• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Black NSX accident??

Black NSX accident in Huntington Beach??

A friend of mine just called from the scene of an accident. A black NSX and another car. Between Warner and Springdale, on the corner of Warner and Lark.

I hope the driver is ok, whoever it is. From the description, the car is probably a goner. :(

Last edited:
Saw one today on the 57 South just past Imperial Highway.. around 5pm ish....

Another NSX (Black) seems to have gotten clipped on the right front corner.... the Truck went into the trees.....

The owner seemed okay...

Sad to see that.....:(

Hey Guys...

Unfortunately, it was me sitting on Warner on Saturday. I'm ok and in good spirits, Thanks to the H.B. Fire and Police departments and several passer byers. Someone was difinetly looking out for me up above!!! I've got a nine total screws and a plate in my ankle after surgery Sat evening. Some nice bruses from the seat belt and a small scratch on my forward from the air bag. As for the car, its pretty much totaled. Thanks to Shane and Ron @ Autowave for keeping my car until the insurance claims are conducted. Thankfull to still be here, see u guys in 6-10 weeks after physical therapy!!!

Wadasan

I wish you a speedy recovery, a fair settlement, and a new NSX.

Sorry to hear about your accident - glad it wasn't much worse for you.

Whenever I am upset that the NSX isn't lighter then it is I think about the serious accidents I have seen it stand up to and am reminded how important safety must have been to Honda when they designed and built this car.

Crash worthiness is one area of performance I would put the NSX up against any other exotic car.

aint that the truth!!!

PoohBEAR said:
It is a curse...I tell you ....everyone, leave your car in the garage until the full moon disapears :D

hmmm, odd things happening to NSX owners this past few days/weeks... Saturday nite, Feb7th... I was on a clover-leaf interchange for two highways, and my tail/rear spun out and I coasted about 200-300feet (guestimation) in the grass/sand/gravel area (the inner part of the circular ramp). I dont know if it was a wet-patch I hit (temps in low 30's), or if my rear tires are in need of changing, or my slow acclimatization (sp?) to a M-R car. Nonetheless, all is well; just a bruised ego and some scrapes on the front lip (i hope that's all :confused: )

Also, I wish you a speedy recovery; all the bests'!

It is hard enough to see an NSX destroy. It is even harder if you know the owner.

I'm glad to hear that you are OK. Well 9 screws and a plate is hardly consider OK, but you know what I mean.

Like Matteni said, you are better off having an accident in your NSX than other lesser cars.

I hope you recover soon. Although we have a special bond with our cars, it is something that can be replaced.

Take care!

Sorry to hear of your accident and injuries, please take care of yourself and get well soon. Regards also for the car.

It's Just a Car!

WOW! I am sure glad to hear you are OK (sort of;) )

Your car can be replaced... You can't!

Here Here to what Matteni and CDub said! (Speaking from somone who has been upside down in an NSX) I can't agree more:) All I said after I climbed out of my wreck was "Thank You" (to the Car) "You are Just a Car but you saved my life:D "

Get well soon!

OMG!!!! Chad? let me know if you need anything buddy....wishing that you heal soon.

Wadasan said:
Hey Guys...

Unfortunately, it was me sitting on Warner on Saturday. I'm ok and in good spirits, Thanks to the H.B. Fire and Police departments and several passer byers. Someone was difinetly looking out for me up above!!! I've got a nine total screws and a plate in my ankle after surgery Sat evening. Some nice bruses from the seat belt and a small scratch on my forward from the air bag. As for the car, its pretty much totaled. Thanks to Shane and Ron @ Autowave for keeping my car until the insurance claims are conducted. Thankfull to still be here, see u guys in 6-10 weeks after physical therapy!!!

Wadasan

matteni said:
Whenever I am upset that the NSX isn't lighter then it is I think about the serious accidents I have seen it stand up to and am reminded how important safety must have been to Honda when they designed and built this car.

Crash worthiness is one area of performance I would put the NSX up against any other exotic car. [/B]

Thanks Guys!!! Taking it slow one day at a time. Had the engine been up front I'm sure my injuries would have been much worse. Shane said that the clutch was bent and I think I tried to down shift to slow the car, but thats what probably caused my left ankle to shatter.

Calvin- I'll be sure to call if I need some good take-out food!!!

Wadasan

P.S. Was really lookin forward to seeing everyone at the monthly meet, hopefully I'll be more mobil with in the weeks to come.

Chad,

I am so sorry to hear that, man. I can relate to you about serious NSX accident too. You be strong and recover soon.

Wadasan - sorry to hear of your accident. Sounds like you suffered some serious damage to your ankle, 9 screws and a plate - wow. Hope you recover quickly - take care!

Thanks for all the kind words and pics (Aaron) guys!!!

Back from the doctor and everything looks good, swelling is down, screws and plate are holding everything together ok, and then back in a week for a soft cast. Looking forward to a hot shower...

Wadasan

cars can be replaced...life and limbs can't.....
Glad to hear you're OK...Get well soon and get NSX soon:D

Back