• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Can someone explain this pic?

If you look closely, I think there is a passenger in the NSX while the F-body cars are driven solo. Anyway, I challenge anyone to take their stock, 12 year old car to the track and compete against my 91 NSX. I'll show you exactly how much speed money buys
wink.gif

Originally posted by Timbo:
As lame as it is when someone insults another car unjustly, its equally lame when people get all upset or feel "dissed" over some minor dig at their car.

Lame? I don't feel "dissed" cause some punk made a dig at my NSX. I am pissed because, as a Mustang owner, this is how us muscle car enthusiasts get stereotyped as immature, dim-witted, testosterone-pumping, rednecking pricks. I would be just as upset if a fellow NSXer made a similarly idiotic remark about another vehicle.

If that is lame in your eyes, so be it.

<font size=1>

[This message has been edited by PHOEN$X (edited 31 January 2003).]

Originally posted by PHOEN$X:
Anyway, I challenge anyone to take their stock, 12 year old car to the track and compete against my 91 NSX.

I'll take that challenge.

Of course, my stock, 12 year old car is another '91 NSX.
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
rolleyes.gif

So these are ALL just upset and dissed:
(snip list)

No, those are all very humorous. I was responding to your statement that "all I see is a bunch of joking and laughing going on, and no one getting upset."

You didn't see ANYONE getting upset, while I count roughly 50/50 amused/upset ratio. Again, your funny bone is alot more ticklish than mine if you thought EVERYONE was joking up there.

How about if I rephrase: "Hey guys, although many of you see the humor here, it seems some are taking this as an insult. Lighten up, its just a joke!" Better?

I would bet that at least some of those posts made 3,387 of our 3,389 forum members laugh.

That's an understatement. The ones you posted were 100% pure humor, and I can't see anyone disagreeing w/ that. My original beef was more w/ the quotes I posted than the quotes you posted. Was that unclear?

Of course, those are the 3,387 forum members who have a sense of humor.

I thought the original pic was hilarious, and couldnt see how anyone took offense. And now I have no sense of humor? This is getting rough!

Timbo, you're the one who apparently needs to understand that the rest of us are already laughing. Lighten up - and make it 3,388.

Again, I counted 50/50 amused/upset. Thought 100/0 should be more like it, and now I'm the grinch. Well, here's hoping this thread dies off before I'm voted off the island completely...

[This message has been edited by Timbo (edited 31 January 2003).]

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
I'll take that challenge.

Of course, my stock, 12 year old car is another '91 NSX.
biggrin.gif

Ken, you are ruthless! Given your track experience, the only way I'd take you is with beginner's luck...

Oh wait...let me fire up my Photoshop and put a Lambo in the back and post it on their site....DORKS. The Exotic Class must have just caught up to the Firebird Class on lap day.

------------------
Todd E. Williams
'94 NSX Berlina Black/Black

I would just like to know the exact manufacturer and size of the rims on your green nsx. I just bought a 95 nsx-t (green)
i want to keep the original wheels but really want a 5 star 3 piece if possible to find a good deal.

Back