• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Cars & Croissants (Northern NJ) 2015 Schedule

Here's the 2015 C&C schedule from their latest email. I can't wait for this snow to end and the car season to begin again! There are a couple non C&C events included, and locations are not yet included for most events. I'll update this as the info becomes available.

Default location & time:
8:30 am - 11:00 am
The Chatham High School Parking Lot
255 Lafayette Avenue
Chatham, NJ 07928

DayDateLocation/Event
SunMar 01CANCELLED - too much salt & snow
SatMar 14Chatham HS parking lot
SunMar 29Chatham HS parking lot
SatApr 11Morristown ShopRite
SunApr 26Paul Miller Porsche, Parsippany-Troy Hills NJ
SatMay 09Morristown ShopRite
SunMay 24Chatham HS parking lot
SatJun 06Harding Township Car Show C&C
SunJun 21Father's Day C&C, Summit- rained out!
SatJun 20 Summit rained-out; Chatham HS parking lot
SunJul 5 Morristown ShopRite (see post #18)
SatJul 25 Long Valley, NJ (see posts #20 & 21) (Changed due to weather)
SatAug 08Morristown ShopRite (see post #18 for address)
SunAug 09New Hope
SunAug 23Chatham HS parking lot
SatSep 12
SunSep 27Sisters of Christian Charity,Mendham NJ, details in post #27
SunOct 11Donaldson Farms ,Hackettstown NJ, details in post #28
SatOct 17Far Hills Race
SunOct 25Daytop,Mendham, NJ; details in post #29
SatNov 07Morristown ShopRite; details in post #30
SatNov 21Hacklebarney State Park; details in post # 31
SunNov 29Chatham HS parking lot; details in post # 32
SatDec 05
SunDec 20
Default location & time:
8:30 am - 11:00 am
The Chatham High School Parking Lot
255 Lafayette Avenue
Chatham, NJ 07928

Please note that the Chatham High School is right in the middle of the suburbs with houses only a few feet from the parking lot. We ask you to respect the neighbors and be on your BEST behavior and avoid the temptation to rev your engine and peel out. We have a zero tolerance policy in this regard. If you do it, you will be asked not to return.

Last edited:
Surprise, surprise - the March 1 C&C is cancelled. I suppose if one an is an optimist, we could hope for all this snow to melt and the salt to wash away for Mar 14.

I often visit family in Manhattan & Edison. I may try to join you guys one day this summer.

Possible move of this weekend's C&C to Sunday the 15th due to rain. This could be an A+ from a road cleaning perspective. :biggrin:

8:30-11:00 at Chatham HS this Sunday 3-15-15. See whoever shows up there.

The update from the C&C group for tomorrow's gathering. I can't attend for a few months, so post any interesting sitings/activities.

Folks,
We are returning to the Morristown Shop Rite for the first time this year. Full details are below:

Address: Morristown Shoprite
178 East Hanover Avenue
Cedar Knolls NJ, 07927
Date: Saturday, April 11

Time: 8:30AM to 11AM

As you remember from last year's meets, the Morristown ShopRite includes the Village Food Garden and their own diner that serves breakfast all day. Additionally, there is a large indoor/outdoor patio and culinary center that can accommodate over 100 guests that wish to dine there. Security will there to help you park in the correct area of the parking lot.

As always: The good behavior request: Please respect the neighbors and be on your BEST behavior and avoid the temptation to rev your engine and peel out. We have a zero tolerance policy in this regard. If you do it, you will be asked not to return.

Thanks,

-abi & Kirk​

This update is for the C&C gathering on Sunday, April 26 at the Paul Miller Porsche dealership in Parsippany NJ. As noted below, it had a huge turnout last year. And it had variety - from the mundane (a 60's police car) to the quite rare/exotic (an SSC Ultimate Aero).

Now that winter is firmly in the rear view mirror, we are heading to Paul Miller new Porsche for this Sunday's C&C. If you attended in prior years, you know that this is one of the biggest turnouts of the year.

Details are below (note the new location):
Address: 3419 US-46 East
Parsippany-Troy Hills, NJ 07054
Google Map link: https://www.google.com/maps/place/3419+US-46,+Parsippany,+NJ+07054
Time: 8:30 am to 11 am

Our hosts will have their new dealership open exclusively for us (it is a Sunday and they are closed to the public) along with refreshments, and at least as important--access to the restrooms.

As with other C&C meets, we ask you to be on your BEST behavior and avoid the temptation to rev your engine and peel out in front of the dealership. We have a zero tolerance policy in this regard. If you do it, you will be asked not to return.

Also a big thanks to the team at Paul Miller for being our hosts for Sunday's Cars and Croissants!

Thanks,

-abi & Kirk

The update from the C&C group for tomorrow's gathering. I can't attend for a few more weeks, so post any interesting sitings/activities.

Folks,
We are returning to the Morristown Shop Rite thi9s Saturday. Full details are below:

Address: Morristown Shoprite
178 East Hanover Avenue
Cedar Knolls NJ, 07927
Date: Saturday, May 9

Time: 8:30AM to 11AM

As you remember from last year's meets, the Morristown ShopRite includes the Village Food Garden and their own diner that serves breakfast all day. Additionally, there is a large indoor/outdoor patio and culinary center that can accommodate over 100 guests that wish to dine there. Security will there to help you park in the correct area of the parking lot.

