• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Celebrity NSX owners

On a semi-related note, I saw Ice-T last night (I seem to see him a lot for some reason). He was going to the same show I was at the Beacon Theater (Shaolin Warriors). He was driving a big ass S600 Benz this time though. Normally I see him in his F360, but I've heard he still has the NSX (custom convertible)...

http://www.geocities.com/benzonchrome/icetnsx.jpg

There it is... Bling factor set to maximum... Kids, don't try that at home. I hear that T spent BIG BIG money to make sure that convertible conversion was as tight as possible. It's a monumental task really and not a good idea unless budget is unlimited.

I think that table should be re-titled "Who OWNED an NSX"
I saw Paul Tracy's for sale at Scottsdale Lotus about a year ago. I remember when I started my search for a NSX a fellow in Scottsdale had a black NSX and he said he had the wheels from Mary Lou Rettons NSX with chromed center caps. I don't remember his name. However I remember seeing his car on a rack at Mark B.s shop. He said it was getting tranny work, something about a snap ring..... Glad I got a 94!
Ice-T? Well I guess the axiom holds true "There's always one in every crowd". So he cut up a perfectly good NSX. Stands to reason; such a pathetic figure bent on destruction could only pursue such a path. Bling? What the hell is that??

brickdds said:
Bling? What the hell is that??

Glad you asked! Refer to definition 2 - I don't think the Mario one applies :p

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bling&f=1

To be honest, your righteous anger aside, I don't think the conversion on that NSX looks all that bad. I'm certainly not a fan of chop-up jobs by any means.

As for the list, whether it's "owns" or "owned", it's still interesting. Everyone knows that celebrities don't hold on to cars very long. I've heard that Rowan Atkinson bought a new NSX though.

Great list! For those of you who remembered/following his career, I can only imagine what it would have been like to get a ride with Ayrton Senna in one of these fabulous cars. Certainly akin to getting a ride with Michael Schumacher in one of the numerous road going Ferrari's that he helped to develop. Wow! ;)

Steve T.

brickdds said:
Ice-T? Well I guess the axiom holds true "There's always one in every crowd". So he cut up a perfectly good NSX. Stands to reason; such a pathetic figure bent on destruction could only pursue such a path.
You could say the same thing for Mr. T (his relative? ;) ) but he decided to take his destruction out on trees...

Mary Lou Retton comes into my work all the time. She used to own a white 92 NSX. I've never gotten a chance to talk to her thou, but I'm sure she's seen my blk NSX outside. :) Now she owns a large white SUV, probably because she has kids. ;)

NSX FoYoAss said:
Mary Lou Retton comes into my work all the time. She used to own a white 92 NSX. I've never gotten a chance to talk to her thou, but I'm sure she's seen my blk NSX outside. :) Now she owns a large white SUV, probably because she has kids. ;)

Z, I think she just wants to bling ahhaaahha.

Ravi:D

...I'm surprised nobody else mentioned this yet...(at least I didn't catch it:))

...Formula One driver Jenson Button currently owns and drives an NSX in europe as his daily driver***;)

...there was several other F1 drivers who owned and drove the NSX as a daily driver (in addition to Aryton Senna and Alex Zanardi)...it just goes to show how splendid and raw its chassis/design is for the REAL driver. Truly a drivers car*:)

>>I can only imagine what it would have been like to get a ride with Ayrton Senna in one of these fabulous cars.

This was written up in one of the first issues of NSX Driver, the magazine of the NSX Club of America.

Does anyone have a reprint or synopsis of that write up? I imagine it's fantastic. :)

Steve T.

Soichiro said:
>>I can only imagine what it would have been like to get a ride with Ayrton Senna in one of these fabulous cars.

This was written up in one of the first issues of NSX Driver, the magazine of the NSX Club of America.

Steve Theodore said:
I can only imagine what it would have been like to get a ride with Ayrton Senna in one of these fabulous cars.
Those at NSXPO 2001 had a chance to get a ride around Road America with Peter Cunningham in the Realtime Racing NSX.

You could say the same thing for Mr. T

No, you can't.
Say what you want about his career as an actor, bodyguard, wrestler, whatever. But Mr. T was always aware of his position in the public eye and worked at creating a positive image as a role model, always emphasizing to kids to never smoke, drink or do drugs. Additionally, he spends quite a bit of his own time with kids at a shelter for abused children.
As for your boy Iced T. let's see, he is most well known for bestowing "cop-killer" rap music onto our society; beautiful.

NSX FoYoAss said:

A friend of mine owns that car. He's an NSXCA member but not on this board.

For you hockey fans...

A few yrs back- former PittsburghPenguins (N.H.L.) goal-tender, Tom Barrasso, had a black NSX w/ some modz'. The area's exotic shoppe had taken it in on a trade-in and stated that he was the former owner (lolz, I was staring at a NSX when there were Masarati's, PorscheTurbos, Lotuses, Lambo's, and F-cars a plentiful... :)

Back