• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Blowing the Cobwebs Off after 9 Years!

As a certified car junkie, I've had the pleasure of owning many, many really great cars. I occasionally write reviews of my exploits on other forums, and regularly find myself making comparisons to my beloved 2001 NSX Coupe. Despite many oaths to the contrary, I sold that car some years back, and I have regretted it ever since. (When I look at the cars in my old profile, it makes me smile; so many cars have come and gone since then!)

Welcome Back! No finer ride than an NA2 coupe :biggrin: Did you buy the 2001 Red/Black coupe from Paul Herman in NY? If so, I was trying to buy it back in the day but wound up buying a 92 and found a Zanardi years later.

Great post - finally got around to reading the post on the Ford GT site. As others have said, a very good write. You have the talent that equals (or exceeds) those at Car & Driver or Road & Track etal. An enjoyment to read for sure.

Having never driven either, I appreciate your analysis of the cars. All I can say is, when I see a Ferrari I do notice and appreciate, but fairly quickly move on with my life. I recently saw a Ford GT (blue with white stripes) here in Virginia Beach in a parking lot, and I found myself walking around and perusing this magnificent car for 10 minutes or so, hoping the owner would walk out so we could chat about it and cars in general.

The Ford GT stirs up emotions of America, and American ingenuity, and of course, LeMans :smile:. Geez, what a beautiful beast.

Great to have you on this site, and look forward additional posts. And great to hear your affection for our beloved NSX. Best automobile I've ever owned by far. Cheers, Jay

Welcome Back! No finer ride than an NA2 coupe :biggrin: Did you buy the 2001 Red/Black coupe from Paul Herman in NY? If so, I was trying to buy it back in the day but wound up buying a 92 and found a Zanardi years later.

I bought mine from Hopkins Acura in San Jose, but it was later for sale in New York.

Catching a flight in the morning to look at a very VERY special car...stay tuned for further details!

Very nice review!

DeHaldaswerth, your NA2 Coupe on sale was what kicked off my search for an NSX. I had not even considered getting one until then because I really wanted the 3.2L coupe and assumed it would never happen. After seeing yours, I thought about going to see it or make an offer, but I think you took it off sale before I got around to doing that. By then, momentum had built up, and I ended up with the car I have.

Since I brought up the subject of the GT (and also because I'm sitting on a plane that has WIFI) thought you might enjoy a very short video of my speed run in the GT. Hitting 200 was a major goal of mine and very near the top of my bucket list (at least the automotive one).

Incredible high speed capability is one of the things that makes the GT so unique...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puDR4w5GhYo

OOPS! Sorry folks, I'm also DeHaldaswerth. I have two usernames because I couldn't remember my old handle until a few days ago. Duh. I don't want anyone to think Im a fraud...although having two usernames means I could be a jerk under one name and still get away with it...either that or I could have a public debate with myself :)

Well, back home after a quick trip. Long story short: car was great. Bought it.
Here's a little hint:

DSC_2667.jpg

Wow, good call going w the Zanardi....I always thought that was the ultimate US NSX....Congratulations!!

But really, why stop there?:biggrin:

Just got my first ride in a Zanardi the other day (of course it was supercharged), but I was very impressed with it. Congrats!

Back