As always: The good behavior request: Please respect the neighbors and be on your BEST behavior and avoid the temptation to rev your engine and peel out. We have a zero tolerance policy in this regard. If you do it, you will be asked not to return.

Thanks,

-abi & Kirk​

Last edited:
Update from the C&C group for Sunday, May 24. I plan to attend.

Folks,

A quick note to update you on the C&C on Sunday, May 24. We will be returning to Chatham High School. Hopefully we have finally seen the last of winter. Spring can't get here any sooner.

Full details are below:

Sunday, May 24
8:30 - 11:00AM

255 Lafayette Avenue
Chatham, NJ 07928

Please note that the Chatham High School is right in the middle of the suburbs with houses only a few feet from the parking lot. We ask you to respect the neighbors and be on your BEST behavior and avoid the temptation to rev your engine and peel out. We have a zero tolerance policy in this regard. If you do it, you will be asked not to return.

For those bringing your own baked goods and drinks for breakfast, please make sure you carry out any trash--much appreciated.

See you all this weekend.

-Kirk & abi

There was a La Ferrari there today. New, different styling, hybrid power, but with a tiny bit of the Enzo design feel. Also a nice Mercedes SLS AMG Black Series. Sorry, left my camera home.

This is the info posted on FB.

As noted on the C&C calendar, we will be meeting this Sunday in downtown Summit, NJ for our Father’s Day meet. This meet has historically been our best attended day for C&C. We are keeping an eye on the weather and hopefully it will be clear on Sunday morning.

The town of Summit graciously offered to host us and are promoting the event to their residents. They have provided us with a contiguous areas with over 500 parking spaces.
Location: Downtown Summit. Cars will be parked along Springfield Ave, Union Place and Maple St. Volunteers will help direct you when to get to Summit. A PDF Map with parking areas is attached.
Time: 8:30 to 11:00 AM

Some things to keep in mind
There is no need to RSVP.
Parking is first come first serve. Please DO NOT reserve spaces for your friends: This will just create lots of chaos.
Please note the meet starts at 8:30 AM. Roads where the C&C cars will be parked will start closing around 6:30AM and will open around 8:15AM.
Entrance is at Union Place and Summit Ave at 1 Union Place. Use the following for your GPS for the entrance

Here is the latest from the FB page. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it.

FATHERS DAY C&C CHANGE TO SATURDAY
As you are probably aware, the weather forecast for Sunday is not looking good (thunderstorms and rain all day). At this point, we are cancelling the Sunday Father's Day meet in Summit NJ. Due to the logistics involved it cannot be rescheduled in Summit. Please let all your friends know.
Not to despair, however. We will, instead, have a pre-Father's Day C&C tomorrow, Saturday, June 20 at Chatham High School.
Details are as follows:
255 Lafayette Avenue
Chatham, NJ 07928

Note that due to rain on some previous dates, per organizers Abi and Kirk, the next event is now on Sunday, July 5 at Morristown ShopRite, 178 East Hanover Avenue, Cedar Knolls NJ, 07927, 8:30 - 11 am.

Since I am in-between procedures @ NYP, might as well attend the July 5th event at ShopRite. Would you like to have breakfast there Frank??

July 26 event moved up to July 19. Note the very different location.

All -- due to popular demand, we will have a meet this Sunday. We will go to a more rural location we have not been to for some time.

Hacklebarney State Park
119 Hacklebarney Road
Long Valley, NJ 07853

Do not use GPS to get there. It may take you on gravel or extremely potholed roads. Take Route 206 from the North or South to Route 24. Turn west at the traffic light to get on to Route 24. After 1.4 miles, make a sharp left on to State Park Road. Go 1.9 miles. Turn right to stay on State Park Road. Go 0.2 miles. Turn left into the park. When you get to the parking lot, go to the extreme left side of the lot. Go in the lot at an angle if you have an extremely low front air dam (like I do on my GT3RS).

There are public restrooms there but no food or drink so please bring your own.

Time: 8:30 to 11 am.

Please -- as always, no burnouts or loud revving.

See you there.

Kirk

See post 25 for location. Cancelled on July 19 due to weather. Now set for SATURDAY July 25 at Hacklebarney State Park.
(Don't blame me - I'm just the messenger! )

Quick question.. Why is there a Sat Aug 8 and a Sun Aug 9 C&C event? Can the Sun Aug 9 Bear Mountain run be in place of the Sun Aug 9 C&C event since there is an 8/8 AND 8/9 event planned?

C&C is a separate organization (now 1400 members) for any type or brand vehicle. I just post their schedule for interested NSXers, and typically there are from 1 to 5 NSX's there. Note that Aug 8 is their gathering, and on Aug 9 they are just alerting their members to the New Hope car show. Go to whatever events your heart takes you. (I'm favoring the Bear Mtn run ) :smile:

Back