• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

California Duster?

The FAQ mentions this product but does not give a recomendation as to use it or not? My friend with the C5 Vette, swears by the california duster to keep his car looking freshly detailed. It does look good, but I am wary of running a brush across the dusty finish of my car. Does anyone have thoughts on this product? Thanks much.

Kevin;

I've used one for the last five years and been totally satisified. I only use it to dust the car after sitting in the garage. When used with a light touch it doesn't leave swirl marks. I believe the duster is treated with a wax product that can be reapplied. I chose to replace it after a couple of years.

I don't think I would try and remove road film with it. And if you NSX is like mine the black soot that builds around the back of the car after driving is probably better cleaned by washing or a detail spray.

I use my California Duster to lightly dust my car every day, mainly to keep the dust from building and to limit the amount of dust that sticks when the marine layer rolls in.

In other words, I wouldn't use it to clean but as more of a preventative care type of thing...it helps reduce the amount of effort needed with each cleaning and may buy you an extra week before you feel the need to fully wash your car again. In fact, I will not use it on my car if it visibly shows caked on dirt (and I certainly won't use it on bird droppings or tree sap...those I will immediately wash by real means).

BTW, I do use mine to take the soot off the back bumper.

I still wash my car once a week...though I didn't have time last weekend.
frown.gif

------------------
--akira3D ('00 NSX-T red/black #113)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 04 June 2001).]

Well, I went ahead and got the california duster and I have to say I am pleased with the results. I can bring the car to a showroom shine in about 2 mins, I would reccomend this to anyone. I will mention however that the car has been freshly waxed (2 coats of Zymol) so that may help with the dust removal. If you have a dark colored car, this is a must have. Take care.

Kevin;

Back