• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Caravan from Seattle to Vegas NSXPO!!!

I want to stay for SEMA on Tuesday at least, and then head home that night. I am hoping to get about 6 or 7 hours of driving in after SEMA that night. I don't know if I'll make it back to Boise though.

What day are you guys planning to head back?
I wanted to stay for SEMA but I don't think that's going to happen.

I'd probably leave Sunday... make it back for Monday afternoon possibly.

I am in Klamath falls, on the way down I can meet you guys up off i5 or if your going through K falls to reno > to vegas. Spend the night at my place if needed. I have to check my school schedule though but I am almost positive I can get the time off. I probably want to leave sunday noonish.

I am starting this thread early, but I think it's better early than later.
It will be a long drive so lots of planning is needed if we are going to get there as a group. I have 4 walkie talkie (headset) radios to spead out for communication.
Any input is welcome!
The Caravan list:

1. NA1/2-R GT (+1)
2. NSX #75 (+1)
3. Fowler (?)
4. your name

For now I can only come up with the meeting location and time:

* Starting out at Westfields' Shopping mall parking lot (south of Bahama Breeze)
* Departing Tuesday 6:30 pm sharp?
It's a 19 hours drive via Idaho or 21 hours drive via northern CA. So somewhere half way there we can stop for rest (hotel). If our goal is to get there Wednesday night then this plan should give us enough time.
*.....???? input

When: Wednesday, Oct. 27-Monday Nov. 1 (*10/27 is early-registration)

Thursday, Oct. 28
Registration
Morning breakfast
Go Karting
Social Dinner
Poker tournament

Friday, Oct. 29
Breakfast
Tech sessions
Lunch
Car show
Dinner

Saturday, Oct. 30
Breakfast
Cars & Coffee meet
Scenic drive
Photo sessions
Lunch
Banquet dinner

Sunday, Oct. 31
HPDE day 1 at Spring Mountain
Breakfast
Scenic drive
Lunch

Monday, Nov. 1
HPDE day 2 at Spring Mountain
Optional guided tours

Hi guys, you might want to go the Canadian thread, based on I beileve there are some from Vancouver Island and Vancouver that are driving down, that would love to join up with you guys. I am going to fly down so I can get back on the 30th to be with my kids for Halloween.. See you all down there!!!!

Shawn

I have started the hunt for an NSX, but I doubt if I would have one by October. If anybody does need a co-driver in October, check with me as I do have several days off over that weekend. Whomever I would ride with would be able to stay with me on Mountain Home Air Force Base - 45 minutes SE of Boise. My son is a F-15E pilot there.

The concern I would have taking the inland route if I was driving is the weather. I've driven in some horrible snowy conditions on I-84 through OR and ID. And I've skied in Colorado in the middle of October. Sometimes we get lucky like the time I drove my M5 back from Florida in the month of January and didn't encounter snow on the road anywhere!

I just booked my room. You can call to get the NSXPO discount rates. I can't wait to go.

I just booked my room. You can call to get the NSXPO discount rates. I can't wait to go.

So who else is still planning to go? I am pretty sure I can't make it, but a certain person here has been bugging me to go anyway.

I think I could do the whole thing for about $1500, which is a lot better than I originally thought.

Not going this year, going to probably be in Arizona, or San Diego at that time.:wink:

I was about to bring this to my wife again the other day when I mentioned going. I got home from work and she was about to lose her mind between the baby and our 3 year old. There was no way I was going to bring it up then.

I also realized that I would miss my youngest son's first halloween. There's just no way I can go. 2 or 3 days I might be able to get away with, but 7 or 8, not a chance.

I drove the NSX to Salt Lake this summer. On the way down a good place to stay is the La Quinta at exit 29 in Idaho. You miss the Boise mess.

Dave

Friends ... who is going from Seattle area? I don't want to drive in snow and ice. Is there a safe route from there?

Safest route would be I-5, that's the route I'm taking. It's a few hours longer drive but I'm stopping at San Francisco for a few days before heading to Vegas.

Friends ... who is going from Seattle area? I don't want to drive in snow and ice. Is there a safe route from there?

If the passes in southern Oregon/northern CA have snow/ice you go to the coast and take highway 101. Slower, but a beautiful drive on a twisty road.

What time are you leaving on Tuesday, and where are you leaving from.

It looks like I-90 thru Snoqualmie Pass is going to snow on Tuesday, so I may end up going this way.

Are you starting in Klammath Falls or somewhere else? I'm trying to figure out what time I would have to leave here to get there on time.

i can't be nsxpo, just came back from ORP, snoqualmie pass is full of slush and standing water. Quite nerve wrecking when I have my bald tires at the back and the front kept skipping and not responding to any or my input.

not sure if the condition will be better or worse.

if you guys weren't driving with bald or R tyres down there, you should be fine. But make sure plan ahead and maybe you should consider taking I-5 on your way back.

Can't make EXPO this year but wanted to provide a safe harbor for any NSX'ers traveling home that might hit bad weather. I live in Pasco and could provide 1 or 2 parking spaces in my garage if you need a place to get out of the weather. Enjoy!

Back