• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Carbon Fiber, Kevlar, even Wood grain Finishes for Interior and Exterior Parts

Can you do these? If so, how much for both in a dark carbon fiber?

DSC_00020001-5.jpg

$65 + shipping and 3% if using paypal. If paying by check you wil not need the 3%

Last edited:
cost to do b pillars?

they are about the same size as injector covers

$125 + shipping and 3% if using paypal. If paying by check you wil not need the 3%

Last edited:
This is for refinishing your OEM and/or Aftermarket parts in Carbon Fiber, Kevlar, and Wood Grain finishes.

If your parts have gaskets and hardware on them please remove them before shipping them to me as I do not want to be liable for any gaskets and hardware that may be lost.

All Prices do not reflect shipping or PayPal fee's of 3% if you would prefer to use PayPal. I do except check and your order will be processed once the check clears (may add an additional day). Oversea's and International shipping will be VIA USPS. Discount avaliable for multiple items per order.

Expect a 2-3 week turn around time (this is a variable number and depends on lead time and what project is in que ahead of your item).

For quoting other items reference the sizes to items I have already listed below. Smaller items are about $40 each and larger items are around $60-75 each.

Please feel free to email me at [email protected] if I do not respond to your questions within a day or two. Please add your NSX Prime user name in the subject line of the email so I can coordinate who I have or have not answered.

Finish Coats are PPG in Matte, Satin, and Glossy

NSX Air Box $75
Air_Box_01.jpg

<br>
NSX Gauge Bezel $60
Gauge_Bezel_01.jpg

Gauge_Bezel_02.jpg

Gauge_Bezel_03.jpg

Gauge_Bezel_04.jpg

<br>
NSX Injector Covers $125 pair
Injector_Covers_01.jpg

Injector_Covers_02.jpg

Injector_Covers_03.jpg

<br>
NSX Spark Plug Covers $125 pair
Spark_Plug_Covers_01.jpg

Spark_Plug_Covers_02.jpg

<br>
NSX Alternator Belt Cover $35
Alternator_Cover_01.jpg

<br>
NSX Front Cylinder Head Cover and Fuel Injector Cover both pieces $60
Front_Cylinder_Head_Harness_Cover_01.jpg

Front_Cylinder_Head_Harness_Cover_02.jpg

Fuel_Injector_Cover_01.jpg

Fuel_Injector_Cover_02.jpg

Fuel_Injector_Cover_03.jpg

Assembled Fuel Injector Cover and Front Cylinder Head Cover
Fuel_Injector_Cover_with_Front_Cylinder_Head_Cover_01.jpg

Fuel_Injector_Cover_with_Front_Cylinder_Head_Cover_02.jpg

Last edited:
Wow lookin great!

Hi,

sorry if i sound a bit harsh but although it looks good, i think it is very expensive for only a hot vynil wrap...i mean, the prices are for the wrap service only and is higher in some cases than new CF parts (injector covers example here):
- $140 for wrap or $95 for CF new part (both for the pair)

again, i'm sorry for saying this, and i know that this is another option that becomes available for NSX owners, but i have to say that it costs too much for what it is...

i had to say this....

Nuno

No offense taken. I'm not trying to price gouge anyone also being a customer in the NSX market i would like to see a more competitive market. I'm working on pricing right now and trying to get the best price, but the NSX market is really small. It cost a lot to stop the manufacturing process to do one bezel or plug cover when you have a hundreds of AR-15's and ATV's and other clients waiting in line. The prices I had was showing one off parts and included shipping and handling plus paypal fees. I’m going to restructure the pricing to show actual cost without paypal fees and shipping and handling. A customer would save 15%-20% on each part if they ordered more than one item listed above as the material sqft. cost would be less and set up fees would be removed from additional items (your paying one set up versus multiple). Also shipping would be a lot less with one larger order.

As for the vinyl comment… this product is actually an ink based product. My coating is bonded to plastic, metal, wood via a chemical process and once it touches the surface it bonds permanently. Then it is top coated and sealed with your choice of PPG clear coats (flat, satin, glossy). For comparison the price for an airbox is $75.00 versus the other option of vinyl at $140.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=129759&highlight=s4play

His vinyl product is just another option and the quality looks great too but is not permanent like mine so if you decided to change and can go back if you choose the vinyl route. The higher cost is probably associated to 3M having some sort of sole proprietary distribution. Also my ink coating works very well with the factory NSX dashes material as many of the later models dashes are now peeling and cracking.

