• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bling vs. Black

Fair enough. I can tell you though, since I had my wheels done, I get a lot of compliments. Of course, Black and Chrome is the classic look, and, who's not to say I can have my whells chormed,refinished etc...in the future?

NSX 3.0 said:
And a better one of the Gun Metal.
Damn Beautiful wheels.... :eek:

jrich said:
Sorry for the typos (wheels) (chrome)
No need to be sorry - you can just edit your post in future by clicking on the "edit" icon at the bottom right of your post - if you edit within a the first few mins (I think it's 5 mins) after you initially post, it won't even state that your post has been edited. (after the initial time elapses a small footnote will simply indicate your post has been edited at the specific time, but now how)

As to your all-black rims, sorry not a fan. Maybe a better quality, larger image might be different?

i think silver looks the best! ;)
P1010001.jpg

Black w/ Polished lip. Definitely NSX material. Just don't do the entire wheel black. It will look great for the track but the wheels will visually disappear.

Gunmetal is always cool too.

I have brushed w/ polished lips now, but I'll probably go black/polish for my next set.

Alan

Black is the new bling ;) I'm seeing alot of black on black (polished or chrome lip) on alot of higher end exotics and luxuries nowadays. I too was trying to decide on the same thing.... The black on black combo looks MUCH better in person IMO.

Vendetta said:
Black is the new bling ;) I'm seeing alot of black on black (polished or chrome lip) on alot of higher end exotics and luxuries nowadays. I too was trying to decide on the same thing.... The black on black combo looks MUCH better in person IMO.

What up Vendetta? Those wheels look sick. You got a good deal... :biggrin:

ADNOH said:
before i saw this black nsx with black wheels i thought the nsx would look better with chrome/polished wheels but after i saw them i think black/black wheels is really nice.
attachment.php

call TireRack today and they offer me SSR SP1 18x8 front and 18x9 rear , what kind offset should it be? i have stock body and lower with Koni/Eibach

I think ENIRELY black wheel looks ugly like spare tires. However, with a chrome or polished lips on a black wheel, it looks sharp and contrasty. All chrome looks crappy. Just my own preferences.
Steve

I got the black rims with the polished lip on my car, I just put it on last week. I'm very please with the results. Go for the black rims with the polished lip, you wont regret it.

steven0720 said:
yeah, i like those rims , what size and offset u running and any issues ?

Thanks, its 18X8.5 front and 18X9.5 rear with 38mm offsets. Had to use spacers and modify the lugs. No major issues except the front tyres rub on extreme turnings and bumpy roads.

Back