• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Can't stand people

Vancehu said:
Is that so? Have fun attacking me, let the peole on the forum be the judge.

Don't take it as an attack, it really isn't.
Just explaining and showing how words can be taken in so many different ways.. The levity introduced was simply to lighten up the situation, You are not even close to being the only person to have this type of interaction and to post it on the board..

I was just trying to see why it's necessary to react in this way.. Nothing more.

Simply giving an alternative view.
As far as judging, read what people are posting, peel back the layers and you will see what some are saying.
Heck, I don't know, you could be right, I could be wrong.

Brocz said:
I like Len, his posts always strike a chord with me. Must be a 95 T owner thing.

Good posts, thanks Prime....

It's a 95T Midwest thing.....:wink:
Thanks, glad I am not on everyone's ignore list.

Hmmmm, and you don't think "17 year old ricers" don't gaulk at mkiv supras???? You're all over the board with this one mate.

I am older and still consider skylines cool:biggrin: I sure am glad I sold me ole 94 mkiv blk/blk hardtop 6-speed( singled )shortly after the release of the first f&f movie. Can you imagine how silly I would look driving it at the ripe age of 43?????????

Even as a small child I lusted at Ferrari's Porches, Mercedes and even Pantera's. Don't judge.:cool:

Vandetta said:
Ask him if he'd take his STI / EVO etc over an NSX and see what he says.

EVO's / STI's are for boys (17 year old ricers gauk at them).

NSX's are for grown MEN (WOMEN gauk at them).

Ask him which would he rather on his jock :tongue:

When you get a little older, you realize Civics, WRX's, Skylines aren't the coolest cars on the road. You're opened up to the world of Porsches, Ferrari's, Lotus', NSX's, etc...

I get mocked by a guy that think he's really good at tunning civics and the like. i used to do the tunner market a few years back but my cars never looked like "ricers" always ran faster than stock and a lot cleaner looking. like my type-r in the avatar. His cars he built always ran slower? but he's still talking about how i wasted my money w/ a slow car. i guess he doesn't see the blower and all the upgraded parts on the car. i don't care what other people think.

Brocz said:
I like Len, his posts always strike a chord with me. Must be a 95 T owner thing.

Good posts, thanks Prime....

Maybe I should get my old 95 back, probably should have kept it..lol It's all good, as long as we understand each other.

Hey, I just got my 95 T and I got it from the midwest in K.C.

I think some kids have bad attitudes and aren't worth the time. I think some car owners take themselves too seriously. I think I love my NSX-T.

That's all I have to say about that...

b

Next time you can tell a kid to read fiction poetry, and tell him this:

A fox looked at a bunch of grapes on a vine and decided to fetch them. After trying 3 times to jump high enough to attain them, he gave up, and stated "they are surely sour anyway". Many people hate what they cannot attain.

most of us have the mens to purchse most cars $110k and lower. Why did we choose the NSX? Clean lines, true. The history of the car, true. Most of us purchased this car to be anti-crowd. Alot of euro sports car guys are egg heads. I didn't want to be associted with that whole scene.

I bought my car because it is rare, well made, easily moded and handles like a true sports car. The balance is beutiful, it makes you want to learn how to drive better. It allows you the freedom to push the car without loosing the rear end(porche), and I am not afraid to drive my car 5 days in a row(ferrari).

NSX91 said:
I can't stand people saying how the nsx is slower than this car and that car. They tell me i should have bought an evo or something. I just tell them that they don't get it.:smile:

If your around a bunch of young magazine racers that just go on the hp figures in magazines, then yes the Nsx is a inferior car to a Camaro, Z28, Mustang, etc crap car.

The only way to convince them otherwise, is to take them for a drive.

Rallywrc said:
Hmmmm, and you don't think "17 year old ricers" don't gaulk at mkiv supras???? You're all over the board with this one mate.

I am older and still consider skylines cool:biggrin: I sure am glad I sold me ole 94 mkiv blk/blk hardtop 6-speed( singled )shortly after the release of the first f&f movie. Can you imagine how silly I would look driving it at the ripe age of 43?????????

Even as a small child I lusted at Ferrari's Porches, Mercedes and even Pantera's. Don't judge.:cool:

I know what you're saying. I wasn't saying this for ALL owners of WRX's EVO's etc... You're right about the Supra too...everytime I drive it, I get attention from ricers etc... The NSX draws a different crowd but alot of the drag racer / street racer crowd don't seem to be too drawn to it whatsoever. When I'm in the Supra, everyone wants to streetrace, in the NSX, I get a thumbs up. DOn't get me wrong everyone, I like STI's and EVO's. A good friend has a white EVO with a T67 turbo on it and that thing is badass. There are bad apples in all car groups.