As for the C.F. part you linked I have not seen that product first hand or never seen it posted on anyones car on prime so I'm not aware of the quailty. I can say that if you are looking at purchasing from that particular vendor please do a search here on Prime. Here is a link to other Injector covers that cost a lot more and is the typical going rate for injector covers.

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/engine_performance_products/NSX/Cantrell_Concepts/CF_injector_covers/

Second, always check the quality of the parts and where they are coming from. That being said I have not seen the part you listed in the link in person or had a chance to cut it up for a dissection and analysis it (I have actually done this to other vendors parts in the past as I couldn’t see how you could sell a pair of C.F. parts for $100 shipped so I bought them and cut them up.) as C.F. cost about $60 per yard + molding, tooling, and hardners. So unless it is only 1 or 2 layers I would be surprised on the actually make up of the part. I and many others have been scammed by the carbon fiber craze in the automotive industry. There are many manufactures that say C.F. but it may be a C.F. overlay on fiberglass and or made entirely of black fiberglass. I found this out while trimming C.F. pieces for friends in which the part said “bolt on” and “real carbon fiber” but it didn’t fit and needed to be cut. So once I cut it I found areas that did not wet out completely and you could see the composition of the parts 100% fiberglass. Basically, a customer will need to decide if they just want the textured look of C.F. or do they need the weight reduction. The look will only be fractions of the cost of the 100% real deal.

My goal is to provide the NSX community with the highest quality part (as I’m trying to get ISO 9001.08 certification) and make it affordable to everyone. I soon will be finishing in a few months some items I’ve been working on. I working in these following materials 100% C.F. no fiberglass in 6k and 3k weights along with Kevlar, Carbon Kevlar, Aluminum, Chromalloy, and Titanium.

Please feel free to give me anymore constructive criticism.

Last edited:
monthly bump

Can you guys do the glove box, knee bolster, center console in cf?

It's possible but all the leather and vinyl may need to be removed, then you may have to apply a filler to get the material thickness back to the vinyl thickness to make it match existing adjacent panels. I'll check on vinyl and leather. But, most things we have done is a hard coat on a solid surface.

gallery

Last edited:
Latest parts finished

91-94 Airbox ($75) w/ injector covers ($125 pair))
picture.php

91-94 Airbox ($75)
picture.php

Door Bezel ($125 pair) and Handles ($125 pair)
picture.php

Door Handle leather will be rewrapped by owner ($125 pair)
picture.php

Driver Door Bezel ($125 pair)
picture.php

Passenger Door Bezel ($125 pair)
picture.php

Center Vent ($65) and Console ($ varies on custom items)
picture.php

Center Vent ($65)
picture.php

Center Console w/ Custom Radio Bezel ($ varies on custom items)
picture.php

Center Console w/ Custom Radio Bezel ($ varies on custom items)
picture.php

Last edited:
Latest parts finished

91-94 Airbox ($75) w/ injector covers ($125 pair))
picture.php

91-94 Airbox ($75)
picture.php

Door Bezel ($125 pair) and Handles ($125 pair)
picture.php

Door Handle leather will be rewrapped by owner ($125 pair)
picture.php

Driver Door Bezel ($125 pair)
picture.php

Passenger Door Bezel ($125 pair)
picture.php

Center Vent ($65) and Console ($135-$150 varies on custom items)
picture.php

Center Vent ($65)
picture.php

Center Console w/ Custom Radio Bezel ($135-$150 varies on custom items)
picture.php

Center Console w/ Custom Radio Bezel ($135-$150 varies on custom items)
picture.php

Hey bro can you pm me a price for the door bezels and center console in the blue ck we talked about earlier:biggrin:

Hey bro can you pm me a price for the door bezels and center console in the blue ck we talked about earlier:biggrin:

CarbonSamples.jpg

Currently, I'm still looking on how to get the color like the black and blue version that is real carbon kevlar image i posted previously. Right now the better looking one is the silver, black, and blue (top swatch in image above) as the black and blue one (lower swatch in image above) looks different.

Currently, the printed images would be like the image i attached above but with the correct darker blue of your choice. I'll get back to you with cost once i factor in the paint code of your NSX.

Got my parts Joe, they look
great thanks for hooking me up. Ill call you over the
winter to do my navi pod and prolly redo the center console
with gauges in it

thx steve

CarbonSamples.jpg

Currently, I'm still looking on how to get the color like the black and blue version that is real carbon kevlar image i posted previously. Right now the better looking one is the silver, black, and blue (top swatch in image above) as the black and blue one (lower swatch in image above) looks different.

