• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bought my first NSX at 23!

Hi everyone! I finally pulled the trigger on my first NSX after dreaming of owning one since I was in high school.

It is a 1991 NSX 5MT - Formula red on black/red interior. The car is bone stock except for an axle back exhaust.
Timing belt, water pump and new clutch put in last year at 108k miles. The car now has 115k on it.

I do not have the car in possession yet but I it was just loaded up in the enclosed trailer last night from California, coming all the way here to New York!

If anyone has used forged wheels/coilovers for sale please let me know! Looking into Volk or Work wheels.

Here are some pictures of it.
5951E03A-ED9D-403C-8B6E-19853D63F278.jpg
s-l1600-4.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4422.jpg
    IMG_4422.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 456
Congrats and welcome from another fellow new owner.

Amazon is the best way to get a new OEM lip, $180ish with free shipping for prime users.

Also make sure the transmission is not in the snap ring failure range.

And get ready to spend money, these cars are money pits and it’s worth every penny.

They are only money pits because we cant keep them stock haha.

Welcome to the NSX Owners club.

Thanks everyone! This is my third car in addition to an Audi S4 and BMW M4. For now I definitely just want to keep it an OEM + build. Nice set of coilovers, wheels and tires after winter. I definitely would like a lip and some side skirts as a final touch.

Amazon is the best way to get a new OEM lip, $180ish with free shipping for prime users.

Also make sure the transmission is not in the snap ring failure range.

And get ready to spend money, these cars are money pits and it’s worth every penny.

YES! I need to check for the transmission and I do plan to buy a lip and have it painted to match. These NY roads will likely have it torn off after a week though :(

Congrats and welcome!
Before you start modyfying, please make sure that coolant hoses were replaced.
Good luck. Were are you located?

the M4 is such a nice looking sport coupe.

you must be paying some crazy amount of car insurance premiums for these nice cars being 23.... :smile:

Thanks everyone! This is my third car in addition to an Audi S4 and BMW M4. For now I definitely just want to keep it an OEM + build. Nice set of coilovers, wheels and tires after winter. I definitely would like a lip and some side skirts as a final touch.

Back