• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Calling ALL San Diego NSXers!!!!

So it's been a little while since this thread was posted on. The weather has been amazing the past few days and I was wondering if anyone would be up for a drive sometime soon. Just throwing the idea out there to gather interest :smile:

I'm always up for a drive, even if it means going down to San Diego:biggrin:. I had a great time on the last drive down there. Maybe this time the wife will come, especially if she knows you'll be there:smile:.

Let's make it happen!!!!!!!

I am working with Randy on a meet to do a drive & a slide show/video/stories of NSX Fiesta for the SD folks who did not go to Japan. As you may know, Randy and Conrad went to Japan Fiesta and I think its great if they're willing to share the experience with us.

my company,(right off I-15 and Carrol Canyon rd) has a conference room(sits 12 + standing easy 20+ total) that has video equipment so we can easily do a show-and-tell and then go for a drive. If we do it right, Miramar karting is close by and we can duel it out again.

Timing wise, its gonna be after superbowl for the meet. Any other NSXers who went to Japan Fiesta and would like to share their experience please let me know....Conrad? :wink: do you have pix/video that you can share with us?

Perhaps we can go for a drive before this date to find a route.

Tim

List for the test drive on 2/5/11 around 1pm
1. liftnot
2. BryziNSX
3. Abe Froman
4. Ella'sDaddy

I am working with Randy on a meet to do a drive & a slide show/video/stories of NSX Fiesta for the SD folks who did not go to Japan. As you may know, Randy and Conrad went to Japan Fiesta and I think its great if they're willing to share the experience with us.

my company,(right off I-15 and Carrol Canyon rd) has a conference room(sits 12 + standing easy 20+ total) that has video equipment so we can easily do a show-and-tell and then go for a drive. If we do it right, Miramar karting is close by and we can duel it out again.

Timing wise, its gonna be after superbowl for the meet. Any other NSXers who went to Japan Fiesta and would like to share their experience please let me know....Conrad? :wink: do you have pix/video that you can share with us?

Perhaps we can go for a drive before this date to find a route.

Tim

Hi Tim, I would be happy to share my photos and videos. Randy and I have to get together so I can give him all my photos and videos. (I need to figure out a way to strip the audio from one of those videos. I got a little too excited during one awesome moment!) I won't have the time to go through them so it would probably be best for him to sort through it. :)

I have a collection of about 104GB of pictures and videos from that trip. I probably have around 6GB more that is still unaccounted for... so Randy has his work cut out for him. :D

Randy, that's okay right? :tongue::biggrin:

--Conrad

2/5/11 is coming up. Weather is awesome! Time to shakedown your car:biggrin:

Lets meet at vons off Scripps Parkway/15 @ 1pm.
I am thinking going up to Highland Valley > Ramona > Julian(regroup)> 79 >8
It shouldn't take more the 3hrs for this drive consider we'll face some traffic Sat. afternoon.

If you have another route in mind, plz speak up soon. Palomar is another option but I don't know it well.

Randy/Conrad, plz let us know when the slideshow/video is ready so we can plan the next drive.

See you soon....GO PACKERS!!!!

TIM

The cold front today may bring some light snow in the higher elevations, so it's possible it may be a bit sketchy up there in Palomar next week. I'd recommend avoiding it.

The NSX won't be available for this weekend. Tire problem that can't be solved in time. :(

I'll try to make it out there in another car.

Bummer...Hope everything works out with the tire issue getting fixed soon though! Hope to see you out there, regardless of what car you come out in, it'll be good to see you and everyone else coming out for a nice day's drive. :biggrin:

Good drive on Saturday. :)

IMG_9585.JPG

Saturday was such a great day for a drive. Thanks for leading the way, Randy & Tim. The next meet will have a great drive planned-for sure.

(Thanks for posting the pic too!) :biggrin:

It was a beautiful day for a drive on Highland Valley and there was a F40 doing the shakedown:smile: as well.

We are planning for another Sat. drive with a Show&Tell NSX Fiesta slide show and a Mini GP at Miramar Indoor Speed Circuit.

We need a min. of 8 people for the GP or max of 20 in order to have everyone race in the same group. They allow only 10 cars max. on the track at one time.

The cost for the Mini GP is $70/person. You'll get 10 min. of Qualification, 10 min. of Semi-Final and 10 min. of Final. The cost does not include any food or refreshments but is avail. on site.

The Regular GP is $85/person with 12/12/15 min. split instead of 10/10/10 split for the Mini.

AS of today, 3/5 is booked from 11-4pm, 3/12 is open after 2pm, 3/19 on is open.

Lets start with 3/12 at 3pm and see how many FIRM commitments we have. We don't need a deposit to secure a spot. You are paying direct to the track but we do need a firm head count so I can reserve our spot before its gone.

Come and sign up San Diego....don't back out....don't be a flake:biggrin:...Join the fun!
You don't have to do the karting thing. You are welcome for the drive and the slideshow.

Tim & Randy & Bryana will work on the rest...Stay tuned!

Last edited:
I can't believe you guys saw an F40:mad:I'm in for the next event! Nice pic of B's gray NSX. Look how bummed the guy in the Porsche is because he doesn't have one!

-M

Would love to see the Fiesta slide show and do the karting, but the 12th is out for me because my son is competing with his team at the san diego regional robotics competition that weekend. http://www.sandiegoregional.com/

Put me on the list for the 19th if that date works out best for everyone. I'll get it started:

March 19 Signup, Slide show, Drive and Karting:

1. tbNSX
2. (your name here)

Back