• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Can anyone in the pittsburgh area take a look at a car for me?

I've been lurking for a while now, and am finally truly on the hunt for an NSX.
However, I can't really take time off work short of flying out to actually purchase a car.

This one has caught my eye, and I've been talking with the owner for a bit about its service history. He hasn't sent any high res pictures though, so I'm hesitant to go through with it or put a deposit down before at least someone else checks it out with an opinion.

Are there any pittsburgh area primers who'd be willing to check it out for me? I'll paypal you for gas, or whatever the standard usually is...

Love to help but Pittsburg is a bit of a ride. Good luck. Hopefully you get some good pics or someone nearby to take a look.

Where exactly is the car located? I'm in Morgantown, WV, if the seller is willing to meet halfway (Washington, PA), I could take a look. Also, if you need a PPI, Spitzer Acura has 2 NSX Master Techs.

Hey, I'm in Pittsburgh and will gladly take a look at it for you. This may even be the one that's about two blocks away from me. Send a PM.
-Tom

I sent him a PM last weekend. The seller seems like a nice guy trying to give professional tennis a shot and is juggling priorities, wanting to raise some money to finance his travels. Good luck to both seller and shoppers and eventual buyer!

Thanks a ton for all the offers to check it out, and insight from people who saw the car.

I ended up making an offer, and after working through some title issues, I now own the car.
Driving home was insane. Couldn't stop laughing and smiling. I've got the door panels off, and am putting new speakers/a headunit in as I type.

New tires done, Tint removed, headunit/speakers in progress, then putting cats back on, then polishing/buffing/waxing, then back to Canada!

This car is amazing...

Last edited:
congratulations! If you are canadian I'm sure your know that there is a strong owners club chapter of our nsxca.Of course there always seems to be the porsche threat.:wink:

Fantastic and congrats. Hope my info helped. Seller seemed like a good guy. Assuming you came to get It, should have let me know you were in town, I would have liked to see 'your' new car on the street and had an Iron City and primanti bros sandwich with ya, I've only seen the car at the local vintage Grand Prix parked on a golf course. Please keep us up to date on your status and post pics throughout the process so we can enjoy the ride too.

May want to quickly order some window thingies while you got the door panels off! Those or Hugabugas are going into my eventual NSX.

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produ...ce_products/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/window_repair/

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95474

http://nsxprime.com/wiki/Hugabuga

Congrats from Pittsburgh!

Looks like I do need those - my plastic parts are pretty cracked.

edit: nevermind... it looked like the regulators were upgraded to the newer style. The plastic part is still a little cracked, but it's surrounded my metal on all sides. Should be fine?

On a side note, I was driving down 579 today in NJ and passed another black nsx. I've never seen any nsx's around here. Huge coincidence.

Last edited:
Congrats ! Did you remove the rear hatch tint? I kept mine (for fear of damaging the rear defroster strips) and had the side and front tint removed, and then re-tinted to my State's legal specs

Congrats ! Did you remove the rear hatch tint? I kept mine (for fear of damaging the rear defroster strips) and had the side and front tint removed, and then re-tinted to my State's legal specs

Removed the tint from all the windows. It was like wearing sunglasses at all times. Pain in the ass. Took so much goo-gone to get the glue off, and someone holding the hatch up since the struts are shot.

been pulling all nighters. Finished the door panel speakers and put the doors back together this morning. Also re-sprayed the gunmetal trim pieces.

nzRue.jpg

clarion nav unit is going in now. I was worried about the ccu, but... it was replaced ~1.5 years ago! Nice surprise to see everything properly maintained.

Good work ! I had the seller remove the tint for me before I came down to see the car. I think I'll leave the Hatch tint, for now. What are you doing sound-wise? Did you get the dash piece for Nav, or doing custom dash work. Next for me is Clear Bra, sound will be soon to follow

Back