• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best 2 cars combined for under $200m

I'd go for Turbo2go's choice!

Save a bit for mods as well!

Great ideas! This started with a Maserratti idea, morfed in to an Aston Martin and seemed to settle on a Ferrari. Now, if you do the Ferrari, then the second car is the challenge. I was going towards older Porsche Turbo but the Lotus seems cool!

Great ideas! This started with a Maserratti idea, morfed in to an Aston Martin and seemed to settle on a Ferrari. Now, if you do the Ferrari, then the second car is the challenge. I was going towards older Porsche Turbo but the Lotus seems cool!

There's an Aston in our parking lot at work. And man it makes me stop and stare everytime I see it. Aston's are museum pieces and super rare here. With that said I'd pick up the new volkswagen beetle and with the left over cash grab 20000 cans of beans to fill it with.

CS or Scudeira. Limited production, epic stylintg, Ferrari Heritage and instant Ferrari collector car status.

Otherwise if you can spend a bit more - Porsche Carrera GT - prices have gone up $75k in the last 2 years. Another instant collector car.

can't buy a scuderia for 200,000 :rolleyes:

i duno - once you go over 80, i wouldn't want anything for less than 250! :redface: i do like the idea of a used CS tho .... keep the rest for maintenance

You can really get a Gallardo for 130?

You can really get a Gallardo for 130?

an 04. In fact just had a guy call me with a black on tan 04 with 4k miles for 120k. I told him 100k and I would take it. He refused.

With 200k I would go with a 08 Gallardo spyder white with black interior and white stitching, it's so Hollywood IMO.

Ferrari 360 6spd with clutch pedal+ tubi exhaust
and
R34 GTR or E92 M3

This is only if I have to used up $200k on cars and can't use it for any other purposes.

an 04. In fact just had a guy call me with a black on tan 04 with 4k miles for 120k. I told him 100k and I would take it. He refused..

I've spent more on my NSX! :mad:

Now I want a Gallardo. You just made me start researching them.

you cannot get a scuduria unless you're on a dealer's list of customers that will get one at msrp 300k, price for people not on the list 450-500k:eek:

Last edited:
can't buy a scuderia for 200,000 :rolleyes:

Well - theoretically you could. MSRP is $269K. Unfortunately, I just saw one for sale for $469K.:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Regarding Gallardo's - I would go with a 04 manual for $120k and then do the Heffner TT setup. It gets rid of AWD, and add another 250+ HP. Now that is a monster of a car.

I know "M" is roman for "1000" and that MM would be (1000 x 1000 = 1.000.000) but is M usually used to note (1000) when used like that (i.e. $200M)?

I was just wondering. I'm not exactly sure myself. But usually I see "K" used to denote thousand and "MM" to denote million.

No, it's not. If you read any article, anywhere and see $1.5M or $1.5B it's understood to be 1.5 million and 1.5 billion, respectively. The OP (in previous posts) uses the denotation of 'K' when he means thousand.

While 'M' is the Roman numeral for thousand, it's not convention. It's like posting a car for sale with 5XXX miles. Most would assume that means mileage between 5,000 and 5,999, then being told no, XXX=30 which would mean that the mileage is actually 150. It's just not common practice to use Roman numerals.

Last edited:
Ferrari 360 6spd with clutch pedal+ tubi exhaust
and
R34 GTR or E92 M3

This is only if I have to used up $200k on cars and can't use it for any other purposes.

This is about where I was when I decided to start the thread. F360 in red plus BMW M or Dinan in Black. How much of a monster can the 3 series become and still be streetable?

Well - theoretically you could. MSRP is $269K. Unfortunately, I just saw one for sale for $469K.:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Regarding Gallardo's - I would go with a 04 manual for $120k and then do the Heffner TT setup. It gets rid of AWD, and add another 250+ HP. Now that is a monster of a car.

doesn't mean you could ever get a new one for that much..... MSRP on a 430 spider is $230k, and ferrari atlanta sells them for 330.... expect much higher markup on a scud. for that matter - good luck buying any ferrari new for MSRP

if i had 89grand a month and 1/2 ago, i woudl've bought this CS on ebay (89 - buy it now) - full out race car (looked like they were selling a lemans car).... up on maintenance..... really nice :frown:

I'd say keep the AWD and go with the 1000hp TT set up, unless you really want RWD, but that's me.

doesn't mean you could ever get a new one for that much..... MSRP on a 430 spider is $230k, and ferrari atlanta sells them for 330.... expect much higher markup on a scud. for that matter - good luck buying any ferrari new for MSRP

if i had 89grand a month and 1/2 ago, i woudl've bought this CS on ebay (89 - buy it now) - full out race car (looked like they were selling a lemans car).... up on maintenance..... really nice :frown:

Prices on F360's are dropping, the same will happen with F430's. Majority of Ferrari dealers are in the East or West Coast. Areas where the economy is soft and new money people who just bought a Ferrari are hurting. You would be amazed what you can get hold of with some will power and Contacts. I have realized - the contacts part is the key to getting hold of a good ferrari at a fair price.

Btw, The "CS" you mentioned on ebay isn't a CS. A CS is a street legal car. A F360 challege is an all out race car. They probably raced in the Ferrari spec series. They are not streetable but are the last "cheap" Ferrari race cars you will find. F430 challege cars are going for $400K.

This is about where I was when I decided to start the thread. F360 in red plus BMW M or Dinan in Black. How much of a monster can the 3 series become and still be streetable?

Hartge V10 H50. That's probably as much of a monster as you can get. As for if there's room to modify that, I don't know. But i'd say wait for Hamann to get their hands on it as well...they'll pull out a good number.

gt1.jpg

and this:

0603_geneva_01+2006_lotus_exige_s+top_view.jpg

Add right up to about 200K. One is comfy, luxurious, sexy with 4 seats. The other is a track ANIMAL that is the funnest thing on 4 wheels for short bursts.

The Gran Turismo is very nice.

Back