• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Carbon Fiber Center Console

I've decided I will cut to double din specs. You just need to give me the measurements, the exact measurements to the mm or 16th to an inch you want me to cut, because I'll cut it to whatever you tell me. If you want to ship your headunit to me that's fine too.

talk about killer service.

one of my biggest regrets re non-nsx ownership is the inability to buy your awesome cf stuff.

I've always wanted a console that rolled in the double din edges just like the oem does with the AC controls. All double din dimensions should be the same since that's the point of a DIN system right

I've always wanted a console that rolled in the double din edges just like the oem does with the AC controls. All double din dimensions should be the same since that's the point of a DIN system right

Probably most are, but I want it to be as perfect as can be. I could cut to a generic size, but that's not the purpose of the service or really what I want the console to look like in the end.

Maybe someone that works on stereo's a lot can clarify this but I'm almost certain there's differences weather it be a few mm's or a few 16th's of an inch. That's I think also why they come with face plates or that may just be single dins?

Anyways I test fitted my 2nd one for myself. It fits spot on. Production is moving forward. I'm going to try and build up 10 that are uncut and fitted, then start a list of people who want.

I'll post a picture when it's done and clear coated. I'll be cutting this one for only 2x gauges since I'm still undecided what switches and where I want everything to be.

I just got back from "kids day" at watkins glen and all I can say is wow. If you're on the fence about meets and events kids day can't get much better. I made the 6 hour drive and it was well worth it!

Now for the pictures since that's what people are waiting for. Also not seen is the two sides that extend down so that the console also has extra security to stay in place since it slides into the metal brackets on the side of the console. Not like it's going anywhere though since there's zero gap between the sides that plague most consoles.
photo-105.jpg

photo-106.jpg

Looks great. That is nearly identical to my set up with the gauges. I love it.

Thanks everyone. I have 3 people on my list so far. One I've done a lot of carbon work for already, and two other members. I'm going to start the runs shortly. Hopefully in a few weeks I'll have 5x center consoles to cut and ship out for people.

Post here if you're interested or PM me.

Just needs a coin tray and a radio cut out.

I don't troll your products do please show the same curiosity and keep off my threads.

All consoles are custom, but just to reiterate since some people are particularly denser then a solid block of steel the one pictured is my car. I run Bluetooth music, mirrored onto the alpine screen if needed. The coin tray was up in the air but I always hated the fuzz and never used it anyways. That space is now up in the air for whatever your imagination can come up with from a custom android iPhone holder to switches or even just leaving it. You're not per say stuck with a hole you don't know what to do with.

Also I believe downforce makes a console with a coin tray. Maybe you should pick one of them up if you want it do bad?

Just an update.

I've got busy with work. Attended kids day and that set me slightly behind. Also going to a car show Saturday do there's another one of my days off.

I'm reverting to the batches of 5 to try and cut down all the multi steps of finishing a part. I have 1 out of 5 ready this far so expect another 2 weeks out before the batch is ready to trim.

4 of the first batch of 5 are spoken for.

Last edited:
Wow Steve, I am very impress with your work. I hope I'm not too late for this. Please count me in.

Any possibility on getting the NAVpod in CF? I'd be quite interested in a CF NAVpod unit with interior dimensions a hair larger for IPAD mini or Nexus 7 2.

Any possibility on getting the NAVpod in CF? I'd be quite interested in a CF NAVpod unit with interior dimensions a hair larger for IPAD mini or Nexus 7 2.

I originally wanted to do one but just the time and things involved it would just take to long. These consoles are even taking me longer then expected. I do have my own that's a Tamoske and it may go up on the market sometime shortly but still haven't decided that yet either.

First post is going to be updated with the names of people on the list.

Hey you have to hit up Scienceofspeed for the double din or single din brackets I wish I could offer then someday but I don't make metal parts.

No problem, but I mean... for when you cut the hole, you're using the SOS mount to line it up, right?

Everyone's talking about double dins having different dimensions. Maybe we should post up ours? I thought they were all the same.
Clarion - 96mm x 170mm

- - - Updated - - -

No problem, but I mean... for when you cut the hole, you're using the SOS mount to line it up, right?

Everyone's talking about double dins having different dimensions. Maybe we should post up ours? I thought they were all the same.
Clarion - 96mm x 170mm

I have a headunit I need to cut at 172mm x 98mm. But that's the hole size I'm cutting for. I don't know the headunits size. That's the hole size though.

- - - Updated - - -

I just ordered a SOS double din bracket to make sure things will be good. It'll be arriving with my other inner cooling items next week.

Last edited:
Back