• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Bugatti Veyron: Not particularly useful in a regatta

1112_LOC_Soggy-Bugatti.jpg

$2 million Bugatti crashes into lagoon

He was distracted by a low flying pelican and dropped his cell phone..

You can't make this stuff up.

I bet some insurance company is not laughing.

And the video...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zcom8_ArYA8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zcom8_ArYA8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

You can't make this stuff up.
+ one

otoh, it looks like the driver had their wakeboard stowed properly... oh wait, that's the deployed spoiler.

ken / josh: suggest we abandon the proposed "veyron as ab diving vessel" plan we were about to submit to bugatti.

He had to skip over those rocks, first. Ouch.

Just remember to look under the carpet and check for odd smells when buying a used Veyron.:wink:

And the video...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zcom8_ArYA8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zcom8_ArYA8&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Oh that is just so WRONG. Noticed the fuel cap was open. Hope he didn't get any water in the fuel system. I enjoyed the customer friendly service when Billy washed his hands in the "clean water" before he reaching into the interior.

... and one more thing. We already know that the NSX can handle water that deep. Somebody cue the youtube video we were all looking at last month.:cool:

Oh that is just so WRONG. Noticed the fuel cap was open. Hope he didn't get any water in the fuel system. I enjoyed the customer friendly service when Billy washed his hands in the "clean water" before he reaching into the interior.
hahahaha, doug - i noticed the same things and thought the service attendant might have spilled a little dockside fuel while he was topping her off so rinsed his hands before closing the fuel lid.

The guy is from my neck of the woods. I wonder who has a Veyron around here?

Oh I know - AN IDIOT with lotsa $$!

Umm.... wouldn't it have been good to try to put the car in neutral first? He was just dragging it with the back wheels not moving at all.

"Owner didn't wish to be identified"... lol... no shit...

there is going to be a couple of Veyron's up for sale soon from this guys collection. Maybe the owner of the water logged car can replace his. Of course with these two cars "flooding" the market the insurance company may only have to pay a reduced amount compaired to what they would have paid if no cars were on the market.

http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/pulp/index.php

Re: Who's the U-boat commander??

I'm shocked this is taking so long to make national news as it is DOMINATING our local news here for weeks. Scott Rothstein is a local lawyer that was a small time lawyer up until about 7 years ago when he really started climbing the local ranks down here. He went from a small office to occupying two floors in a downtown Ft Lauderdale high rise. Suddenly a $7mm home, a HUGE arsenal of the most expensive cars (and to top it off he was buying 2 of each), huge yacht, 24 hour POLICE security, hanging with Florida politicans including Gov Crist. They have pics of him blowing out the candles with Crist at Crist's party celebrating his run for the Senate.

He was accused of running what the feds thought was a $500mm ponzi scheme which they now believe will top $1 BILLION. In addition he was kind enough to scam his friend Ed Morse (owns a bunch of car dealers in FL) out of $57mm. When they discovered the scheme he was hiding in Morocco (a good place to hide $$ andl they don't extradite to the US) Over the past week they've been seizing all of his stuff and this jackass has been doing interviews with local tv saying he'll make sure till his dying day that everyone not involved in the scheme gets paid back. Amazingly he's not in jail YET.

Hit www.sunsentinel.com there are A LOT of stories on this guy.

This is something I wanna hear more about ... got any links to the story ?

Last edited:
i was up @ zero-dark-thirty this morning and caught it on the national news. don't know why it didn't occur to me yesterday when i saw it here, but when i saw it on the news i thought, "insurance / bad financials".

be interesting to see what happens.

Back