• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

bought a 355 spyder

ALLAN

Suspended
I bought a 355 Spyder yellow/black and will be picking it up on Thursday. Ill have a nice drive in it immediately since ill be driving from Cali to Arizona. Ill also still have the 348 so ill be able to do a nice comparison between the 2 if you guys want. From the little ive driven them both so far, the 348 seems to be torquier down low, but the 355 screams at 8500rpm!

If you wouldn't mind, yes give some details if you would. A 99 355f1 was just bought by mynsx and I look forward to hearing from you both as to maint. issues of any you might have or the history of yours etc. Thanks in advance.

Hey...you out of state people (Allan and Bill) must quit depleting our Ferrari population! Ha ha!
biggrin.gif

Seriously, congrats. Now you and Bill can ride side by side during those AZ runs.

Good stuff.

Ill keep you posted. I plan on keeping this car for awhile, and will be adding some performance goodies from Japan, along with Tubi headers,Tubi bypass pipes, carbon fiber air intake, and maybe....Nos.

Congrats Allan.. I hope you enjoy it! What are you getting rid of to keep the 355? or are you keeping all four cars?

The 355 is a great car--I have owned mine for 2 years now and so far has cost me nothing in maintenance other than oil changes and such. Nothing has went wrong with it at all, starts everytime, and is a blast to drive. Allan, wait till you put test pipes and a tubi on--it really screams. Also go for the challenge grill in the back-not only does it look better but it works too, keeps the engine bay cooler. Let me know you like the car. The 348 is tourquier and feels faster but the 355 is deceiving--you look down at the speedo and you are going faster than what you think--could be from the power steering (don't know?)

No problems with the 348, i rather liked it. My wife does not want black/black and she wants a convertible.

Bill, i know the 355 is faster. What i meant was, when your just driving around town, say 50mph in 4th, and you get into it to pass someone, the 348 seems to be quicker.No doubt all out the 355 is much faster. I will get the challange grill also.
Actually, i want it all, and i want it now!

Back