those old farts will reach through the computer and choke you...."

Sounds like someone has been owned by a Supra on the streets a few times. :)

I was a HUGE Supra fanatic, and always dreamed of owning one. I still remember, as a child, seeing one on the platform at the dealership when my dad was buying his car. For me, the Supra probably has the highest nostalgic value. And if I could own a brand new 98 TT 6 speed, I probably would.

However, finding a clean one that hasn't been modded/raced is going to be tough. Believe me as I have looked for years. The "stock" ones you find are really modded ones that have beens stripped of the mods. And I am not sure why, but I have seen the same clean examples get sold over and over again in a 10-year period, only to not have accumulated any owners (i.e. same car, different sale, no new owners). I am not sure how this works, but they always seem to be coming out of Arizona. Not only that, but I can't justify the 40-60k prices for used cars with multiple owners, and 40-50k miles.

While I love the Supra, I just feel like there are better choices at that price point today. If I had to choose between the Supra and the upcoming M4, I'd just wait for the M4. Unless you want a drag beast, or just need to fill that nostalgic itch, I would save your money. And being the fan I was, I would probably be the last person to say this, but the styling is dated.

But if you do have an inside connection, then by all means.

Last edited:
I think it all really depends on what type of driving style you are into.

my ownership of a nsx was only for 6 month, however it was my daily driver and I put almost 10k miles in that 6 month. I do spirited weekend drive, daily to work and 2 track days on the nsx. The car was a GREAT all around car!! However during track days i was getting passed by vette's and p cars and pretty much any modern cars coming out of turns and on straights. So i looked into modding the NSX with SOS super chargers , comptech stuff etc. I was turned off by the $$ and gain that i would get.

10k miles later, my bushings were were pretty shot, and instead of overhauling the entire suspension , i decided to sell the nsx and bought a supra turbo bpu on 20psi. The supra is a whole different beast. Driving the supra is a bit difficult, its not as well refined and balanced like the nsx. however the boost was very addicting. I love the fact that it had so much high end power. i went from 350HP ($500) to 500HP ($2500) to 750HP ($4500) ( in span of 5-6 years), Been driving on 750hp E85 for 2 years now no issues. The motor is bullet proof if you know what you are doing. However i noticed with more power the less i drove the car. I became scared of driving my car because the power output is so violent and 0-140 is in blank of an eye. So the supra was put away in the garage.

i was going to purchase another nsx again last year but ended up with a LS1 powered FD, its my daily driver,track car and Drag car. Its been the most reliable and cheap to maintain ever!! The low end torque is great for the track, 400hp on a 2800lb car was just enough! the handling on the rx7 remains the same (Drives like a miata on steroid). I guess i finally found the car that suits my driving style and needs =].

Back