• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Carfax a must!

Hi members,
First off, I apologize if I posted this thread in the wrong section.
I just like to share my experience while looking for the right NSX before I pour out 20+ grand of my car savings.
I just came across a good deal here on Prime, and the description of the NSX did not state many things in the CARFAX. Luckily, before I wanted to get serious about talking with the owner of the history of the NSX, the CARFAX did it all for me. The report revealed 2 accident reports, 8 owners, and several servicing. The accident reports, which i paid $12 additional to get a report showed the back two sides of the hatch damaged and repaired.
I immediately lost interest, even to talk with the owner, because How can a owner describe the history of his/her nsx when he/she does not even know the details themselves. I was very upset to find out about the nsx, not only because I thought it was a clean looking one, but also the owner being discrete about it.
His name here is earbleeder. He is selling a 92 blk with 110xxx miles vin# jh4na1154nt000011 There are a few others not on prime, but plenty more that i looked at in Cali. Wanted to give my time because I am wanting to become a member here, and would want others to becareful because I would not want something like this happening to me. BTW, if anyone wants to know, just pm me.

Last edited:
That sucks...buyer beware for sure.

Just keep in mind that not all accidents show up on carfaxs. Several cars I looked at were wrecked and repaired and the carfax was clean. You have to get the car up on the hoist and look at everything you can and pay special attention to the gaps between all the body panels and the fasteners that hold them on.

My car is straight and runs awesome. This guy tried to lowball me and when I said no he got mad. When I bought the car I carfaxed it. Just because a carfax said there was an accident doesn't mean it was a total. Any insurance claim can be triggered into carfax. I told him of a COSMETIC ONLY bump to the rear fender in which I demanded a new fender not a repair of the old in which the ins company agreed. The car was thoroughly checked as a precaution for any other structural damage by an ACURA DEALER and was found to have NONE. Just because I give a low price doesn't mean the car is junk. To be clear. I DON"T NEED THE MONEY! I need the space. You will NOT hurt my feelings by not buying the car but if someone who really appreciates the NSX wants to experience it, here it is. I will and have answered any questions honestly by all who have asked. I want to make sure you get what you want. PERIOD! Some people who don't get what they want get mad and try to bash. A typical scar on the used car market. BTW, I'm not a used car salesman.

Sincerely,

Steve

Back