• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

can we still buy a bbsc

As it happens....

I just removed my bbsc from my car. it is probably the best documented one on nsxprime (just look under my username and threads in the FI section). I'm going to try the twin turbo SOS setup for a while. I've had 7 very very satisfactory years with my bbsc. no complaints.

mine (which will be listed in the for sale section as soon as i pick it up for photos) has the aftercooler option, and the aftercooler is already tapped for methanol injection, for more fun and safety.

if you can pick up local in phoenix you'd be welcome to. But it will require a front mount heat exchanger (sold via SOS or you can fab your own like i did) and your method of choice for engine control (i used the FIC...now going with full stand-alone AEM).

$4500 obo at this point. I put down 438 rwhp for a long, long long time with this kit. I can also get you any size pulley for any level of boost you want. currently there's a 9.8psi pulley on there.

BBSC=Basch Boost Supercharger, Mark Basch made a limited amount of them early/mid 2000's. He has not made or sold any for quite a few years. It is based off a Paxton Novi 1000 or 2000. The standard model is basically a SC, driveshaft, brackets, pulleys, and SS box for fuel management. No headers or anything on the exhaust side has to be modified. The upgraded version had an aftercooler also. Most people have changed to an AEM ECU due to problems with the SS box. It is a pretty good system when tuned properly. Most replacement maintenance parts have been souced and are available. I think most of the people still running them are fairly happy.

Yeah i'd join the very happy group. Bang for the buck... can't be beat. especially considering in 2001 what else could you do? CTSC, very reliable, but 70 rwhp for $12k? too bad the aem wasn't used originally (along with a competent tuner). If i'd had UMS/aem back then (2003) when i had it installed... i could have avoided 2 years of tuning hassles with mark and the SSbox.

I am very happy with my. I have had a few issues but, still the best bang for the buck. I am putting down 410 whp with the other bolt ons at 7 psi of boost. I must have spent about 4500-$5000 total with kit AEM EMS and tuning and went from 271 whp all motor to 410 whp at 7 psi.

Back