• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Blackhawk Tour?

(NSX REY) said:
Where are all the NSXers?
Denny, Eric, Jonathan, Steve, Kenji, Sidney, Spartan, Tobal, JopsJazz, Ms. Purple, Nalesh... Everyone lets go!!!

That's a big weekend for me at school. But I'll see if I can get away for the tour without lunch.

I'm there!

I wouldn't miss it (unless the company union goes on strike which means I'll have to go out and work). I'll be there with my navigator, Lisa. My friend Ariel will be there as well. Count me in for two cars and three people.

Bleh, I may have to work that day. All arrangement still in place. Hope to see you folks there, if I can...

Reminder - this Saturday - Blackhawk in Danville

Reminder - this Saturday the Bay Area NSXCA meeting is in Danville at the Blackhawk Auto Musuem. It should be fun! Lots of nice cars there (bring your digicam).

I'm in the area, so if anyone wants to meet for coffee before the photo shoot PM me.

We can meet for coffee at the Starbucks on Crow Canyon Rd in Danville (its 1/2 mile before the museum at Crow Canyon and Camino Tassajara Rd). I'll be at the Starbucks at 8:45am. Starbucks at 11000 Crow Canyon Road. See you Saturday.

Hey there!!! Count me in. I'll have a navigator as well... Anyone coming up from the southbay want to meet somewhere to drive up? If not, guess I'll see everyone at the starbucks... Is there still a drive planned? Really hoping so... In any case, looks like it's going to be a great day!!! :)

Hey Ron,

I've been back and forth on whether I'm going to make this event or not. Right now I'm leaning towards "yes" again. ;) If I do, I'll certainly meet up with you on my way north.

I don't know exactly where you are, but I expect we could gather somewhere near 101 and 680... Or were you perhaps thinking of taking 84 or 92 instead?

-Brian

Last edited:
Hey there Brian!!!
My navigator lives off of hwy 85 and Blossom Hill... After picking her up I was planning on jumping on to hwy 101 north then to hwy 680 north... we can meet pretty much anywhere... just let me know... I'll pm you my cell...
If there's any one else in the southbay cruising up, maybe we could all meet somewhere for the drive up? Just a thought... :)

101 to 680 was pretty much what I was thinking as well. I'm coming up from Morgan Hill, so anywhere along 101 is good for me.

There's a nice little business park there just off the east side of 101 and Blossom Hill Rd. (heading up towards Silver Creek Valley Rd.) We could meet up there without too much effort I expect.

When are you planning on picking up your Navigator? I'll plan on arriving shortly after that... or maybe I'll arrive early and take a run up Silver Creek Valley Rd. :D

As a suggestion, those in the south bay may want to meet at the Embassy Suites on 237 & 680. We typically meet there to stage for driving events. I suggest we meet there around 8:30 or so and leave by 9am since we should be arriving at the museum by 9:30 to arrange our cars for the photo opp.

If this sounds good, let's meet at the Embassy Suites. I'll be coming from Pebble Beach.

leaving sf to blackhawk

:D count me in!! i'm leaving from SF! contact me on time u wanna meet up!!

Re: leaving sf to blackhawk

RAVN NSX said:
:D count me in!! i'm leaving from SF! contact me on time u wanna meet up!!
I have sent you PM but you have not read it yet. Please call me to work out the time and meeting place.
Steve

Brian - if you like we can meet at that spot off 101 at Blossom Hill around 8:00am, then meet the others at embassy suites (237 & 680)... or we can just meet at the latter... it's totally up to you... I'm good either way... :)

Denny... You still in? C'mon man this looks like it's going to turn out to be great time!!! ;)

(NSX REY) said:
Where are all the NSXers?
Denny, Eric, Jonathan, Steve, Kenji, Sidney, Spartan, Tobal, JopsJazz, Ms. Purple, Nalesh... Everyone lets go!!!

Since I'm amongst those singled out above & since there aren't a lot of purple NSXes around, I guess I should bring mine to this event, eh? It's just sooo darn early on a weekend for night owls! But it would be cool to be part of the photo op so count me & my other half in. We'll meet y'all at the museum rather than at the Embassy Suites. We'll try to get to bed right at 4AM (when the StarWars Galaxies server goes down) :D

Last edited:
Vytas said:
As a suggestion, those in the south bay may want to meet at the Embassy Suites on 237 & 680. We typically meet there to stage for driving events. I suggest we meet there around 8:30 or so and leave by 9am since we should be arriving at the museum by 9:30 to arrange our cars for the photo opp.

If this sounds good, let's meet at the Embassy Suites. I'll be coming from Pebble Beach.

Embassy Suites sounds like a good place to meet up. I'll see you at 8:30!

We should probably set a hard departure time of 9:00. For those who are late, just turn on your radios and hopefully you can catch up!

-CiaoBoy

May not go

After my posting for everyone to come out and join the fun, it looks as though I may not make it. :( I know for sure I will not make the photo opportunity.:mad: I have to attend a class in the morning, but if time permits, I will drive out to meet you all. I was really looking forward to this meeting. What time do you plan to leave the museum?

Confirmed 9:30 photo op. Security will have to let you in for the photo shoot. I haven't been there before, so I don't exactly know where to find them, but you won't be able to get in without them. Hope to be able to see you folks there.

Ron - Since my suggestion is somewhat indeterminate as to an exact location, and we're just going to end up going up to Embassy Suites anyway, let's just gather at the appointed spot at 8:30.

See you at Embassy Suites.
-Brian

Re: May not go

(NSX REY) said:
After my posting for everyone to come out and join the fun, it looks as though I may not make it. :( I know for sure I will not make the photo opportunity.:mad: I have to attend a class in the morning, but if time permits, I will drive out to meet you all. I was really looking forward to this meeting. What time do you plan to leave the museum?

C'mon NSX REY, you gotta play hookie sometimes :D .(J/P)

that would be great if you could join us afterwards (not sure how late we would be there) you can call me on my cell (510-333-6243) and I can tell you our location :cool:

I'll be at the Starbucks around 8:45 am in Danville to meet Nalesh and Company.

Hope to see everyone there..

Dinan M3 said:
Confirmed 9:30 photo op. Security will have to let you in for the photo shoot. I haven't been there before, so I don't exactly know where to find them, but you won't be able to get in without them. Hope to be able to see you folks there.

I've been there twice and the last time was back in '98 at our club's NSX event. I recall staging in a lot behind the museum and then taking a narrow service road along the south side the museum. Upon entering the museum, I suggest we stage in the lot, let them know we're all present and accounted for and then have them lead us to the front courtyard. Someone was doing a good job organizing our cars in a circular parking arrangement. It took us a while to get all the cars parked nicely.

If you haven't seen pictures of how our cars were organized, see them at the '98 Blackhawk Tour page from the Northwest club website.

Back