• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Blue Batmobile's Full Smoke Taillight Overlay(PICS)!

Finally got these done for you. Thank you for the interest ;). The Overlay turned out really nice as you can see from the pics. Unless you are pretty comfortable applying Vinyl Overlays, I recommend getting a tint shop to install these due to the sharp curved portions on the top of the taillights. Otherwise, the flat portion is fairly straightforward. I offer the Overlay in my standard 6/10 tint(shown), and lighter 3/10 tint. I like the 6/10 tint, and as tou can see, the reflectors are still quite visible in the sunlight :). In the shade, they look darker. Light output is good as you can see from the pictures. One note, you'll need to make the cut for the keyhole yourself. Let me know what you guys think.

I will have more Overlays for you guys as time goes by ;).

nsxt1 Smoke Taillight Overlay $55 shipped!

Email me if you are interested: [email protected]

nsxt12.jpg

nsxt1.jpg

comparison shot:

nsxt18.jpg

nsxt17.jpg

shade shots:

nsxt14.jpg

nsxt15.jpg

F N Awesome!!!!! How did you deal with 3-d letters on corners? :biggrin:
I want a whole set!!!!
My buddy has an 2004 vette. Do you make those too?
Brent :biggrin: :biggrin:

Juice said:
I've got to admit that is pretty freakin cool. What about the third breaklight though? Not all of us have bi-planetary wings.
Don't worry, we already thought about you guys. :) I left my OEM wing with him so that he can create a pattern. I don't believe that fourth piece will cost much, but he'll have to post the price for it. I also requested that he make a custom piece for my Dreamzsport wing. I don't know if there are any owners of that wing that are also interested in this vinyl overlay kit, so please chime in so he knows if there are interested parties for that style of light cover.

Texas91Brent said:
How did you deal with 3-d letters on corners? :biggrin:
I'll try to take a close up pic so you can see how the vinyl lays over those letters.

makes it look like th JDM tails but in the shade very tough!

Fury, I would be interested in the Dreamzsport 3rd brake light. Thanks

Hey cool. Any pics of the 3/10 overlays on red? Even something other than an NSX?

I appreciate that you have come up with an inexpensive way to darken the look of the taillights.....but please, for the love of God, get rid of that wing. :eek:

Hey Bluebatmobile,

Have you had a chance to compare your tint with the JDM NSX tail lights? I'm trying to match the 3rd brake light with my JDM tails. They look closer to a 3/10 tint than a 6/10. LMK. Thanks.

104876036.jpg

You'll see one car that has the JDM lights. This is compared to the other cars. The pics I have are generally darker since I don't have any direct sunlight pics so this is a good comparison.

10487DSCN4651-med.jpg

This one is also out of the sunlight.

I looked at the pictures at BlueBatmobile and here and they look good! It leaves me with a key question:

Can anyone recommend a good professional tinter in the Bay Area to do this for multiple cars, so we can all benefit from the gained experience, rather than each be the first time a different tinter has done this particular job?

(I posted this on the original thread as well.)

Chip

Hey Randy,

Any chance you can take some better pics of the lights? Looks like you loose a lot of gloss from the overlays. I have sanded off the letters on the corners of the brake lights so I don't really care about that.

Can you take pics of:
The key hole
The edges near where the trunk closes
The indented line near where the turn signal is

Thanks in advance. This looks pretty good, but I am still hesitant. Also, were you there for he the install? Do you think any tint shop will do this or am I going to have to worry about cracked tail-lights from some goof-ball using a heat gun set too high?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

lithiumus said:
104876036.jpg

You'll see one car that has the JDM lights. This is compared to the other cars. The pics I have are generally darker since I don't have any direct sunlight pics so this is a good comparison.

10487DSCN4651-med.jpg

This one is also out of the sunlight.

If you compare the g35 with the jdm tails, the finish is pretty close.

Bat™

Hiroshima said:
Hey Randy,

Any chance you can take some better pics of the lights? Looks like you loose a lot of gloss from the overlays.
Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

The Overlays are pretty glossy to semi gloss finish. Look at the 3rd picture down.

Bat™

hey blue when u gonna be done with the spoiler brake light?

I like it! I think the 3/10 JDM look is what I'm most interested. I'm actually concerned about the reduction in intensity of the lights with 6/10. I don't need somebody rear-ending me b/c my tail lights look wicked sweet. :biggrin:

looks quality, definitely.

SaberX said:
I like it! I think the 3/10 JDM look is what I'm most interested. I'm actually concerned about the reduction in intensity of the lights with 6/10. I don't need somebody rear-ending me b/c my tail lights look wicked sweet. :biggrin:

I'm w/ you on this man! 6/10 may work a bit better w/ other (newer) cars on their tail lights because their lamps have more of a projector-type, crystal-like LED bulb pattern & jewel-like facets giving a 3-D appearance; all that stuff is rather too noticable on these newer cars w/o the overlays, but it gets toned down nicely w/ the overlays in place. Our NSX tail lights are rather plain, simple, and lacking the 3-D effect that the crystal-like LED-bulb & jewel cut facets give (ie. "Altezza-effect"). That seems to make the 6/10 overlay for the NSX tail lights too dark/murky. :redface:

Last edited:
There are retro fit LED rear bulbs to fit NSX.Brand JamStrait. PN# 1157R cost 12.00 for two. Need two sets...See www.jamstrait.com also diffferent style called spydereyes ....maybe this will help with darker tint.. :biggrin: Brent

Back