• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Carbon Fiber NSX-R Hood Done!

I was also looking for a NSX-R hood-spoiler combo.

Please consider doing the spoiler w/brake light !! i think many of us are looking for products closest to the original, even Procar have notice that, they are having the spoiler spec 2 (with brake light).

Wow looks awesome!
will you ship overseas ?

great!! i want to pick it up myself. let me know the date i can buy.

hopefully i can get it before the race....haha.

Q: do i have to use the hood pins?

thanks!!

jimmy

Very interesting observation....what about 02+?

lithiumus said:
I'm definitely interested in one. My concerns are...

- I noticed that the air dam is not as deep as the OEM i.e. it's not a perfect replica

Basically same concerns as others..

What about a fiberglass version only?

And although the hood fitment maybe really nice n all, there's a reason that the real hood doesn't allow you to fit the spare tire... the whole functionality of it all...

x

Hi all,

I should have fitment pics this week. I'll answer all the posted questions here:

DPG: I don't see any reason the '02+ would cost more to make - the demand seems good enough! I'll keep everyone posted as to the availability of these.

VBNSX/all others with same concerns: I'll check if the hood works with the stock tire or not this week. As per a potential fiberglass only version, I'll look into it today.

synergy004/AndyH/jdnsx: these hoods are perfectly paintable - as of now, we don't have a lesser model available, just one (as shown).

jimmygt: hood pins are recommended (though I know of no one using them :) )

NSXBOX: Yes, we use BAX Global to ship overseas. We just need Country, City and Postal Code.

NSXPTY: It's in the cards!

lithiumus: all the hoods are ready for paint, a body shop will know exactly how to do so.

I should have fitment pictures this week! Sorry for the slight delay!

James

James,

Thanks for the update. Can't wait to lay my hand on the NSX _R Style hood! :biggrin:

Any chance the NSX-R Wing is next in line?

Good Job!

yeah any chance of NSX-R wing w/ 3rd brake light coming ?

how much is the shipping to Australia/Rosebay/2029 ?

thanks

definetly want to see those pictures

jagtiger said:
James,

Any chance the NSX-R Wing is next in line?

Good Job!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I agree....I need a set(hood and wing) too :biggrin:

yeah... seems demand for wing w/brake light is as good as for the hood.

forgot to mention, put me in the list for a hood and....for a wing :biggrin: I'll also need international shipping

gr8 job!!!

tasteful, you know your craft.
How do I order???

acd

lithiumus said:
I'm definitely interested in one. My concerns are...

- fitment (so far the only hood that fits perfectly is the Procar)
- I noticed that the air dam is not as deep as the OEM i.e. it's not a perfect replica

I will definetly get one (maybe 2)

My questions are:

1. I have a race car so I want one for that!... But I noticed that the scoop does not appear to be as as deep as the OEM i.e. it's not a perfect replica. So will it perform the same as the OEM Type R hood?

2. And why did you make it different to the OEM Type R hood?

3. For my race car, I am interested in what is the weight as compared to OEM

4. For my road car, and to order my 2nd hood, I am concerned on Fitment... There have been fittment issues with the aftermarket replica Type R hoods in the past. Have you been able to overcome these?

5. Also, interested in the Type R rear spoiler with the 3rd brake light... ETA?

Good work and I look forward to your responses so we can get this group buy organised!

I'm interested in purchasing a hood and wing with brake light also! I plan to paint both items. Would like to retain the spare tire if possible. Thanks for your efforts.

Not to be rude, but the hood is made to direct air coming from the radiator up over the car to help increase airflow and downforce. By making it compatable with the spare tire defeats the purpose. Just FYI.

95MR2Turbo: If it clears the spare tire, could there be an seperate part to add on for the air duct to go farther down?

When we test fit the hood on Wednesday, we will be able to determine if it in fact clears the spare tire (though I don't anticipate it will). I'll keep you posted as soon as we test fit!

James

DPG said:
Not to be rude, but the hood is made to direct air coming from the radiator up over the car to help increase airflow and downforce. By making it compatable with the spare tire defeats the purpose. Just FYI.

95MR2Turbo: If it clears the spare tire, could there be an seperate part to add on for the air duct to go farther down?

Back