• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Building A New Race NSX @ Driving Ambition

So it looks like you are really trying to get this done for xpo:eek:

Brian Butts, What are you thinking making a statement like that knowing me as well as you do??? If I beat you driving your car while you are in mine do I get to keep the title (you gave me)??:smile::smile::eek::biggrin:

Too Funny!

You can't pay for thinks kind of bantering fun!

I'm just wondering how Kip feels about finally loosing his title? (Fastest NSX that could be registered and driven on the street). Hmmmm . . . . .

You probobly can but they are strictly for race applications as far as I am concerned. They are a whole different beast compared to the stock setup. I would keep your stock setup unless you happen to get to close and catch the go fast addiction like me. Seriously though, they offer better feel, spacing for this setup. Thanks for looking, Kip

can we put those padels system on a street car?
whats the advantage on these?

Re: Nicely done.

That looks like a great setup for some dancing on the pedals. Is he going to use any left foot braking?

Can't wait to see some jaw-dropping racing next year. :cool:

Hey Ted, You and me both.

As far as B.Butts post goes. He has'nt graced us with his almighty presence in so long that his cockyness could not be left unchallenged.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Re: Get off my turf Brian !!

As far as B.Butts post goes. He has'nt graced us with his almighty presence in so long that his cockyness could not be left unchallenged.
Yeah, Brian's got no right coming on here and abusing you. That's my job !! :tongue:

BTW, did he invite you to the Honda hospitality tent at Infineon last weekend? I hope so, because he forgot about me. :mad:

You probobly can but they are strictly for race applications as far as I am concerned. They are a whole different beast compared to the stock setup. I would keep your stock setup unless you happen to get to close and catch the go fast addiction like me. Seriously though, they offer better feel, spacing for this setup. Thanks for looking, Kip
You forgot to mention the loss of a brake booster when going to a pedal assembly like this, GREATLY increasing the pedal pressure -which wouldn't be convenient for most. Not to mention losing about 4-6" of leg room where if you're a tall person, it might not be feasible, and also requiring steering spacers to get the wheel closer to the driver who is now sitting further back.

Hi Billy, Sorry to leave out all of those MINOR details but this post alone took 30 minutes the way I type. I look forward to playing chase with you again in the future. (yes, I mean me TRYING to chase you) Kip

You forgot to mention the loss of a brake booster when going to a pedal assembly like this, GREATLY increasing the pedal pressure -which wouldn't be convenient for most. Not to mention losing about 4-6" of leg room where if you're a tall person, it might not be feasible, and also requiring steering spacers to get the wheel closer to the driver who is now sitting further back.

Last edited:
Hi Billy, Sorry to leave out all of those MINOR details but this post alone took 30 minutes the way I type. I look forward to playing chase with you again in the future. (yes, I mean me TRYING to chase you) Kip
I look forward to it, it has always been a pleasure driving with you. You guys are building a very nice car and I look forward to checking it out in person. Keep up the good work!

Brian Butts, What are you thinking making a statement like that knowing me as well as you do??? If I beat you driving your car while you are in mine do I get to keep the title (you gave me)??:smile::smile::eek::biggrin:

LOLWROTFHMS ! ! ! :eek: :biggrin: :rolleyes:

Of course. I have asked you numerous times to switch and watch you walk away 0.00.3 at a time! But, we never had the chance! Now that you're making all of these changes, I will probably be too tall to fit!!! :mad:

Good Luck with your project - I can't wait to see the finished product!

Ted - As far as Infineon is concerned, I didn't even make it myself, as I was in a wedding. Hopefully you guys had fun if you went. I watched a bit of it on TiVo, but not the entire race.

L8R!

Last edited:
Hi Guys,
Here are some updated pictures of the progress on Kip's race car. Most of the main cage fabrication is done and we are working on all the small stuff. The radiator, front bumper, rear air jacks, and after-cooler radiator is mounted. We started last week on the turbo mounting and headers. Cheers, Shad
IMG_0715small.jpg

IMG_0716small.jpg

IMG_0718small.jpg

IMG_0746small.jpg

IMG_0748small.jpg

Looks amazing Shad!

amazing :eek:

Update,
We have most of the turbo exhaust system done, wastegate mounted and muffler system built. We are working on the after-cooler system now. Cheers, Shad

Attachments

• IMG_0779small.jpg
    IMG_0779small.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 813
  • IMG_0787small.jpg
    IMG_0787small.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 809
  • IMG_0788small.jpg
    IMG_0788small.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 724
  • IMG_0794small.jpg
    IMG_0794small.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 690
  • IMG_0795small.jpg
    IMG_0795small.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 685
Last edited:
amazing progress on an amazing build. i love the detail that is going into this build. i only wish i thought of it! i hope to one day take on a similar project. the welding done is amazing. i thought some of my welding/fabrication was good, but :eek:

Update,
All of the turbo system fabrication is done. We have some other small projects to finish before paint and are waiting for the SCCA pro racing travel tech to get some free time to come by and check the build. Cheers, Shad

Attachments

• IMG_0823small.jpg
    IMG_0823small.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 683
  • IMG_0826small.jpg
    IMG_0826small.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 800
  • IMG_0837small.jpg
    IMG_0837small.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 671
  • IMG_0844small.jpg
    IMG_0844small.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 807
  • IMG_0846small.jpg
    IMG_0846small.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 660
Hi Everyone,
I thought I would post some info about the new race car we are building in house for Kip Olson. We started with his very clean and low miles 1991 NSX (Sorry Brandon, Yes we did use his car). It took about 40 hours to strip the car down to bare chassis. Another 20 plus hours to remove all of the unneeded chassis sheet metal (trunk, dash, etc.) Then it took about 5 days at the paint stripper to get all of the under coating and most of the seal sealer off. When we started to do the roll cage the chassis weighed only 374 lbs. My personal goal it to get this NSX as close to 2200 lbs (without driver or fuel) as we can. Here are some pictures of the progress and I will post some more of the construction. Cheers, Shad

Update,
Well we just sent the chassis off to get it painted. The total chassis weight after all of the fabrication work was 551 lbs. an increase of 177 lbs. We wanted to keep it under 200 lbs. Hopefully next week we will start to assemble everything and get it on track by the first of next month. Cheers, Shad

Attachments

• IMG_0951small.jpg
    IMG_0951small.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 569
  • IMG_0952small.jpg
    IMG_0952small.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 688
  • IMG_0954small.jpg
    IMG_0954small.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 704
  • IMG_0966small.jpg
    IMG_0966small.jpg