• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Centerconsole options for CD-unit? And doesn't SOS sell these anymore??

A while ago I saw this on SOS webshop:

bkconsole.jpg

Why isn't this listed up anymore? :confused:

What other options do I have? I really don't want to cut the original center console, rather just replace it with something I can paint (I'm going glossy black, like NSXBOX's ex-NSX).

Thank you, regards Adeel

Btw, I probably don't want a expensive CF piece, because I'm painting it anyway.

I am going to be looking into producing a simular item very soon. Just making sure we can provide an OE mounting solution.

ryans:

Thank you!

BenDF said:
I am going to be looking into producing a simular item very soon. Just making sure we can provide an OE mounting solution.

How similar and how soon? :)

I will try to get this going in the upcoming weeks. I want to make sure we go the extra mile, and ensure a perfect fit. It has to bolt up like an OEM part, or I do not want to attempt it.

We will likely offer solutions with and without the radio cutout. :)

Also, i was thinking to offer this in:

1. Trim black FRP
2. Carbon Fiber
3. Carbon Kevlar

BenDF said:
I will try to get this going in the upcoming weeks. I want to make sure we go the extra mile, and ensure a perfect fit. It has to bolt up like an OEM part, or I do not want to attempt it.

We will likely offer solutions with and without the radio cutout. :)

Also, i was thinking to offer this in:

1. Trim black FRP
2. Carbon Fiber
3. Carbon Kevlar

Would be interested in a single DIN cutout or space for one. Would be nice if it had the other factory cutouts too (a/c, ashtray, & coin holder).

CL65 Captain said:
Would be interested in a single DIN cutout or space for one. Would be nice if it had the other factory cutouts too (a/c, ashtray, & coin holder).
I would also like a single din but with no factroy cutouts except the Ambient Temp Fan.

Interested as well. I'd like to keep the factory unit for resale down the road.

well I am thinking just a few more accents it looks awesome with the green imho...I was thinking the underbody panels too :cool: other than that a lip and type-r wing :)

oh yah btw, keeping the ashtray would be awesome ben!
I don't smoke just looks better to me :)

Last edited:
Hi

I am in for a OEM looking with ashtray for double din. BTW is there a different colour on the US ones compared to the center consoll we have in Europe?

Regards

I would be definitely interested in one with all the oem cut outs (asperator fan, a/c, ashtray, and coin tray) with a single din in carbon fiber.

Getting a bit out of hand. We are not going to make a new mold for each person's special request.

Need to stick to TWO versions at most, and go with it.

Well, I was contemplating making two versions depending on the requests here. However, if everyone wants something different, it's not going to happen.

I was thinking one just like OEM, and one with just the cut out for the temp controls. What do you guys prefer?

I think you'd get most customers on the OEM one. Personally I want it like the one displayed in the first post.

If you want to check the response, make a poll and see what answers you get.

Ben, when you say OEM do you mean with the stock stereo cutouts?

I think OEM and single DIN in place of the stock stereo (with a/c and ashtray) would be the next best seller.

CL65 Captain said:
Ben, when you say OEM do you mean with the stock stereo cutouts?

I think OEM and single DIN in place of the stock stereo (with a/c and ashtray) would be the next best seller.

Definitely.

I went thru the Dali CF one...too much cutting, etc. Now I have the SOS carbon fiber plate, which is nice and all, but I'd really rather have something that didn't look patched into place. I bet some boost guages would fit great between the stereo and ash tray if the stereo was mounted high enough.

Back