• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

bodykit tail is tearing trunk apart

Hey guys. I have supercharged '98 Integra GSR with a 'fat' bodykit. After three years, the huge tail is begining to tear the holes where the tail is bolted onto the trunk. The tears are about .5 inch moving toward the taillight. Are there any 'super' glue out there that can bond and stop the tearing? My only options are take the tail off permanetly, weld the tears, or sell it (really don't want to.) Any other insights?

MRacer
------------
'96 Red NSX-T
'97 Black Z3
'98 White GSR

How about attaching a big ass wing which is probably hampering performance to your trunklid is probably a dumb idea. I've seen NSXs with big ass wings attached to the trunklid in various places. All they do really is compress the trunk seals and bend the aluminum trunk lid over time.

If you want good downforce without damaging your car, you need to properly engineer the mount so that the downforce is transferred directly to the frame of the car.

EDR

Back