Unfortunately, I too get the same reactions with younger crowds...With questions like "Why spend all that money on an NSX when you can supe-up a EG hatchback and make it go twice as fast?" Or "It's a nice car, but it's slow...It only has 276hp." I heard it all and seen it all....But what people fail to comprehend is what the car's capabilities are, it's history, the intelligent technology behind it. It's really a car for an intelligent person.
I quit arguing with people in trying to defend why I purchased it. It all just sums up to ignorace...Therefore I just laugh in their face when they make comments on the NSX....Then I tell them to read up on it before they make another retarded comment.
For all Vette, Sti, Evo and people who own cars that come dime a dozen....Great! Drive your bargain around and be proud that you're just like everyone else. There's a reason why there are only few NSX owners around. We have the intelligence most people lack. Although we own automobiles with $100K price tag...It's hand-built to perfection, F1 engineered, tested by the "Greatest", Holds super-car status, and remained solid for over a decade, while all others went through vast changes. How's that for a bargain??
It's useless arguing with fools......Next??

i agree with some of the people here. i get approached by people who say my nsx is slower than other cars but i dont go busting out SAYING HEY IM 25 I GOT MY FIRST HOUSE AT 24 THEN 6 MONTHS LATER I GOT ANOTHER AND JUST BROUGHT A 465000 6BR 3 BATH MINI MANSION THAT YOU CAN PARK EVERYBODY CAR IN YOUR FAMILY IN MY BACKYARD WITH MY NSX! NOO IF YOU LET PEOPLE GET TO YOU BY SAYING YOUR CAR IS NOT FASTER THAN STI THEN YOU ARE NOT READY FOR A NSX THAT WAS HARSH. HERE IS WHAT YOU TELL THEM WHO CANT UNDERSTAND WHY YOU BROUGHT A SLOWER CAR ... '' DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS YOUNGSTER''

bandit said:
i agree with some of the people here. i get approached by people who say my nsx is slower than other cars but i dont go busting out SAYING HEY IM 25 I GOT MY FIRST HOUSE AT 24 THEN 6 MONTHS LATER I GOT ANOTHER AND JUST BROUGHT A 465000 6BR 3 BATH MINI MANSION THAT YOU CAN PARK EVERYBODY CAR IN YOUR FAMILY IN MY BACKYARD WITH MY NSX! NOO IF YOU LET PEOPLE GET TO YOU BY SAYING YOUR CAR IS NOT FASTER THAN STI THEN YOU ARE NOT READY FOR A NSX THAT WAS HARSH. HERE IS WHAT YOU TELL THEM WHO CANT UNDERSTAND WHY YOU BROUGHT A SLOWER CAR ... '' DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS YOUNGSTER''

Uh, what?

bandit said:
'' DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOLKS YOUNGSTER''

That's true.

I had anchovies on my caesar salad last night at dinner. Needless to say that I was the only one at the table who ordered the salad that way. :smile:

dnicho05 said:
Well duh, the EVO is a 4 seater, and the NSX is a 2 seater. :wink:
LOL!

I don't think Vance did anything wrong at all. The guy at the parts desk clearly had an attitude problem and needed to be put in his place. I don't think I would have even been as nice. Almost all of the people who criticize the NSX this way, especially Camaro owners, can never afford one. To me, the criticism of my car from someone who is bitter because they can't even begin to imagine purchasing an NSX is worthless.

Well, it's a great country and, as far as I know, everyone is entitled to their opinions. I saw some high school classmates recently some of whom have been buying muscle cars. A good friend has a late 1950s, 5000#, 21 foot long, white Cadillac convertible. We exchanged rides in each others' cars. His Cadillac did nothing for me but I was happy for him to have what he dreamed of - given our ages, it must have been a high school dream :redface:

My NSX apparently did nothing for him either. There you have it from another age group.

Last edited:
NSX91 said:
I can't stand people saying how the nsx is slower than this car and that car. They tell me i should have bought an evo or something. I just tell them that they don't get it.:smile:

Shoot them. Just shoot them.

bandit said:

Wow....this escalated quickly.

The Kid said:
I drive an 05 EVO and shockingly, I pull more chicks in my EVO than in my NSX.

Well, that is just because you are a pimp. :cool:

The following statements (and more) were actually addressed to my NSX and most of them concern about how slow the NSX is:

"I used to like the NSX, it's a classic."
"Too much and too slow for 90k"
“Whaaaat? 90k for a Honda!”
"EVO, STi, C5 or C6 blows it away."
“Oh, you have a poor man Ferrari.”
“It was designed in the late 80’s.”
“It has less power than my mom’s Lexus.”
“I’d rather get a Porsche if I have to pay that much.”

The list can go on forever. As far as responding to the NSX is too slow, I usually tell them by saying, “My NSX is not for speed, my other car is :wink: .”

Taj said:
The following statements (and more) were actually addressed to my NSX and most of them concern about how slow the NSX is:

"I used to like the NSX, it's a classic."
"Too much and too slow for 90k"
“Whaaaat? 90k for a Honda!”
"EVO, STi, C5 or C6 blows it away."
“Oh, you have a poor man Ferrari.”
“It was designed in the late 80’s.”
“It has less power than my mom’s Lexus.”
“I’d rather get a Porsche if I have to pay that much.”

The list can go on forever. As far as responding to the NSX is too slow, I usually tell them by saying, “My NSX is not for speed, my other car is :wink: .”

Just shoot them.

Back