Currently, the printed images would be like the image i attached above but with the correct darker blue of your choice. I'll get back to you with cost once i factor in the paint code of your NSX.

Much appreciated

Hey I sent you an Email and Pm. Please get back to me or Text me at 650-888-8074. I have some work for you. I want to do the:
NSX Gauge Bezel $60
Door Bezel ($125 pair)
Handles ($125 pair)
Console ($135-$150 varies on custom items)
Nav Pod ( Price$ ??)
Also if you can do my Knee bolster and glove box I would like to do those as well.

Hey I sent you an Email and Pm. Please get back to me or Text me at 650-888-8074. I have some work for you. I want to do the:
NSX Gauge Bezel $60
Door Bezel ($125 pair)
Handles ($125 pair)
Console ($135-$150 varies on custom items)
Nav Pod ( Price$ ??)
Also if you can do my Knee bolster and glove box I would like to do those as well.

Hello Please get back to me asap. Thanks

NSX Gauge Bezel $60
Door Bezel $125 pair
Handles $125 pair
Console (varies)
Nav Pod $75

Also if you can do my Knee bolster and glove box I would like to do those as well.(these are leather/vinyl. the only way to do that is remove the material and fill with fiberglass. I worry that the material fiberglass build up may not line up to the factory lines. If you want to attempt it let me know. It's possible only if you can make the surface into a solid surface.)

I'll text you if i find out if it can be done by the 22nd. It look slim right now though as it takes 4-6 weeks sometimes.

Everyone please make sure that if you are sending me items to remove all fasteners (like on the screws on the airbox) and pieces that need to stay black like vents ect... Or tape the areas that you want to stay black so i'll know what needs to be masked of before the parts are dipped. Also, if the plastic pieces have a leather texture on them they will not be as shinny or glossy. These parts may have a small additional cost +/-10 for sanding.

Email me at [email protected] for a faster response as I only come on Prime 1-2 times a week since i sold my NSX.

Removing all the parts to ship them to you now. Will be shipped out to you Monday. Please get them back to me ASAP...

NSX Gauge Bezel $60
Door Bezel $125 pair
Handles $125 pair
Console (varies)
Nav Pod $75
Knee bolster and glove box

NSX Gauge Bezel $60
Door Bezel $125 pair
Handles $125 pair
Console (varies)
Nav Pod $75

Also if you can do my Knee bolster and glove box I would like to do those as well.(these are leather/vinyl. the only way to do that is remove the material and fill with fiberglass. I worry that the material fiberglass build up may not line up to the factory lines. If you want to attempt it let me know. It's possible only if you can make the surface into a solid surface.)

I'll text you if i find out if it can be done by the 22nd. It look slim right now though as it takes 4-6 weeks sometimes.

Hey Joesph,
here are ideas on more parts you can cover in CF. I believe he does the same thing as you
:

http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=1836

those parts look like they are a carbon fiber overlay. basically you spray super 90 on the part, attach a black fiberglass or carbon fiber cloth, and top coat with a polyester or epoxy resin (use epoxy it's better) sand and clear coat.

The method we use is water printing (minus the activator spraying in the video. We have a safer "greener" version without the harmful vapors). see video below.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/B6gjArwuIWE?rel=0" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Last edited:
I shouldnt have said same thing as you do I meant he has lot of CF parts and I was just giving you an idea on to what other parts that can be covered. Thanks for the video tho, it helps explain how this process works. I am just waiting on my parts to be removed so I can mail it out to you. Cant Wait:biggrin:

those parts look like they are a carbon fiber overlay. basically you spray super 90 on the part, attach a black fiberglass or carbon fiber cloth, and top coat with a polyester or epoxy resin (use epoxy it's better) sand and clear coat.

The method we use is water printing (minus the activator spraying in the video. We have a safer "greener" version without the harmful vapors). see video below.

<IFRAME class=youtube-player title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/B6gjArwuIWE?rel=0" frameBorder=0 width=480 height=390 type="text/html"></IFRAME>

I am having pillars shipped to you as well as 2 door skins in the pics below to be covered in CF. Its being shipped today. Also Will send the rest of the parts we talked about as soon as my friend gets them out of my car. Thanks

Attachments

• carbon fiber shifter.jpg
    carbon fiber shifter.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 67
  • DSC05002.jpg
    DSC05002.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC05023.JPG
    DSC05023.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC05019.JPG
    DSC05019.JPG