• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Car Stolen!!!!

Hey guys we are all on the same side here. I would have to say that it is highly unlikely for a thief to try to sell parts off a stolen NSX. With only 8000 or so in the country, NSX's are rare and not desirable to steal for salvaging. It is much more likely the thief stole the vehicle for a joy ride as this happened to my friends 300ZX when parked in the city. The thief was just driving it like it was his and the car was eventually recovered parked on the street with no missing parts and all of the thief's personal belongings including his name and address. So people aren't always that smart even though they know how to steal cars. It is probable that you will recover your car with nothing more than the stereo and or wheels missing. How would he know what a GT-ROM exhaust is or where to sell it for that matter? Unless he's an NSX savvy crook, which I would like to say is also unlikely. Just to be safe, keep an eye peeled on craigslist and ebay.

whats that suppose to mean? It takes a few days for a for sale post to be approved. If your in St. Louis Mo what the hell are you doing in this forum?

First of all, i didn't mean anything negative. I meant exactly what i typed, ITS A COINCIDENCE. If jesus had an nsx stolen hours after he posted his car stuff for sale i would have typed the same thing. I don't know you, but i feel sorry for what ever loss you are going thru. Save all the huffin for them cats that got your ride.

What the hell am i doing in this forum? I have my browser set to view new post, for parts and car being stolen showed up at the same time.

Last edited:
sojusoulja,

sorry duke, i will keep an eye for your car as well from the south bay. by the way, i forgot to ask jimbo this question last time his car got stolen.
did you guys have the oem alarm system install on your cars?

i was looking at your ad posted on the classified section and stumble to this thread. hope you can recover your car soon.

wow
sorry to hear about your car.

i'll keep an eye out for yah.

Hey does anyone know what year the immobilizer system started.

and does it acutually make it harder to steal a car?
i think it was 97 :confused:
someone pls correct me if i'm wrong

sorry to hear that bro. even if you have a quick rlse wheel, the thieves will do anything to steal yr car. a tow truck can even work like a charm...

good luck though !

thanks for the support fellas,

Car was found at 1850 Pacheco...nothing was stoeln except for laptop and Sunglasses. Theives even left me a little candy!!!

They didn't really put that many miles on it either.

The insurance agent approved all the things I listed so the car is coming back better than before!

Props to Chow's automotive.

Car was found at 1850 Pacheco...nothing was stoeln except for laptop and Sunglasses. Theives even left me a little candy!!!

The insurance agent approved all the things I listed so the car is coming back better than before!

Awesome! It's good to see things worked out and you are back in the driver's seat. Now forget about selling and just drive it. :wink:

I read through this entire thread in one sitting and am so glad that it worked out for you! So, I suppose you learned a few things, eh? Like NEVER leave your laptop in your car. I say that because my whole business is basically on my laptop, so ignore it if it seems trivial. But also, of course, I'm sure you'll get some kind of alarm system or that Lo-Jack that folks are talking about. If you opt for the Lo-Jack, call your local law enforcement agencies to make sure they are using the system. I thought about getting one some time ago, and found out that the cops in this area don't use it.

I hope you gave your car a nice big hug! I hope this never happens to you, or anyone for that matter, ever again! :) The first thing I wanted to do when I had a car stolen was find the thief (or thieves) and bust their kneecaps. :mad: Do you feel that way too?

I am pretty mad...i think they have a master key or something because the key hole nor ignition was damaged.

either way if I decide to keep the car it will always be garaged at night...along with quick release steering hub and lock and alarm

Great to hear your NSX is recovered with no damage. Laptop is much easier to replace except for the data. If you suspect they have a master key, perhaps you may want to change out the locks in addition to the other security measure that you mentioned earlier (but that will be expensive).

good to hear that you got your car back safely.

a master key? wth...that means that key can get into everyone's NSX? that's a scary thought...

I might have to get those steering wheel thingie.

Great to hear your NSX is recovered with no damage. Laptop is much easier to replace except for the data. If you suspect they have a master key, perhaps you may want to change out the locks in addition to the other security measure that you mentioned earlier (but that will be expensive).

Getting the lock replaced will cost less than replacing the car. Heck...insurance may even help you out with that so they can minimize the likelihood of having to pay out a claim down the road to replace the entire car!

I would surely be checking out anyplace you have it serviced, or that you leave keys with. They had to get a key somewhere, unless they just wrote down your VIN and went to a dealership to have it cut. Heck...they may have a friend there. I know that is why ALL of my VIN tags are covered on my cars. I trust noone.

Congrats! I am glad your baby is back home to you! Take care of here...she has been through a traumatic experience. ;)

Getting the lock replaced will cost less than replacing the car. Heck...insurance may even help you out with that so they can minimize the likelihood of having to pay out a claim down the road to replace the entire car!

I would surely be checking out anyplace you have it serviced, or that you leave keys with. They had to get a key somewhere, unless they just wrote down your VIN and went to a dealership to have it cut. Heck...they may have a friend there. I know that is why ALL of my VIN tags are covered on my cars. I trust noone.

I agree with you. I do cover my VIN but was told by a police officer when I was pulled over that I could get a ticket for that. Either way car will be going up for sale soon.

I guess my parts will be givin first priorities to locals.

replacing the locks wont do much but cost you money... Anyone with a locksmith pick set can pick the locks on the door. Its not all that difficult. :eek: Also, yes I imagine there are master keys for Acuras as well.

Glad to know your car is back! congratz!

Lo Jack is a nice thing to have, it lets me sleep at night. Especialy here in Vegas which is one of the top places in the U.S. to have your car stolen. The Metro PD have a lojack tracker in their helicopter to find it. The newer lo jack also has a small transponder on your keychain, so if your car is moved without that transponder in vicinity of the car it will call your cell phone, house phone, email. And it will tel you to check your car because it has been moved withou authorization. It is sensitive enought that when I take it in to ACURA my cell phone goes off everytime they jack it up on a lift.

SF has a horrible auto theft problem.

The other day I saw with a note taped to the rear window of someone's Civic:

"THERE IS NOTHING VALUABLE IN THIS CAR. PLEASE DO NOT BREAK MY WINDOW."

I can't believe the locks would be master keyed.
There is no reason for them to be that way.

Master keying is done in pin tumbler locks by having
pins split in several places. Car locks use wafer tumblers,
which don't lend themselves to master keying like pins do.

The locks could well have been picked by the thief,
a totally separate issue from whether they are master keyed.

Back