• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Building a $50K Track Tool to beat $500K Track Tools

Thanks for the advice on the BBK, guys. That is why this site is so great - sound, considerate advice and not much BS.

A StopTech BBK it is - I've waited far too long.

Thanks for the advice on the BBK, guys. That is why this site is so great - sound, considerate advice and not much BS.

A StopTech BBK it is - I've waited far too long.

You'll wonder why you went w/o one for so long. The weak link will be your tires now.

OP, what pads are you using again?

This is such a great and informative thread. And I realized the other day that I actually haven't read it from start to end (thought I had though).
I will get on that soon though! (if only I could spend all of my time on Prime and in or with my NSX, lol)

.............spend your savings and save your cash:wink:

.............spend your savings and save your cash:wink:
Doc, you just blew my mind :biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

This is such a great and informative thread. And I realized the other day that I actually haven't read it from start to end (thought I had though).
I will get on that soon though! (if only I could spend all of my time on Prime and in or with my NSX, lol)
For maximum affect, best read from the comforts of your carbon fiber 1 piece monocoque racing toilet seat :biggrin:

Last edited:
You'll wonder why you went w/o one for so long. The weak link will be your tires now.
I use Yoko A048s at the track. I like them because they come in two different compounds - just like the OEM tires. I have about one event left in them and then will try Toyo R888s, which got a top review by Car and Driver a few years ago.

Last edited:
The weak link will be your tires now. OP, what pads are you using again?

I am still on the original street/performance pads that the ST40's came equiped with. I would estimate that I have approximately 10 track days on them and have perhaps 1-2 more track days left in them. I'll probably go to a more track oriented pad when I change them but I have absolutely no complaints with them.

As for tires; they are and will always be the limiting factor on my car. If I had my wish, she would have 245/35/17 & 305/30/18 medium compound race slicks. Probably buy me -4-5 seconds.

For maximum affect, best read from the comforts of your carbon fiber 1 piece monocoque racing toilet seat :biggrin:

Drooooool. I would not mind spending some time on that.

Although, why does it look like the actual seat is not made of carbon fiber?

I guess there will always has to be room for mods & upgrades...

Mid summer in Cali for me means its too hot to track so not much to report. Still working on dropping some weight (from the car) and planning my next track day in late September.

Dave (Turbo2Go) was very generous in sending me these custom made red RSII stickers. I left the black one's on for now. Do I need a poll to decide weather I should remove them? Seems appropriate given the sender :biggrin:
Front

Rear

Remove the black!!! what are you sticker happy now? All red details on the car, red sticker. For it to be perfect you need a black outline around the red not white. My wheels are black so I couldn't do black. But I still think they look better.

Man those RSIIs are beautiful. I am filled with lust.

That wings west pre 02 lip is the best lip for the NSX. It flows really well IMO, the original designer did an awesome job like 20 years ago.

Thanks guys, your opinions really matter. I hate buying stuff for this car twice (or more) but like a lot of you, I am guilty of just that on things such as wheels, wings & front lips. What I really like about the WW front lip is it has a higher clearance than my one peice sealed splitter. combined with the DF under tray it performs the same function but I rarely ever scrape, unlike my splitter which is in pieces right now.

I've got tracking numbers for the Shorai battery & tray from Colin (phryxis) and a STMPO rear alloy bumper beam. Still searching for a front beam at a reasonable price.

Midnight raven just made a front beam

wheels

Remove the black!!! what are you sticker happy now? All red details on the car, red sticker. For it to be perfect you need a black outline around the red not white. My wheels are black so I couldn't do black. But I still think they look better.

If the wheels were black, I would agree^^^. Being Gray/gun-metal, the black offers more contrast, makes it easier to read and is consistant with the look of the wheel. In red and white/black, theres too much going on. It should compliment wheel, not stand out.
Just my 3pennies short of a nickel....

Last edited:
Thanks guys, your opinions really matter. I hate buying stuff for this car twice (or more) but like a lot of you, I am guilty of just that on things such as wheels, wings & front lips. What I really like about the WW front lip is it has a higher clearance than my one peice sealed splitter.

See Berto, Whole Lotta LOVE going on here. Now if you get it down to my weight, yo graduate from a Track Rat to a Track God:biggrin:

See Berto, Whole Lotta LOVE going on here. Now if you get it down to my weight, yo graduate from a Track Rat to a Track God:biggrin:
Well Mr. weight weenie :tongue:, perhaps this FedEx delivery today will lift me about 20lbs. closer to Godliness :biggrin:

Took all of 20min to install. Would have been 10min. but I had to drill one hole thru my DF under-tray to secure one side of the bracket to the car. 20min = 20lbs.

Last edited:
weight reduction

Well Mr. weight weenie :tongue:, perhaps this FedEx delivery today will lift me about 20lbs. closer to Godliness :biggrin:

Took all of 20min to install. Would have been 10min. but I had to drill one hole thru my DF under-tray to secure one side of the bracket to the car. 20min = 20lbs.

Now thats a mod I will consider.(as far as weight reduction) Nice...

As Dave mentioned I made a front beam and the numbers someone post up for weight savings is off. It could be 15lbs saved if you go with the procar version. If you go with 4x4 beam it'll only save about 11-12 lbs not 15lbs.

Just wanted you to know so you know what to expect when you do the front beam.

Nice you got your battery already! I'm suppose to get mine on Saturday. I also got the black anodized fixture and I'm glad to see it looks good that way too. I noticed you didn't use the 90 degree brackets for the battery. Does it not work?

Good job with your build.

Last edited:
1K I am concerned about the way you have that battery mounted I posted on the Shorai thread.

Way to go Robert!!! What are the cold cranking amps of that mini-moke??
And weigh the stickers in case you need to delete the red ones...

Last edited:
Way to go Robert!!! What are the cold cranking amps of that mini-moke??
And weigh the stickers in case you need to delete the red ones...
Hi Dennis, how you doin my friend?

The answer to all your questions and more is right HERE

Last edited:
Back